speculation on the AP leak investigation

Posted by: garyW

speculation on the AP leak investigation - 05/15/13 02:56 PM

There is an assumption (AP's counsel recieved government letter but is unable to release it = Grand Jury summons) that AP reporters have been subpoenaed by a Grand Jury to find the source of the leaks . Previously, the FBI had subpoenaed records for 20 specific phone lines for these reporters, including the AP's phone in the House of Representatives press gallery. link.

Did a House member give AP classified information, someone in an Intelligence committee? I think that's where the investigation is headed.

Curious how the Romney campaign was instantly attacking Obama for leaks just as AP had originally reported the foiled terrorist bombing turning a national security victory into a political hit against the President.

Since Leahy called for the investigation . with no republican support ... I'm placing bets that this is going to get turned on its head. link Peter King (R-Asshat), chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, is mentioned a lot.

Of course, Fox Republicans are calling this an Obama scandal WORSE THAN WATERGATE!

</tin foil hat>

Posted by: DLC

Re: speculation on the AP leak investigation - 05/15/13 03:09 PM

Everything BO does is worse than Watergate, Iran Contra, the Iraq invasion-WMD debacle, and the housing/mortgage bust ALL rolled in together !! wink

It's apocalyptic !!! eek

WHAT maroons !!! he, he, he laugh

Re: speculation on the AP leak investigation - 05/15/13 03:12 PM

I am just wanting (in the worst way) for King or Bachman to be exposed in this political hackery. Makes no sense that the info was leaked by the Administration one day before a news briefing on the foiled terrorist plot.

Re: speculation on the AP leak investigation - 05/15/13 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: DLC

It's apocalyptic !!! eek

Posted by: Celandine

Re: speculation on the AP leak investigation - 05/15/13 07:40 PM

I reckon everything is set up as a
Hell If You Do / Hell If You Don't
situation ...so that every action
(or inaction) can be leapt upon. smirk

Re: speculation on the AP leak investigation - 05/17/13 12:01 PM

Rachel Maddow / Richard Engel**

Exposure of double agent at heart of AP investigation

**NBC Chief Foreign Correspondent

Re: speculation on the AP leak investigation - 05/17/13 02:43 PM

Originally Posted By: garyW
There is an assumption (AP's counsel recieved government letter but is unable to release it = Grand Jury summons) that AP reporters have been subpoenaed by a Grand Jury to find the source of the leaks . Previously, the FBI had subpoenaed records for 20 specific phone lines for these reporters, including the AP's phone in the House of Representatives press gallery. link.

Did a House member give AP classified information, someone in an Intelligence committee? I think that's where the investigation is headed.

Curious how the Romney campaign was instantly attacking Obama for leaks just as AP had originally reported the foiled terrorist bombing turning a national security victory into a political hit against the President.

Since Leahy called for the investigation . with no republican support ... I'm placing bets that this is going to get turned on its head. link Peter King (R-Asshat), chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, is mentioned a lot.

Of course, Fox Republicans are calling this an Obama scandal WORSE THAN WATERGATE!

</tin foil hat>

AH-SO!

What you're asking is
'Who put the tribbles in the quadrotriticale?' smirk

"The Troubles with Tribbles"