Hagel confirmation hearings

Posted by: steveg

Hagel confirmation hearings - 01/31/13 09:47 AM

Been peeking into C-Span periodically, and I have one observation so far: It would take a hemi-powered chain saw to cut through that hair across McCaine's ass!

Re: Hagel confirmation hearings - 01/31/13 10:29 AM

And with Graham and Ayotte getting their pissy little cheap shots in, it's like watching the Three Stooges. smirk

Re: Hagel confirmation hearings - 01/31/13 11:50 AM

Ol' Grumpypants at work.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Hagel confirmation hearings - 01/31/13 04:17 PM

No John, you were F-ing dead wrong dumbazz !!! mad

Saw that - John is so out of reality... I think the post effects of the torture is finally getting to the senile old fart !

I'm disappointed Hagel didn't nail him, . . but I understand why. Better to "lose 1 battle and win the war".

Posted by: carp

Re: Hagel confirmation hearings - 01/31/13 05:32 PM

Well from what I read;

Hagel a (Republican) does have some issues that might be worth looking into?

However,
McCain wanted yes and no answers to very complexed human issues , that hearing was NOT a 20 second history pop quiz -> to me McCain was way way out of line.

As for the other republicans who grilled Hagel felt that he displayed his history of decisions was poor , they said that Hagel thinking was not (mainstream) <-- wtf is that ? ? is that another word for far right conservatism ?
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Hagel confirmation hearings - 02/01/13 03:10 AM

McCain is a bitter old man who will never ever forget losing over Obama in the election in 2008.He is an hypocrite also talking one way with Hagel and than changing completely again.
Posted by: garyW

Re: Hagel confirmation hearings - 02/01/13 09:22 AM

The Onion reports:

Israel Vows To Use Veto Power If Chuck Hagel Confirmed As U.S. Secretary Of Defense

JERUSALEM—Top-ranking government officials in Jerusalem confirmed Tuesday that Israel would exercise its longstanding, constitutionally granted veto power over American policy if U.S. lawmakers confirmed retired congressman Chuck Hagel as the United States’ next Secretary of Defense. “In light of Mr. Hagel’s worrying remarks on Israeli-Palestinian relations and questionable classification of Israeli interests as ‘the Jewish lobby,’ we consider him a highly inappropriate choice for Defense Secretary who stands far out of line with our national priorities, and therefore we are prepared to swiftly and resolutely use our official veto power over this U.S. action,” said Israeli government spokesperson Mark Regev of the legal maneuver that the small Middle Eastern nation has employed to block U.S. Cabinet nominees, U.S. legislation, U.S. international relations, and U.S. domestic policy over 1,400 times in its 64-year history. “Because congress does not possess the necessary nine-tenths majority to override an Israeli veto, they’ll have no choice but to head back to the drawing board and provide a Defense Secretary whom we find more suitable.” Sources confirmed that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had sent the White House a list of three individuals the Israeli leader considered appropriate to head the American military from which U.S. President Barack Obama could choose.

Re: Hagel confirmation hearings - 02/01/13 09:25 AM

Damn those Jebrews! mad

Re: Hagel confirmation hearings - 02/01/13 03:29 PM

Originally Posted By: steveg
Damn those Jebrews! mad

laugh you kidder you !!! laugh

Re: Hagel confirmation hearings - 02/02/13 03:48 AM

Scuzeme, but that's kiddelah. grin
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Hagel confirmation hearings - 02/03/13 02:06 AM

Where did you get these word from?

Re: Hagel confirmation hearings - 02/03/13 03:51 AM

Walmart. smirk
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Hagel confirmation hearings - 02/03/13 09:18 AM

Walmart. smirk

Gee--they sounded more expensive than that.

Re: Hagel confirmation hearings - 02/03/13 01:25 PM

Originally Posted By: yoyo52
Walmart. smirk

Gee--they sounded more expensive than that.

They were marked down " smile ". . . and he had coupons !! grin