North Korea Again

Posted by: yoyo52

North Korea Again - 04/01/13 05:12 PM

This time it belongs in the Soapbox, I think, cause the nuttiness moves from Kim Jong Un to the shores of the good ole US of A. Turns out that Kim works on God's behalf.
Posted by: Celandine

Re: North Korea Again - 04/01/13 05:47 PM

GOOD!

...and here I thought we had
sumpthin' to worry about! smirk

Posted by: carp

Re: North Korea Again - 04/01/13 07:11 PM

I am not sure which one person is more wacko laugh

note to US military planers;

1 - First strike teams should be all gay laugh just to send a message.

Re: North Korea Again - 04/02/13 12:17 AM

Duh!
...or maybe he's a card-carrying member of the NRA

Re: North Korea Again - 04/02/13 12:22 AM

...or maybe...JUST Maybe...
He realizes how vulnerable we are @ the moment
since the steenking Republicans are defunding EVERYTHING
...INCLUDING AMERICA'S ECONOMIC RECOVERY
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: North Korea Again - 04/02/13 03:26 AM

Never trust this Kim only a moron like Dennis Rodman did this.North Korea should definitely be taken seriously.
Posted by: steveg

Re: North Korea Again - 04/02/13 06:11 AM

Lunacy + Insanity = bidness as usual. crazy

Word is that Dear Leader Jr. has been doing some housecleaning that is really pissing of a lot of the NK military and political old guards. Who knows, we may not have to do anything but wait for the coupe. But then, what will iKooky 3.0 bring us.
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: North Korea Again - 04/02/13 07:49 AM

Quote:
Who knows, we may not have to do anything but wait for the coupe.

Vroom, vroom! ;-)

Re: North Korea Again - 04/02/13 08:16 AM

You don't know what I've got!
Posted by: steveg

Re: North Korea Again - 04/02/13 09:33 AM

Hey, there's no charge for the extra "e". 'K? Besides, it sounds mo classy that way. :p

Re: North Korea Again - 04/02/13 09:38 AM

Originally Posted By: musicalmarv7
Never trust this Kim only a moron like Dennis Rodman did this.North Korea should definitely be taken seriously.

Doan get me wrong;
I take that PoS as seriously as a heart attack.
I tend to think of anyone with the capabilities
of slapping together a suit case bomb seriously.

Especially when they've a chip on their shoulder,
and are looking to "make their bones" in order
to get street creds among other nasty A-Holes.
Posted by: DLC

Re: North Korea Again - 04/02/13 04:26 PM

Hey just got an i-deer...

we send Rodman back with tickets to the Big 4 ... to call off the whole nuk-klar thang !! grin

whadda ya think ? eek

Re: North Korea Again - 04/02/13 05:04 PM

Originally Posted By: DLC
Hey just got an i-deer...

we send Rodman back with tickets to the Big 4 ... to call off the whole nuk-klar thang !! grin

whadda ya think ? eek

Yar,
we'll slip 'em in an envelope and
let Herman Munster hand deliver them. smirk

Re: North Korea Again - 04/03/13 03:54 AM

North Korea cares less about what Kerry purposes to them about starting trouble with the U.S. and other states involved.Their ideas are about power and being strong militarily and giving a s--t less about their people who are poor there.These people are brain washed like robots in North Korea.Puppets on a string.

Re: North Korea Again - 04/04/13 08:05 PM

Marv,

Its really more complex than that;
The whole NK issue is all about promises made after the Korean Conflict - The UN , SK , US, Japan and China all have made promises to NK from everything to economic to food and industry relief <- now however NK has to meet certain conditions to get these promised relief packages (money) which they did meet some and failed on many <- they did get some relief but certainly far far from what was promised.

Complexity;
NK says that they did their fair share - and that the West owes them big time ?
The West and everyone else say that NK does not even come close to meeting their share ? ?

Bottom line;
North Korea feels that they have been (F--cked) over long enough by these false promises.

IMO.

Re: North Korea Again - 04/05/13 05:56 AM

I see your point but how does NK react? By launching missiles and reactivating nuclear reactors? Totally illogical!

Question 2: why does the world owe $ & food forever? NK is a pimple on the worlds azz !

