Boehner would lose speakership...

Posted by: NucleusG4

Boehner would lose speakership... - 02/26/13 08:22 AM

http://www.businessinsider.com/sequester-sequestration-boehner-ron-johnson-speaker--2013-2

Speaker Boehner, now is the time to start crying
Posted by: steveg

Re: Boehner would lose speakership... - 02/26/13 09:19 AM

Given the total assclown he proved himself to be during Hillary's testimony a few weeks ago, I wouldn't take Johnson's word for it if he told me I'm short.

On the other hand, I sincerely doubt that my neighbor, Johnnie Boneher, would ever place We The Peeps in front of his own interests (or tanning booth appointment).

Ugh... sick
Posted by: garyW

Re: Boehner would lose speakership... - 02/26/13 09:42 AM

Assclown is an understatement. Today he gets in front of the cameras and declares that he's passed two bills to solve the sequester (not really, just protected the rich and defunded Obamacare) and that the "Senate needs to get off its @ss!".

Nancy Pelosi had to remind him today that the two bogus bills were in the last congressional session and are totally irrelevant in this 113th Congress. The House is required to first send a bill to the Senate, yet Boner had the House on a 10-day recess. All Boner has left is posturing and lies and a very lame attempt to blame his ("I got 98% of what I wanted!") Sequester on Obama.

Re: Boehner would lose speakership... - 02/26/13 10:03 AM

Just betwixt thee and me, I'm worried. I don't see the right getting smart or honest before Friday — if ever. And I don't see Obama getting stupid or weak in that time frame either. 'Nuther words, we're already drifting down Sh¡t's Creek toward another possible recession, and I just saw the paddle float by. eek

Re: Boehner would lose speakership... - 02/26/13 10:14 AM

The rightwing media is championing the Sequestor's cuts to Federal decretionary spending on social & entitlement programs as "good for America", but of course blaming Obama for the harm to America by cuts to Federal decretionary spending on social & entitlement programs.

It seems to be a win-win for republicans. So it goes.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Boehner would lose speakership... - 02/26/13 04:02 PM

Quote:
It seems to be a win-win for republicans. So it goes.

NOT really.
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR (Graph on right)

I think when people look at the facts and realize Congress passed the sequester (Boehner said he got 98% of his wishes) AND Boehner dismissed Congress 10 days before it hit... they'll lay appropriate blame... BTW did BO leave town leading up to this mess Friday ? No !

I think BO is giving them ALL the rope they need....
to hang themselves just like 1994 !!

[Even Newt has wised up, but they won't listen to that Liberal !!] laugh

Re: Boehner would lose speakership... - 02/26/13 04:49 PM

It is only February 2013.
The election is November 2014.

The sequestor fallout and every other manufactured crisis between now and then will be hammered out in the last 2 months before the election by the media's collective stupidity to label all this as Obama's failure. By then the economy may once again falter and fall by the "leadership" of the GOP/teaparty. People won't remember who caused the sequestor cuts …you can count on it. Media's memory doesn't even remember what happened a month ago, all they want is to draw ratings by pouring fuel of the fire on the latest GOP-made crisis.

Re: Boehner would lose speakership... - 02/26/13 08:06 PM

Originally Posted By: garyW
It is only February 2013.
The election is November 2014.

The sequestor fallout and every other manufactured crisis between now and then will be ham grin javascript:%20void(0)mered out in the last 2 months before the election by the media's collective stupidity to label all this as Obama's failure. By then the economy may once again falter and fall by the "leadership" of the GOP/teaparty. People won't remember who caused the sequestor cuts …you can count on it. Media's memory doesn't even remember what happened a month ago, all they want is to draw ratings by pouring fuel of the fire on the latest GOP-made crisis.

1. Then it's up to the Dems to remind them.. the same way we're seeing Boehner's talk from 2011 - "I got 98% of what I wanted !!" Really? - you caved and gave BO his austere sequester ! sick

2. There will be new crises, right up to the election. This won't be the last.

3. Never underestimate these GOTP "leaders" to develop new cluster-Fs for themselves !! grin

4. WTF are they going to run for all those seats- more Bachmans, Angles, and Whitmans ? I double-dog dare them ! whistle

Re: Boehner would lose speakership... - 02/26/13 10:14 PM

sequester is how I should have spelled this previously. My apologies.

Sequestor™ is the name of the ultra-villian superhero alter ego of the Speaker of the House … who looks just like John Boehner except for the pointy goatee.

Re: Boehner would lose speakership... - 02/27/13 03:35 AM

No no no, you idiot! That's Sequestor® — a cholesterol reducing drug and ear wax thinner.

Boneher is [/i]Squeezitor[/i], who is kept on a short leash by his ever-watchful sidekick, Sphinctor (aka Eric Cantor).

Git wid-a program, ya bum! grin

Re: Boehner would lose speakership... - 02/27/13 03:41 AM

The problem, though, Dave, is how much damage might be done before the hoped-for enlightenment of The People gets any real traction. Not just how much damage, but how much will be reversible and how much might be permanent (or at best very long term). Calling out the right, pointing at wall-to-wall charts, graphs, and polls, and all the stump speeches in the world, at this point, is like pissing into a hurricane. We could be facacked and who's at fault is irrelevant by comparison.

Re: Boehner would lose speakership... - 02/27/13 06:32 AM

Most recent GOP clusterF ...
Not inviting Christie to CPAK.
Media is jumping all over this.
His approval 74%, theirs near 20%.
AND he's in a BLUE state.
Conservative right down the line! Fiscally, Pro-life, etc.
They snub him because of Sandy and cooperating with BO!
Big Tent my azz!! grin