Rogue cop in LA

Posted by: yoyo52

Rogue cop in LA - 02/07/13 03:26 PM

What a nightmare!
Posted by: carp

Re: Rogue cop in LA - 02/07/13 07:08 PM

Yep,

And I betcha the cops are just gonna gun him down when found, he all ready shot 3 cops
Posted by: Llewelyn

Re: Rogue cop in LA - 02/08/13 02:48 AM

Pretty good bet, the cops have already shot at 3 civilians that I know of. This will not end well.
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Rogue cop in LA - 02/08/13 03:09 AM

In plain words what the hell is happening in the United States today? It is becoming worse and worse.
Posted by: MrB

Re: Rogue cop in LA - 02/08/13 11:49 AM

Remember, this stuff is hot news now a days. The media is eating ths shiit up. I bet they have interns scouring the wires for violence, guns in particular. Of course sometimes thy don't have to look far as one picks up the story, adjusts it to fit then another picks tat story and dows the same.

In one version it was reported that cops shot up a delivery van cause it looked lie what was reported to be the crazy guys vehical. Where's the follw up with that?

Dave
Posted by: steveg

Re: Rogue cop in LA - 02/08/13 11:51 AM

Wow, someone took an extra cynicism pill today! eek

Re: Rogue cop in LA - 02/08/13 12:09 PM

Follow up from the newspaper delivery vehicle

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/...awyer-says?lite

Not exactly sure what prompted the police to shoot pickup but they are going to be in some trouble over this. Just making a bad thing worse.

Dave
Posted by: Leslie

Re: Rogue cop in LA - 02/08/13 12:10 PM

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/ex-cop-manhunt-newspaper-delivery-women-shot.html

Re: Rogue cop in LA - 02/08/13 12:16 PM

Oh, sorry. It just seems like that is what the meda does. Takes one report then reprints it with minor changes, then that gets reprinted. With out getting reporters out checking facts themselves.

As or cynical. Yes, I am. Especially when it comes to our media.i hear or read a story and I want to know what really happened. I treat news links and reports like infomercials. In a way they are in that they gain readers or viewers.

You can bet CNN is banking this in with Andersin cooper receiving that package from the perp. I can see Cooper, strutting round the station. grin

Dave
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Rogue cop in LA - 02/08/13 12:22 PM

Originally Posted By: MrB
Remember, this stuff is hot news now a days. The media is eating ths shiit up. I bet they have interns scouring the wires for violence, guns in particular. Of course sometimes thy don't have to look far as one picks up the story, adjusts it to fit then another picks tat story and dows the same.

In one version it was reported that cops shot up a delivery van cause it looked lie what was reported to be the crazy guys vehical. Where's the follw up with that?

Dave

Yeah... before the Newtown incident a rogue cop in Cali shooting everyone and everything would never have made the news.....

rollseyes...

Or a sniper in Washington shooting out of a hole in his trunk....

Or the Atlanta shootings by a stock trader that took 9 lives...

Or any other crazed killers running around shooting innocents... nah... that never made the news.

Remember everyone... these aren't real f••kers killing people... it's just media hype.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Rogue cop in LA - 02/08/13 12:24 PM

The job of newspapers is complicated, isn't it. They're supposed to be conveying news, but of course in the process of doing that they're also defining, in part, what the news actually is. At the same time they're also supposed to make money for their owners/investors, and to do that requires some degree of sensationalizing stuff--I call it the Weather Channel Syndrome, since as far as the Weather Channel is concerned, every single storm is death-defying. I guess that the two things--purveying news and making money are sometimes at odds with each other, and for some news sources the balance falls in one direction or the other. But on the whole, and with obvious exceptions, newspapers are pretty honest brokers.

Having said that, let me add that no, I am not in the market for that bridge in New York City.

Re: Rogue cop in LA - 02/08/13 03:02 PM

That is true, they do need to make news for their owners. And, I guess, I've been looking at the 24 hour "news" channels as, primarily there to relate te news, but there is nothing that saying that they have to do that. They are just like any other channel on TV. There to impart entertainment but use the news as their gimmick . Like the History channel or the food channel

As I understand it the three main networks have in their charter with the FTC to provide thirty minutes of news in the evening and allow thirty more minutes for local news. These are the only times that must be relegated to unbiased news.

The 24 hour dudes can fill their time with any show they want I suppose. That's why we get, Chris Mathews, o,Reily, Hannity, Rachel Madeuws , Piers Morgan, Anderson Cooper. Their job for their networks are to have something too keep their viewers coming back. Most of the time they do that well as they know their viewers .

I really need to tune to the regular networks for my news for TV, that is. Most where I get my news is on the web.

Dave

Re: Rogue cop in LA - 02/08/13 03:08 PM

You're right, those will get the bradcast top stories, on the news channels . Lots of interest . The viewers will be most interested in blood. Sex stories and scandals also.

Dave
Posted by: carp

Re: Rogue cop in LA - 02/08/13 08:18 PM

My thoughts;

News shows like Fox, CNN, MSNBC only have a very limited time to present the news. So they are only going to go with the biggest story - simply there are shooting everyday in the US - only the one who shot the most will be on TV.

Problem with TV news and Print as well;
Is Confirmation of events. CNN for one came out and said on some occasions that it self could NOT confirm a certain news event to their satisfaction and will not air that event. Even if there are other stations airing the same event before CNN.

YoYo;
Print news <- well when you buy it - it is already old news. Now I don't know about your neck of the woods but here , you get a paper once a day that is yesterday news, you then wait for the next print out tomorrow for todays news laugh Print news is well great for people who don't have a computer to keep up with live news or like me the news paper is now only good for the shopping coupons laugh