Sanford wins?

Posted by: Mike

Sanford wins? - 05/07/13 06:00 PM

Man, oh man! I just can't believe this!
Sanford
Posted by: DLC

Re: Sanford wins? - 05/07/13 06:52 PM

Shows you the GOP will vote for a GOP no matter how BAD he is... Bush proved that too !!
Dems will too to some degree, but not as rampantly. frown

Mark- "Doan cry for me Argentina" Sanford !! sick
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Sanford wins? - 05/07/13 08:35 PM

Did he find God in all this? If he found God in all this, then he's OK.

Sorry--I've been watching the American version of House of Cards, on Netflix, and just saw the episode where our hero, Frank Underwood, gives that horrible eulogy at the funeral of the girl for whose death he's supposed to be responsible. Smarm everywhere.

Re: Sanford wins? - 05/08/13 02:17 AM

Originally Posted By: DLC
Shows you the GOP will vote for a GOP no matter how BAD he is... Bush proved that too !!
Dems will too to some degree, but not as rampantly. frown

Mark- "Doan cry for me Argentina" Sanford !! sick

If this is any indication of what 2014 midterm elections are going to be like.... More gridlock.
And, oh no, there'll be two 'turtles' back in congress!
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Sanford wins? - 05/08/13 02:37 AM

Originally Posted By: DLC

...or against a woman...?

With Cris Cristie vs Hilary this doesn't bode well
Posted by: steveg

Re: Sanford wins? - 05/08/13 02:58 AM

Sadly, not a surprise.
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Sanford wins? - 05/08/13 03:45 AM

Why would anyone in their right mind vote for this loser Sanford?

Re: Sanford wins? - 05/08/13 05:42 AM

Originally Posted By: yoyo52
Did he find God in all this? If he found God in all this, then he's OK.

Sorry--I've been watching the American version of House of Cards, on Netflix, and just saw the episode where our hero, Frank Underwood, gives that horrible eulogy at the funeral of the girl for whose death he's supposed to be responsible. Smarm everywhere.

Looks like he's found God AND a nice Argentine firecracker. crazy

Re: Sanford wins? - 05/08/13 05:43 AM

Originally Posted By: musicalmarv7
Why would anyone in their right mind vote for this loser Sanford?

This is South Carolina, man!
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Sanford wins? - 05/08/13 02:05 PM

The redemption story worked. Hell, maybe he is redeemed. We'll see how long he stays on his best behavior.

Re: Sanford wins? - 05/08/13 06:06 PM

Cristie is one of the better conservatives, BUT I think people will favor setting a precedence and elect the first woman President. Hillary is VERY popular. She's razor sharp and has much more experience to be President..... after all she served 8 years in the 1990's !! whistle

laugh

Re: Sanford wins? - 05/08/13 07:14 PM

NJ Gov Chris Christie is just smart enough to ride
the "Bump" he got for stepping toward the Center
during SuperStorm Sandy.

Trust me, other than that, he's been a miserable
penny-pinching SoB* for the State of New Jersey.
*(GOP) making drastic cuts to teachers, First
Responders, and our infrastructure.

Just as Lea recommended that NO ONE Vote for
Rick Perry since she knew him more intimately
than the rest of us.. and how the people of
Alaska all but begged us NOT to vote for Sarah Palin
...trust me...
YOU DON'T WANT CHRIS CHRISTY FOR PRESIDENT!

I was in the hospital for 30 days during the Clinton
era, during my stay, I reported dizziness, and
was given an MRI and a Q+A Exam by the doctor.

He held up his pen saying, "What is this called?"
"A pen" "Good... and THIS?" pointing to his tie.
"A Tie" "Good... Who is the president of the
United States" "Hilary Clinton! laugh "Good, you're
Brain is intact, and so is your sense of humor." smile

Re: Sanford wins? - 05/08/13 07:27 PM

You can tell how scared the reps. are about Hillary by all the stuff going on about Benghazi. It's a hell of a thing cause clearly sht happened and people died. But who is responsible, assuming that something other that fate was at work, will be so muddied by politics that we'll never ever get at anything like the truth.
Posted by: Leslie

Re: Sanford wins? - 05/08/13 09:54 PM

Quote:
we'll never ever get at anything like the truth.

When do we ever get the truth?

Re: Sanford wins? - 05/09/13 07:17 AM

True dat.

Re: Sanford wins? - 05/09/13 08:17 AM

On the other hand, Leslie, this is what Alex Pareene has to say about this crap over at Salon.com:

Originally Posted By: Alex Pareene
The deaths of Chris Stevens and the others who died last September were probably avoidable. An opposition party made up of sane people would be very useful, right now, in determining how to prevent future tragedies like this. Alas, our existing opposition party is made up of numskulls and charlatans who take WorldNetDaily seriously. The most depressing thing about #BENGHAZI is that its completely supplanted all efforts to learn from Benghazi.

I agree. We need, we badly need a functioning and functional political opposition.

Re: Sanford wins? - 05/09/13 11:54 AM

It's all BS distraction - sure some mistakes were probably made... tell me Bush had a perfect record with 9-11 and the anthrax attack of 2001 !! But the Dems didn't initially go into attack mode... yes years later questions arose , esp. after invading Iraq... but in the many months following these attacks, Dems pulled with the GOP and the country.

And to compare this to Watergate is a BIG . . S T R E T C H !!
BO and H. Clinton may have misjudged the situation- tell me a President who's been perfect in that ??
Carter misjudged Iran; Reagan performed illegal acts in Iran Contra; B. Clinton misjudged Somalia; Bush misjudged 9-11, anthrax attacks, Iraq, Afghanistan, AND the housing / mortgage lending crash ... so this is nothing compared to those !! Tempest in a teacup !! same as the Boston bomber BS !!

The GOP doesn't want to do CRAP to help the country or the working man so they come up with this diversionary BS !! That's all it is !

Re: Sanford wins? - 05/09/13 08:23 PM

Originally Posted By: yoyo52
You can tell how scared the reps. are about Hillary by all the stuff going on about Benghazi. It's a hell of a thing cause clearly sht happened and people died. But who is responsible, assuming that something other that fate was at work, will be so muddied by politics that we'll never ever get at anything like the truth.

It's all BS... "Smoke & Mirrors"
What ever became of the HUGE Hurodoodoo
with Leon Panetta grilling Eric Holder ad nauseam?
WTF?
You'd think folks would catch a clue and see it for what it is.