So how's that strategy working for ya?

Posted by: six_of_one

So how's that strategy working for ya? - 02/01/13 12:17 PM

Remember when Susan Rice was being pilloried by Congressional Republicans before she was even nominated for Secretary of State? There was much speculation by the punditariat that the reason for the GOP's rabid attacks on Ms. Rice was that they really, really wanted John Kerry to get that post, thereby freeing-up his Senate seat for their boy Scott Brown to win in the special election ...

Well, oopsie! ...

It probably was expecting a bit much of someone to run three Senate campaigns in four years (or four campaigns in five, if he wanted to actually have the seat full-time) ...

Ah, the best-laid plans ...
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: So how's that strategy working for ya? - 02/01/13 12:31 PM

smile
Posted by: carp

Re: So how's that strategy working for ya? - 02/01/13 12:49 PM

he would have faced another reelection campaign in 2014 — his fourth Senate campaign in five years.

Me thinks he just ran out of money - I mean big money will only go so far ? ?
Posted by: garyW

Re: So how's that strategy working for ya? - 02/01/13 12:52 PM

Mass. Republicans could always run Mitt Romney ….. laugh he's already fired his latino gardeners (by golly, he's running a campaign here!), he's got a logo …. unfortunately his name recognition is still pretty low.
Posted by: steveg

Re: So how's that strategy working for ya? - 02/01/13 12:54 PM

The Boston Globe was wall-to-wall editorial today on how the GOP has been pressuring him to run. I think he's burn-out averse because he's be having to run again in a short time, and I'm not so sure the money is there for him in the long run.

Markey looks like the presumptive dood, but who knows what will happen in a few months.
Posted by: Leslie

Re: So how's that strategy working for ya? - 02/01/13 01:01 PM

Quote:
but who knows what will happen in a few months.

Indeed.
It is the "excited states of amerrrica" after all.
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: So how's that strategy working for ya? - 02/01/13 01:04 PM

I can't see why anyone would want to be a Senator right now!

Re: So how's that strategy working for ya? - 02/01/13 01:17 PM

And let's not forget that complacent Democrats were the reason Scott Brown got a Senate seat in the first place -- without an obvious Republican contender this time around, the Democrats face a similar risk if they're not careful ...

Re: So how's that strategy working for ya? - 02/01/13 01:25 PM

I don't think complacency was as much the problem as that Coakley ran a completely suck-ass campaign.

Re: So how's that strategy working for ya? - 02/01/13 02:05 PM

It was my impression that the suck-assedness was pretty much a result of the Dems' complacency in thinking they had that seat sewn-up and didn't have to put forth much effort to field a credible candidate backed by a competent campaign. At least, I don't recall them treating that election very seriously until it was too late ...

Re: So how's that strategy working for ya? - 02/01/13 02:18 PM

Again, more of those shortcomings were more on the part of the candidate than the party. I suppose you could say she was complacent. I say arrogant, falsely confident, and lazy. Hmmm... that sort of describes Romney, too. Dang good fuh nuttin' New Englandahs. grin
Posted by: carp

Re: So how's that strategy working for ya? - 02/01/13 02:46 PM

Whats that Country Song ?

God is Great - Beer is good - people are crazy laugh
Posted by: DLC

Re: So how's that strategy working for ya? - 02/01/13 03:11 PM

To quote Doc Brown... "GREAT, SCOTT !!" laugh

That's good news ! grin

Re: So how's that strategy working for ya? - 02/01/13 04:12 PM

To quote Scott Brown: Bqhatevwr!

Re: So how's that strategy working for ya? - 02/01/13 04:25 PM

What was stupid was... even IF Kerry hadn't been SoS... he'd been head of DOD... so what difference would it have made ? crazy

Course we already know the GOP "leaders" are bat sh_t crazy !! About as logical as Christine O'Donnell !

Re: So how's that strategy working for ya? - 02/02/13 03:47 AM

He's gonna run for MA Gov. Will that cause me to re-think moving home if he's elected? Lemme see. Kasich... Brown... Kasich... Brown... Nope.

Re: So how's that strategy working for ya? - 02/04/13 01:08 PM

Originally Posted By: garyW
Mass. Republicans could always run Mitt Romney ….. laugh he's already fired his latino gardeners (by golly, he's running a campaign here!), he's got a logo …. unfortunately his name recognition is still pretty low.

Okay, I was joking.

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_politics/2013/02/brown_out_gop_mulls_romney_energy

The reality is that there are those that would like to see Anne Romney, even Tagg Romney run if Mitt won't do it.

laugh

Re: So how's that strategy working for ya? - 02/04/13 01:15 PM

I sprayed coffee all over my keyboard this morning when I read that. Talk about a kid aspiring to be an even bigger asswipe than his daddy!

Re: So how's that strategy working for ya? - 02/04/13 01:51 PM

Even more batshˇt crazy! shocked

And that ain't the Onion or the Currant!
Posted by: Leslie

Re: So how's that strategy working for ya? - 02/04/13 02:12 PM

I hope he runs, f*cks up like daddy, loses and we here the last of Money family.

Re: So how's that strategy working for ya? - 02/04/13 05:53 PM

heard his rabid bat wings on the radio coming home... I hope he runs !! grin

What dementia !! Hey I love the GOP running these losers of the likes of Christine O'Donnell, etc... burns through a lot of their $$ and makes their donors poorer !! a WIN-WIN in my book !! laugh

Actually since the Dem is elected , it's a WIN-WIN-WIN ! bwahahaaaa ! smirk