Posted by: Leslie

shoe is on the other foot - 01/24/13 10:11 AM

http://crooksandliars.com/nicole-belle/catholic-hospital-argues-fetuses-aren
Posted by: steveg

Re: shoe is on the other foot - 01/24/13 11:59 AM

Hmmm. How 'bout that, eh? smirk
Posted by: lanovami

Re: shoe is on the other foot - 01/24/13 01:48 PM

So fetuses are people with souls, but no rights except the right to life, except in cases of negligence.. I'm sorry, father, could you run that by me again?
Posted by: carp

Re: shoe is on the other foot - 01/25/13 06:21 PM

Humm

I'm sorry, father, could you run that by me again?

Since its a Catholic hospital <- call it the (Will of God) sue him instead <- I would not.

This strucked me is kinda odd ?

less than an hour after she entered the emergency room, Lori Hodghill and the twins she was carrying died.

She was there for little less than an hour , so they could have and gone in and saved the twins <-- it's NOT abortion -> the twins would be 2 months premature thats savable ?

This poor man lost his entire family in one day - reminds me of that Indian guy in Scotland and yes another (Catholic hospital) where the fetus was having severer complications and died , the parents urged them to abort to save the mothers life and they stalled until she died as well.
Posted by: MrB

Re: shoe is on the other foot - 01/26/13 01:16 AM

Tragic, but from this link, I don't know much about what really occurred.

Of course, the purpose of the linked blog was to bring attention to the defense's reason for denying payment.

I think they could have used other reasons.

Dave
Posted by: carp

Re: shoe is on the other foot - 01/26/13 12:29 PM

Nothing to do with denying payment - rather with saving the twins lives, which they had time to do
Posted by: MrB

Re: shoe is on the other foot - 01/27/13 08:54 AM

My comment was about the lawyers defense strategy . As for the twins deaths, I don't know all the details. That's the reason for the law suit,I gather

Dave