New Pope!

Posted by: steveg

New Pope! - 03/13/13 01:07 PM

Lotsa firsts. cool
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: New Pope! - 03/13/13 01:44 PM

Besides endorsing the world of golf, this choice also demonstrates that the Catholic Church will go half way around the world to choose an Italian. wink
Posted by: carp

Re: New Pope! - 03/13/13 06:42 PM

At lease he looks much younger and healthier .

10 Better Choices For Pope
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: New Pope! - 03/14/13 03:34 AM

The new Pope looks kind and caring.He is for the poor people and his back round proved it.he is a straight shooter and I think he will be a great leader which the Church needs badly now with all the problems they are confronted with.

Re: New Pope! - 03/14/13 03:51 AM

And he believes that same sex marriage and gay parents discriminate against children. Very kind. Very caring. Very 15th century. More like a gay shooter. Good eye, Marv. smirk

Re: New Pope! - 03/14/13 08:06 PM

Well at the very lease it is a step forward ? ? maybe the next pope after this one will be even younger and less frail ?

We can only hope that the church would allow the priest and nuns to finally marry - I mean all the other denominations allow it for centuries . Why not ? this would curb the millions of dollars paid out by the church for their (gay) activity with young boys laugh I believe so.

Re: New Pope! - 03/14/13 08:11 PM

There's no way that the Catholic church would allow marriage of priests or of nuns, or the ordination of women, or gay sex, or approve of contraceptives of any kind or abortion. To accept all those things would mean a profound reworking of the theology--and that is just very very unlikely to happen.

Re: New Pope! - 03/14/13 08:33 PM

I agree , never will happen.

But this theology , is just that the Bible itself does not condemn those actions. Per say.

It really is just the Catholic interpretation .

Re: New Pope! - 03/15/13 03:39 AM

I agree with him the new pope. Their should be one man and one woman to marry. Not what is going on today. i believe in DOMA.

Re: New Pope! - 03/15/13 04:04 AM

Good luck with that POV. And send us a postcard from the Dark Ages.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: New Pope! - 03/15/13 04:53 AM

Originally Posted By: musicalmarv7
I agree with him the new pope. Their should be one man and one woman to marry. Not what is going on today. i believe in DOMA.

You can't accept the idea of same-sex love... and yet you condone war atrocities.. go figure.
All warm and fuzzy....eh?

Re: New Pope! - 03/15/13 05:08 AM

So is mold. sick
Posted by: Leslie

Re: New Pope! - 03/15/13 10:39 AM

Quote:
And send us a postcard from the Dark Ages.

Re: New Pope! - 03/16/13 02:41 AM

Why are you such a wise ass Steve?

Re: New Pope! - 03/16/13 03:48 AM

Why are you so intolerant, Marv?

Re: New Pope! - 03/16/13 05:14 AM

I yam what I yam. smile

Re: New Pope! - 03/16/13 05:22 AM

Hey! I happen to like yams. :p

Re: New Pope! - 03/16/13 08:04 AM

Howsabout sweet taters?

Re: New Pope! - 03/16/13 10:05 AM

Gawd, I love it when you talk dirty to me. blush
Posted by: DLC

Re: New Pope! - 03/16/13 09:17 PM

Originally Posted By: steveg
Good luck with that POV. And send us a postcard from the Dark Ages.

Now Steve, be logical - he can't do that - Printing press hadn't been invented yet !! wink
Gutenburg and Guten tag !!

Re: New Pope! - 03/17/13 03:35 AM

I respect each opinion that is posted on this site Steve.I never did like relationships between 2 men or 2 women in my life.Thankfully my 3 sons are straight and married with children.

Re: New Pope! - 03/17/13 03:52 AM

Well guess what, Marv. I don't respect yours. Never did care for intolerance and closed-mindedness. And BTW, if one of your sons came out to you, what would you do? Slit your wrists? Disown him? Tear up his baby pictures? Ever try "Thankfully my three sons are healthy and happy"?

While you're certainly entitled to your own opinions and preferences, you're not entitled to their acceptance by others who disagree. Deal with it.

Re: New Pope! - 03/18/13 03:38 AM

Steve what ever makes you happy in life.

Re: New Pope! - 03/18/13 04:12 AM

I take my happiness without bitterness. Try it sometime.

Re: New Pope! - 03/19/13 03:46 AM

Life is full of ups and downs.This is part of being a human being.Regarding gays to each his own.

Re: New Pope! - 03/19/13 04:24 AM

That's right, Marv. To each his/her own. But the problem with too many homophobes is that you want everyone else to share your POV. Ain't gonna happen.

Can't wait to ignore tomorrow's drive-by denial. smirk
Posted by: lanovami

Re: New Pope! - 03/19/13 05:26 AM

"this choice also demonstrates that the Catholic Church will go half way around the world to choose an Italian."

Ha! No doubt.

And yes, if one truly believes to each his/her own, then I don't know why so many are so interested in controlling people's sex/love lives.

Re: New Pope! - 03/19/13 08:59 AM

Regarding urinating on dead Vietnamese soldiers.. to each his own. laugh

Re: New Pope! - 03/19/13 09:07 AM

... As long as you're not peeing into the wind! eek
Posted by: Leslie

Re: New Pope! - 03/19/13 09:22 AM

Quote:
Thankfully my 3 sons are straight and married with children.

Instead of thankfully, I would say luckily, for your sons.
As stated, you would never like their relationship.
How sad.

Re: New Pope! - 03/19/13 09:44 AM

One of my former creative partners from NYC and his SO asked me for a character reference when they were adopting a child ten years ago. Now they have two terrific kids: a boy and a girl. And I know that the grandparents say, "Thankfully my sons are married with children." smile

Re: New Pope! - 03/19/13 09:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Leslie
Quote:
Thankfully my 3 sons are straight and married with children.

Instead of thankfully, I would say luckily, for your sons.
As stated, you would never like their relationship.
How sad.

What this means in plain English is that one of them is a closet homosexual who has never come out. smirk

Re: New Pope! - 03/19/13 10:04 AM

Hey, my closet is full of... Oh wait. Those are walkers. Nebbermind. confused grin