It's official!

Posted by: MacBozo

It's official! - 01/23/13 05:43 PM

Buh-bye, Sam's Club!

cool smile
Posted by: carp

Re: It's official! - 01/23/13 05:58 PM

Hah what ?
I recently joined Sams for 40 bucks (only because their closer to me now) - they better not be going under the fridge laugh

Anyway , I do prefer COSTCO better. I dunno I cannot put my finger on why COSTCO is better ? They both carry the same shiit and look identical on the inside , well aside from the food court.
Posted by: DLC

Re: It's official! - 01/23/13 06:07 PM

We only have a Sam's nearby... so Costco is out... > 90 mi away !! eek

Re: It's official! - 01/23/13 06:12 PM

Costco appreciates their employees and customers. They limit their profit markup, pay their employees well, give them excellent benefits and health insurance, and their CEO isn't a greedy bastid! That's why we've dumped Sam's Club and are now supporting a much better business model.
Posted by: carp

Re: It's official! - 01/23/13 06:15 PM

Ya talking about Lowes I guess ?

Re: It's official! - 01/23/13 06:31 PM

Originally Posted By: carp
Ya talking about Lowes I guess ?

That too. Lowe's does treat (and pays) me well and it also has an excellent benefits package. I've been there almost 5 years and I still enjoy working there.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: It's official! - 01/23/13 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: MacBozo
Costco appreciates their employees and customers. They limit their profit markup, pay their employees well, give them excellent benefits and health insurance, and their CEO isn't a greedy bastid! That's why we've dumped Sam's Club and are now supporting a much better business model.
Okay, I wondered what the message was about. I thought Sam's was going out of business or something, that would be hard to believe.

I wasn't wearing my Carnac turban, sorry. grin
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: It's official! - 01/24/13 02:44 AM

At least they are more humane than Walmart to their employees.
Posted by: steveg

Re: It's official! - 01/24/13 03:53 AM

Yeah, the nearest Costco for me is in Cincinnati, which is a/b an hour's drive. Just not worth it. Sam's club is less than 5 miles away. I buy gas there all the time, but don't shop there very often.

I used to shop the Costco in Brooklyn when we lived there. Even did an overnight shoot in that location when American Express introduced a co-branded credit card for Costco members. As soon as they closed, my crew went to work with forklifts totally dismantling three aisles to create one for the shot. Then we had to put all back by 5AM!