Observation: GW s Iraq folly comes back to bite us, WTF can we do if they attack? With a million man army in NK, we can't do much but nuke em and that's a horrible answer!

Re: North Korea Again - 04/06/13 04:23 AM

That still does not make it right to start a war with this imbecile as the leader of N.K.Negotiate the right way and see what terms both states can agree on.Hopefully Kerry can find some type of solution to this problem we are facing now.

Re: North Korea Again - 04/06/13 06:13 PM

DID I hear something about a April 10th deadline ?? After that they could no longer guarantee the safety of SK people ?? Just caught the ned of it ?

F SO - I think NK has their own GW !! eek
(sounds like Iraq deadlines which we knew ahead of time, they couldn't keep.)

If this culminates in war - I hope people realize the predicament GW put us in by:
1. UNNECESSARILY Invading Iraq and spreading our troops and resources thin.
2. Removing a balance of power against Iran in the ME, and
3. Letting NK develop nukes on HIS watch !!

mad mad mad

If they piss off all the countries by threatening their embassies - I wonder if this could develop into a "55 Days at Pyongyang" ??

Re: North Korea Again - 04/07/13 10:52 AM

IMO,

I don't think China will get involved in this one , (if) NK should do something that stupid.

Unlike the first Korean conflict , the US is not going to get stuck in the mud jungle war like the last time - rather the US will take out NK navy, air force and missile sites then carpet bomb their army.

Plus unlike the first time SK forces are well trained with hi-tech gear.

Re: North Korea Again - 04/07/13 04:22 PM

I wonder if there's a drone with "Kim" on the nosecone ?? wink

No can't do that. Who knows maybe the army wants an out besides suicide. Oh sure we'll (& SK) have casualties, but that peninsula isn that big !! The S Koreans could be the 21st century "300" !!! who knows. . . . and if we maintain air superiority (can't see it not happening) NK will get pounded.

Heard an interesting tidbit on This Week news program. Rummy had a map of the Korean peninsula taken at night on one of his tables in his office for decoration. The SK part was lit up like a christmas tree and the North was pitch black !! NK couldn't afford to have many lights on.. limited electricity !! Those people are hurting (and have been for decades) ! I think Kim realizes he's got to get sanctions lifted or eventually he's cooked (even if its 5-10 years away). He also has to appear tough.. so this is his game. Course he's crazy enough to "push it" too !!

IF they do, I think we'll hit them VERY hard ... no nukes unless they go first... but expect the army, industrial complexes, and power plants (all 3 wink ) to be pounded !! I would not put it past them hitting his residence (several) and office buildings.
Posted by: lanovami

Re: North Korea Again - 04/07/13 04:23 PM

My primary concern is missile launches towards US bases in SK and Japan - specifically ones with nuclear warheads on them. I assume a viable deterrent is in place, but have not heard much about it.

Re: North Korea Again - 04/07/13 04:29 PM

Does Japan even have an army or navy... eek I know they were forbidden after WWII but lord that was >70 years ago !! Criminy !! Germany does and they started 2 W Wars !!

Yep but not a very big one.... JSDF

Re: North Korea Again - 04/07/13 05:47 PM

Japan had nothing for several years, but eventually the US decided it wanted help from Japan as a counterbalance to China, NK, etc. and now they have a very modern Self Defense Force, which is only supposed to be for Defense. However, the last time I looked at Japan's defense budget, it was in the top 10.

Re: North Korea Again - 04/07/13 05:48 PM

Yep, it's number six apparently

military budgets by country

Re: North Korea Again - 04/07/13 05:50 PM

"The SK part was lit up like a christmas tree and the North was pitch black !! "

I have seen that picture. Only Pyongyang, in the west is a little blob of light in the North.

Re: North Korea Again - 04/07/13 05:52 PM

Here it is, with Japan also included.

from space

Re: North Korea Again - 04/07/13 07:23 PM

WOW thanks... even some islands in the sea of Japan are lit up!! What does that say about NK ?? On the brink.. in more than one way?!! eek

Re: North Korea Again - 04/08/13 03:39 AM

What about Guam thisalso could be a potential target by N.K.

Re: North Korea Again - 04/08/13 04:17 AM

Guam is further away than Japan and has a lot less people. I doubt it's a prime target for NK.

