I want to by this guy a drink

Posted by: garyW

I want to by this guy a drink - 04/29/13 02:58 PM

Originally Posted By: yoyo52

Meanwhile, for idiocy worse than the NY Post's haste to scoop everyone and in the process outscoop itself, here's the wisdom of Alex Jones.

Why can't people be human before they're political.

Of course Alex Jones and his InfoWars website are rolling in the dough with their "false flag" "Obama and the FBI bombed the Boston Marathon" conspiracies. In fact, the dead terrorist bomber was an avid fan of Alex Jones.

So today there's this guy to push it back in their faces. There's profanity, you can deal with it.

Posted by: steveg

Re: I want to by this guy a drink - 04/29/13 03:21 PM

Wellllll... He did get more than a little sophomoric at a/b the midpoint. He could've made his point with half the effort and time. Even though his message was on target.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: I want to by this guy a drink - 04/29/13 03:33 PM

smile

That said--Steve is right. Foul mouth never won fair report.

Re: I want to buy this guy a drink - 04/29/13 04:33 PM

I would like to "buy" this guy a drink, doh!
</accidental carpism>

I give this guy a lot of credit for confronting the infowars "reporter", the same "reporter" who interrupted the FBI news conference on April 18 with the "false flag" rant, accusing the FBI of doing this while the FBI was on the trail of the bombers on the loose.

I'll applaud the profanity used because it was said to his face, unflinchingly. That takes nerve. This Infowars reporter is walking the street in Boston and editing video to claim that Obama and the FBI did this horrific act. They're trying their best to overthrow the government and have citizens take arms against those who's job it is to protect us. Infowars & Jones and their propagnda make them true anarchists and hatemongers. The verbal onslaught was a little bit of payback.

Posted by: DLC

Re: I want to by this guy a drink - 04/29/13 04:54 PM

Yeah, I think he didn't come across like he'd hope to.. Cambridge is a center of intelligence, and this guy resorted to street talk and poor language. He should have shown his intelligence wo the name calling. Idiot, ignoramus is ok , but MoFo, F-er, SOB... that's distracts from the message. The guy should have used intelligent language & debate to nail his sorry azz ! IF Cambridge is his territory, he sure didn't represent its academic qualities ! crazy

Gary - where's the "SS" insignias on the Infowars reporters jacket ? Did he remove them for this news event so not to be too obvious ? wink

Posted by: six_of_one

Re: I want to by this guy a drink - 04/29/13 05:44 PM

Liked the message, not so much the delivery. And he kind of lost me when he started to say the other guy shouldn't be allowed to express his views -- delivered like he really meant it -- before a somewhat hasty "but we have a constitution" ...

Nonetheless, good to see average peeps pushing back against the conspiracy drivel ...
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: I want to by this guy a drink - 04/29/13 06:26 PM

Up until Boston, I've never heard of Alex Jones and Infowars.
I found out because 3 good friends of mine TRULY believe every word. crazy
Since then they have been posting non stop about every conspiracy you can think of.
My favorite is FEMA stock piling guillotines and coffins to get ready for the government "death panels" when Obamacare becomes mandatory.
I've known these people for several years and had NO idea.
Lost a lot of respect for them…

Re: I want to buy this guy a drink - 04/29/13 06:32 PM

There are GOP members in Congress who bring these conspiracy theories up in House session and in hearings. Some of the questioning of Sec. Clinton on the Bengahzi attacks were conspiracy crap from Alex Jones … Like Sen. Rand Paul and his accusation that Clinton was involved in funneling arms through Libya to Turkey (Clinton laughed at him). Drudge Report has been a huge advocate of Jones and Infowars, and as you expect, the number of people believing this stuff is growing quickly.
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: I want to buy this guy a drink - 04/29/13 06:39 PM

Quote:
There are GOP members in Congress who bring these conspiracy theories up in House session and in hearings.

See, now that's what scares the crap out of me.
It's one thing for people to follow this stuff like it's UFO's or something, but to bring this into Congress?
Sigh…
Posted by: Leslie

Re: I want to buy this guy a drink - 04/29/13 09:14 PM

I really enjoyed it, wash rinse repeat.
I am so tired of "us" being sweet and respectful and "them" being total liars and bullies.
It was rather refreshing to hear someone say, uncensored, what is on the mind of many.

Re: I want to by this guy a drink - 04/30/13 02:57 AM

Says #@$%()^ who, you %$@*& dip$@%&*? grin

Re: I want to by this guy a drink - 04/30/13 02:59 AM

Judging by his lack of an accent, he's not a native anyway. Just another visitor to the Peoples' Republic of Cambridge. wink
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: I want to by this guy a drink - 04/30/13 08:17 AM

I love the People's Republic of Cambridge! If its economic playing field were really what you'd expect from a People's Republic, I'd move back there asap.
Posted by: lanovami

Re: I want to by this guy a drink - 04/30/13 04:04 PM

Agreed, he's showing the one track mind dismissiveness that I (inaccurately?) ascribe to the other side. The guy he is filming keeps his cool (I didn't watch the whole thing) and comes off looking the better one.
Posted by: Celandine

Re: I want to buy this guy a drink - 04/30/13 06:08 PM

+1

Re: I want to by this guy a drink - 04/30/13 09:36 PM

Originally Posted By: steveg
Judging by his lack of an accent, he's not a native anyway. Just another visitor to the Peoples' Republic of Cambridge. wink

Does not preclude his sentiments.
We all agree he rambled on and on and said the same thing over and over again.
Rethugs do this all the time.
He was fighting fire with fire with his emotions.

Re: I want to by this guy a drink - 05/01/13 03:23 AM

Quote:
Does not preclude his sentiments.
Didst thou not see mine winkie?blush

Re: I want to by this guy a drink - 05/01/13 08:04 AM

Ah, Sire Steve, your winkie passed right by me unnoticed.
For shame.
Posted by: Mac007

Profanity ruins the whole argument for me - 05/01/13 09:50 AM

I agree with the lady who was telling the individual that all the profanity was not needed to make his point. He would have been better served to engage the person he disagreed with in a give and take debate. Instead he sounded more like an angry drunk who only wanted his opinion expressed.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: I want to by this guy a drink - 05/01/13 10:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Leslie
His is easy to miss. smirk

Re: I want to by this guy a drink - 05/01/13 10:57 AM

And how come you know this? smirk
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: I want to by this guy a drink - 05/01/13 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Jim_
His is easy to miss. smirk

Bwahaahahahaaaaa...... thanks, I needed a good laugh.
/wipes single tear from cheek...
Posted by: Jim_

Re: I want to by this guy a drink - 05/01/13 05:19 PM

Originally Posted By: steveg
And how come you know this? smirk
Do you really want me to answer? I thought D'un was don't ask don't tell. grin

Re: I want to by this guy a drink - 05/01/13 09:27 PM

I had a feeling this was going to go sideways.
And DO NOT one of you ask me how I knew that!

Re: I want to by this guy a drink - 05/02/13 03:24 AM

Sideways? He always told me he lov... Oh no no no no no. I'm not goin' there! blush grin

Re: I want to by this guy a drink - 05/02/13 03:25 AM

Now, honey... grin
Posted by: carp

Re: I want to by this guy a drink - 05/04/13 02:25 PM

I had a feeling this was going to go sideways.
And DO NOT one of you ask me how I knew that!

Okay I'll bite - how'd ya know ? laugh

Re: I want to by this guy a drink - 05/04/13 04:14 PM

If I were a betting gal which I am, I would have picked you to bite.
Only because I know how close you and Steve can be on occasion.
wink