F is it...

Posted by: steveg

F is it... - 03/20/13 09:34 AM

With Arizona? crazy mad
Posted by: Leslie

Re: F is it... - 03/20/13 11:21 AM

It never ends.
Guess everything is fine in AZ and there are no other big issues to be dealt with in that state.

Posted by: DLC

Re: F is it... - 03/20/13 02:53 PM

This is what happens when you let the GOP rule !

Yeah them stuffy old white men get uncomfortable when taking a poop ! laugh

Wonder what they'd do if a Scotsman came in dressed in a skirt ?? crazy

Re: F is it... - 03/20/13 03:08 PM

A popular Scottish joke, explaining the name of the garment, says that it is called kilt because a lot of people got kilt (killed) when they called it a skirt.

Be careful!
Posted by: DLC

Re: F is it... - 03/20/13 03:41 PM

I hear ya !! I'm part Scottish, the Cox ancestors might be a hauntin me tonight !! wink

"Aye , Laddie- you fooked up a-callin' 'em a skirt!" mad
Posted by: carp

Re: F is it... - 03/20/13 06:46 PM

John Kavanagh (R)

I guess the (R) stands for retard laugh
Posted by: Jim_

Re: F is it... - 03/20/13 06:51 PM

http://www.r-word.org/
Posted by: carp

Re: F is it... - 03/20/13 07:07 PM

I think you missed my point - I see yours.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: F is it... - 03/20/13 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By: carp
I think you missed my point - I see yours.
I see your point, but it was rude and insensitive.

Find another word. Get it now? <------

Re: F is it... - 03/20/13 10:17 PM

'Whose house is of glass, must not throw stones at another.'

Re: F is it... - 03/21/13 02:43 AM

Thank you. Getting sick of that word.

Re: F is it... - 03/21/13 02:50 AM

Your point was not missed. Just dulled by insensitivity. We have a valued and very bright young forum member who I don't think has ever posted here, but may read the 'Box from time to time and would/should be pretty offended. Think about it.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: F is it... - 03/30/13 03:30 PM

I thought of this when I read this thread some time back... and just now ran across it again. Several high schools have done similar movies.

Posted by: lanovami

Re: F is it... - 03/30/13 04:59 PM

Words get taken and used this way. Idiot used to mean autistic. I wouldn't be surprised if there is already a word that is coming to the fore to replace the word retard or retarded as it has become a word too many people use to describe someone who is not actually retarded.

Not that I'm making a value judgement either way of course.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: F is it... - 03/31/13 04:52 AM

Originally Posted By: lanovami
Words get taken and used this way. Idiot used to mean autistic. I wouldn't be surprised if there is already a word that is coming to the fore to replace the word retard or retarded as it has become a word too many people use to describe someone who is not actually retarded.

Not that I'm making a value judgement either way of course.

Yes..

Mentally Retarded-when describing someone with a very low IQ.
Developmentally Disabled-which includes the low ID (below 70) and autism and CP.
Mentally Challenged- catch all for most conditions and considered to be appropriate for most conditions.
Posted by: Celandine

Re: F is it... - 03/31/13 04:13 PM

Addressing O.P. 1st comment:
"Who's going to check the ID's? Must we carry our birth certificates, pee papers as it were? I'm nearly 70 years old and have used public restrooms all my life. Have yet to see another woman's genitalia in a public bathroom. If it walks like a duck and acts like a duck, I assume it's a duck. And what man dressed as a woman is going to stand at a urinal and hike his skirt up. He will go to the women's bathroom and do his/her business in a stall. I'm sure not about to stand on tiptoe or atop the commode to make sure the woman in the stall next to mine has the right equipment. If it's a woman in male clothing, I would think she would use a men's room with a stall. It's all so confusing. If a man goes into a stall, are the other men going to make him "present his credentials?" Does anyone else think this is ridiculous? Is there no end to legislature's interest in folk's genitals? So what? Who cares? Just hand me some toilet paper under if the roll is empty on my side. And wipe the commode seat if you pee on it so I won't sit down in your pee and PLEASE wash your hands!"

+1
(I agree)