Re: North Korea Again - 04/08/13 06:15 PM

Here's a better and more recent satellite image . The previous was 1994-5 this one is 2011... lighting better but still very sparse.

Re: North Korea Again - 04/08/13 07:53 PM

Originally Posted By: lanovami
Japan had nothing for several years, but eventually the US decided it wanted help from Japan as a counterbalance to China, NK, etc. and now they have a very modern Self Defense Force, which is only supposed to be for Defense. However, the last time I looked at Japan's defense budget, it was in the top 10.

I may be wrong but Japan always had a Defense Force that was strictly limited by McArther doctrines which was enforced by Japanese parliament. So they always had a small navy a small air force and a small army.

When China, NK and Vietnam got stupid - Japan was allowed to build past the limitations of the McArther doctrines. They really now have a Defense Force that really can defend <-- and thats the key word (defense) by Japans own political structure , Japan cannot allow its military to build up to be an (aggressor) -> mind you that it takes far far less resources to defend a country than it would take to invade one.

However theres is that one (carrot) = Iraq.

Which the US invaded a country that had 1.2 million man army - with only 200,000 troops = Hi-Tech all the way + training.

Bottom line;
Unless NK feels that they have the heads up on Hi-Tech - NK is just gonna be just like another Iraq a complete walk over ?
Posted by: Jim_

Re: North Korea Again - 04/08/13 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By: carp
Unless NK feels that they have the heads up on Hi-Tech - NK is just gonna be just like another Iraq a complete walk over ?
We were there 10 years, a walk over?

Re: North Korea Again - 04/09/13 12:17 AM

NK people are very brainwashed against the US, SK and Japan in that order. It would not be easy. The army would put up a real fight and the hearts and minds of the people would take time.

Re: North Korea Again - 04/09/13 12:24 AM

From wiki about Japan SDF.

The trauma of the lost war had produced strong pacifist sentiments among the nation, that found expression in the United States-written 1947 constitution, which, under Article 9, forever renounces war as an instrument for settling international disputes and declares that Japan will never again maintain "land, sea, or air forces or other war potential".[citation needed] Later cabinets interpreted these provisions as not denying the nation the inherent right to self-defense and, with the encouragement of the United States, developed the forces step by step.

As I said, at first and for a number of years Japan was completely demitiliarized.

Re: North Korea Again - 04/09/13 03:39 AM

Brainwashed they are more like robots not like humans. A poor country who gives a s--t less about it's people and more about their military.

Re: North Korea Again - 04/09/13 05:04 PM

I think we were there only 3. 1950-1953.
And then we were coming off WWII. We had the upper hand with NK until the Chinese jumped in and we decided to call it a stalemate. When you're outnumbered 20 to one and the country is sick of war - it's difficult to fight one, esp. half a world away. We were still trying to rebuild Germany and Japan... we had our hands full (same as now). But the big difference is technology. NK can't come close to us with technology... have better jets, tanks, ships, missiles (that don't crash into the sea!)... NOT saying it would be a cakewalk, but they'd lose.... unless China chimes in.

NOW That's the tricky part now. WE (USA) should tell China make NK stop this craziness. China can cut off their oil if they don't behave. IF China doesn't and NK does something stupid (nuke or worse), then tell China too late - we're taking them down. Maybe China is putting them up to it to test us !! eek

However if NK attacks, we don't have many options but to respond ! Don't like it, but if we don't we'll lose more than SK.

Re: North Korea Again - 04/09/13 05:05 PM

Originally Posted By: lanovami
NK people are very brainwashed against the US, SK and Japan in that order. It would not be easy. The army would put up a real fight and the hearts and minds of the people would take time.

You mean NK has Fox News too ?!! crazy

wink

Re: North Korea Again - 04/09/13 07:51 PM

Jim, what David said laugh

David,
The US has been telling China for weeks to get a hold of their (Puppet) and tell them to stand down and be calm. Did China do that ? ? I don't know.

NK throws out threats just about every year . Remember when NK sank that SK ship ? When that SK island was shelled by NK artillery. NK has been pretty consistent with threats.

IMO;
What has changed from the 50's - is China itself - today is extremely prosperous (West Money) , modern , Chinas people are globe trotting and investing in the West as well. NK is just an old wounded puppet that keeps bleeding and China keeps sending support.

