Real or Oniony?

Posted by: yoyo52

Real or Oniony? - 04/03/13 03:01 PM

What do you think?

The whole thing reminds me of the DA in TX, who was shot and killed a couple of days ago despite the fact that he was always armed with a gun and, as he said after his deputy had been killed a while ago, he was ready to respond to any attack because he had been a soldier.

I hate to say it, but here goes: guns kill people.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Real or Oniony? - 04/03/13 03:45 PM

What also blows me away about the NRAs argument to arm schools is there were armed guards at Columbine... didn't change much !!

They say "arm teachers and administrators"; yet in the Manhattan shooting a few years ago, trained police hit several bystanders. Those were highly trained police... imagine what a teacher or administrator would do. Do we want schools to become shooting galleries ? Besides the school personnel went to college to learn to teach NOT to be body guards !! mad

The leadership of the NRA is nuts !!
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Real or Oniony? - 04/03/13 04:33 PM

Yeah.. that's an April Fools piece.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Real or Oniony? - 04/03/13 07:47 PM

You didn't really believe that, did you?
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Real or Oniony? - 04/04/13 03:31 AM

That is why Obama and the rest of the Senate are trying pass some type of gun laws.Something has to done asap about this.Lapierre could care less about these killings happening now and only about what profits the NRA is making from these gun manufacturers.He is a MONSTER!
Posted by: steveg

Re: Real or Oniony? - 04/04/13 03:54 AM

Garlicky, even.
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Real or Oniony? - 04/04/13 04:29 AM

Yeah, it's kind of a stupid April Fool's I think. Gun supporters might even use it to show the other side is fabricating stuff.

But regardless: "I hate to say it, but here goes: guns kill people." Yes, and with alarming regularity.

Re: Real or Oniony? - 04/04/13 04:46 AM

The date didn't clue me in right away, but as soon as I read some guy was taking down his pants in the bathroom when the gun went off, I got it.

Re: Real or Oniony? - 04/04/13 04:46 AM

What does the Onion do on April Fool's? Put out real news? smile
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Real or Oniony? - 04/04/13 07:27 AM

Did I believe it? Not really. But I've come to the conclusion that in this world of ours it's dangerous not to believe that people can be more stupid than dodos.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Real or Oniony? - 04/04/13 09:05 AM

The Onion pieces I can usually spot right off... but i must say, The daily Currant has hooked me about 3 times till I looked again...
Posted by: Mike

Re: Real or Oniony? - 04/04/13 09:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Jim_
You didn't really believe that, did you?

It sounds believable....It's a gun show!