da Pope

Posted by: lanovami

da Pope - 04/01/13 06:04 PM

I am not Catholic, and am pretty sure never will be. And I know this Pope Francis came out against gay marriage and all that, though he could never have become pope if he did. But, dang if I don't like his personal touch. With all the hate and dying in pain and fear going on everywhere, this guy certainly is a breath of fresh air. As the most high profile religious figure in the world he is certainly doing his part, so far, to spread love.

Maybe he does all this hands on stuff in the style of Jesus Christ for the cameras, but I think there's more to it. Maybe now that he is in for life, after a few years he'll try to open the church's views a bit - but maybe that's wishful thinking.
Posted by: carp

Re: da Pope - 04/01/13 07:04 PM

Yep, I agree fresh air laugh I see him making some (possible) changes in the church. But like government all the Cardinals have to agree as well.

IMO; what we will see in the next 5 years.

1 - Nuns playing a bigger role in the church - maybe the first woman Priest ?

2 - Priest are able to marry and have families - after all theres nothing in the bible that forbids marriage - plus all the other Christian denominations can marry.

What you won't see;

a) Accepting gays.
b) Use of contraception.
Posted by: DLC

Re: da Pope - 04/01/13 07:24 PM

Originally Posted By: carp

IMO; what we will see in the next 5 years.

1 - Nuns playing a bigger role in the church - maybe the first woman Priest ?

2 - Priest are able to marry and have families - after all theres nothing in the bible that forbids marriage - plus all the other Christian denominations can marry.

What you won't see;

a) Accepting gays.
b) Use of contraception.

#2 - might solve some of their alter boy problems !! blush

I think they've already done a).... see above !! blush blush blush

oooze ! I'm going to HLL for dat one !! laugh

Posted by: Jim_

Re: da Pope - 04/01/13 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By: lanovami
Maybe now that he is in for life, after a few years he'll try to open the church's views a bit - but maybe that's wishful thinking.
No way in our lifetime, that includes you young'uns'. Take it from a born and raised Catholic. I haven't "practiced" since high school but due to family affairs have attended many services since.

Not a progressive thinking bunch.
Posted by: lanovami

Re: da Pope - 04/01/13 08:22 PM

"No way in our lifetime"

party pooper wink
Posted by: Jim_

Re: da Pope - 04/01/13 08:29 PM

"No way in our lifetime"

party pooper wink

Re: da Pope - 04/01/13 09:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Jim_
Maybe now that he is in for life, after a few years he'll try to open the church's views a bit - but maybe that's wishful thinking.
No way in our lifetime, that includes you young'uns'. Take it from a born and raised Catholic. I haven't "practiced" since high school but due to family affairs have attended many services since.

Not a progressive thinking bunch.

I am just hoping that since (al) the other churches have gained allot more follower's <- not sure if thats a good thing or bad.

Guessing that the Catholic Church (spiraling) down fall of new follower's - will send a messaged that the churches view is very far far out of date ? ? not to mention the far to many sexy related law suites .
Posted by: Celandine

Re: da Pope - 04/02/13 12:38 AM

The big one for me
has always been the condemnation of contraception.
Maybe (as a non-Catholic) I'm missing something...
but you'd think it's the ultimate in anti-ABORTION
Posted by: DLC

Re: da Pope - 04/02/13 04:34 PM

They want their flocks to get bigger !
Contraception stops those 6-8 kid families and thus lowers their income tithes !
It's all business... has little to do with religion IMO ...
BTW they accept "the rhythm method" as a valid (and religiously acceptable) means of Contraception.

They call people that practice that technique . . . .parents ! wink

"the rhythm method" reminds me of Russian roulette .... you might miss a few chambers, but eventually you're going to get a "full" one ! BAM !! another kid !! laugh

Re: da Pope - 04/04/13 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Celandine
The big one for me
has always been the condemnation of contraception.
Maybe (as a non-Catholic) I'm missing something...
but you'd think it's the ultimate in anti-ABORTION

My understanding and I could be wrong;

The church believes that contraception <- blocks the work of God - he alone decides who gets pregnant and when and with what child. Plus bringing new life to serve the Lord.

Which in some cases women have become pregnant with the use of contraception <- which is truly an act of God.

Go figure.
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: da Pope - 04/05/13 03:29 AM

The Pope is a kind human being with plenty of compassion for the poor especially. I like him quite a bit. He is not a phony like the other pope. He means what he says and says what he means in life.He will be an inspiration to all of us even though we are different religions we are all one in life.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: da Pope - 04/05/13 04:07 AM

And you can tell all of that in the 5 seconds he has been in office. OK.
Posted by: steveg

Re: da Pope - 04/05/13 04:39 AM

Well, His Holiness is anti-Gay, so what else do you need to know?