Now that China is (extremely) reliant on the west commerce - for them to pull on NK side with force -> you betcha that the West will embargo all of China = this means back to stone age and I don't think China can go backwards because her people now taste capitalism and will not put up with the old communist Mantra. <- I know I have pants loads of Chinese (young) nationals in the building , driving Mercs/BMWs , conducting business and flying back and forth to China constantly.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: North Korea Again - 04/09/13 09:31 PM

I was talking in Iraq, carp said Iraq was a walk over. It was 10 years.

Re: North Korea Again - 04/09/13 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Jim_

Okay I was wrong- well maybe the fact that Korea was 50 years ago - and - Iraq was maybe 10 years ago.

The point I am making is that NK - like Iraq. <- with their Million Man Armies.
Are and was well behind the tech Power Curve.

Re: North Korea Again - 04/10/13 03:45 AM

I think N.K. is just playing mind games with the U.S. and Japan. When it really comes down to it they are pure bulls--t.This idiot of a leader don't know his ass from his elbow about any type of military strategy.What does a 30 year old know zero!
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: North Korea Again - 04/10/13 04:13 AM

Doesn't matter what he thinks he knows... don't you remember being 30? You pretty much know it all at that age.

Re: North Korea Again - 04/10/13 06:20 AM

Okay I was wrong- well maybe the fact that Korea was 50 years ago - and - Iraq was maybe 10 years ago.

The point I am making is that NK - like Iraq. <- with their Million Man Armies.
Are and was well behind the tech Power Curve.

@ Jim: Whaddaya mean "was," kemosabe?

@ carp: Whaddaya mean "was," kemosabe?

Re: North Korea Again - 04/10/13 09:55 AM

oops sorry I thought you were talking about Korea.

to pull a "Rosanna Danna" ; NEVER mind ! wink

However to add to insult- we should have gotten out in 6 !! ugh !! Actually shouldn't have gone in the first place, BUT we were going to be greeted as "liberators" !! so WTF ?!!

Re: North Korea Again - 04/10/13 06:57 PM

I re-read now I know what you mean.

What I mean by walk over is Saddams million man army which I mentioned. The insurgency is what kept the US there for so long in which case they had no planning for.

Re: North Korea Again - 04/10/13 07:20 PM

I re-read now I know what you mean.

What I mean by walk over is Saddams million man army which I mentioned. The insurgency is what kept the US there for so long in which case they had no planning for.

You mean the "Liberators" insurgency ? laugh

Re: North Korea Again - 04/10/13 08:15 PM

laugh

If I remember correctly the US did not think the insurgency would happen that fast - in fact they thought the US could stabilize the new government before tribal mentality sets in ?

IMO;
The insurgency started right after Saddam was captured.

Re: North Korea Again - 04/11/13 02:44 PM

I remember it starting very early like within 2-3 weeks (maybe 1 month) when the Iraqis hung those contractors from the bridge in Bagdad, I think it started before Saddam was captures (2-3 months later)... yep I was right... Invasion March 20th, Saddam captured Dec 14th... > 8 months later. Insurgency started long before that.
But it is hard to remember exact timelines 10 years later.

Re: North Korea Again - 04/11/13 09:28 PM

Yeah, you could be right ?

We do know that the lotting started almost immediately which the US was not prepared for that - they thought the other crimes like the hanging you mentioned was related to gangs of thuds or revenge killings via Iraqi ex-military. Anything but insurgents.

Re: North Korea Again - 04/12/13 03:16 AM

Do you think this leader of N.K. is an revolutionary or just a mixed up young leader who is testing the U.S.?
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: North Korea Again - 04/12/13 03:52 AM

And what is the difference? That's vague.. he could both or parts of both.
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: North Korea Again - 04/12/13 04:09 PM

I find it rather humorous that the media keeps showing B&W footage of SA-2s (Viet Nam era Surface to Air missiles) as proof that the North Koreans have ICBMs. crazy

Re: North Korea Again - 04/12/13 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By: musicalmarv7
Do you think this leader of N.K. is an revolutionary or just a mixed up young leader who is testing the U.S.?

I agree;

It is a hand me down leadership -