Shameful.

Posted by: steveg

Shameful. - 03/04/13 08:53 AM

No wonder the right wing is so in love w/Israel. mad

Why not a Hassidim-only bus route in Williamsburg (Brooklyn, NY)? I stopped accepting Israelis as landsmen decades ago. One more confirmation for that decision.
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Shameful. - 03/04/13 05:13 PM

And they cannot understand why the Palestinians dislike, to the extreme, the Israelis.
Posted by: carp

Re: Shameful. - 03/04/13 05:56 PM

Well they did have some bus station bombings and bus attacks over the years <-- but I really don't see how segregation would solve any of that ?

In fact , IMO , it would give the terrorist greater opportunities because if segregated they don't have to run the risk of killing Palestinians as collateral damage.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Shameful. - 03/04/13 06:15 PM

Is this another example of the racial entitlement Scalia was talking about recently ?? whistle

Wonder if the Palestinians have a "Rosa Parks" ?? confused
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Shameful. - 03/04/13 07:00 PM

Like I said over on FB, Steve--it's inevitable that an occupier will develop these kinds of attitudes. I heard on on of the MSNBC shows about the new film in which the last 5 or 6 heads of Israeli intelligence express their idea that occupation is destroying Israel. Yep.
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Shameful. - 03/05/13 02:39 AM

The problem with Israel is that they are to dam aggressive and depend on us financially to back them up constantly.They hardly listen to us anyway especially Benjamin N.

Re: Shameful. - 03/05/13 08:35 AM

Well, it takes two to tangle, Marv. If I were an Israeli, I'd want to make damn sure that nothing ever again happened like the surprise attacks that, alas for the Arabs, led to the occupation. But the technique du jour is, IMHO, just dead wrong. It produces more resentment, more violence, and so more impetus to repression--and that then leads to a country that has so very little in common with the Israel of the 1960s. In short, the Arabs are not off the hook in all this.
Posted by: carp

Re: Shameful. - 03/05/13 06:36 PM

In short, the Arabs are not off the hook in all this.

Yep big time , if I were to give fault percentage wise , I would say.

70% Arab fault.
30% Israeli .

Keep in mind they been killing each other for hundreds of years - and after WWII , Israel been attacked 3 times by Arab neighbors <- most of the occupation came from is called (spoils of war) Goland Heights for example is one of those that Israel claims that it needs for a (buffer safe zone) after all thats where Syria launched its attack on Israel
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Shameful. - 03/06/13 03:48 AM

Let us be realistic there will never be peace in the Middle East with Israel and Palestine.They both want and not to give.

Re: Shameful. - 03/06/13 06:16 AM

That may be so, Marv--but if it is, it's because both sides resist the move to peace.