Recording all phone calls....hmmm ?

Posted by: MrB

Recording all phone calls....hmmm ? - 01/23/13 02:38 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21125291

I read this and it gets me thinking (scary, I know). In the past there have been ties when I've recorded my phone conversation, but I'm not sure it's a great idea to ET anyone do this. I realize that, now, this article is referring to recording ones own phone but will it be used to record conversations of others?

Would that be alright anyway? Our text messages are already being recorded so why not our audio conversations.

Dave
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Recording all phone calls....hmmm ? - 01/23/13 06:51 AM

Once upon a time you needed a warrant to listen in on conversations, let alone record them. On Monday Jon Stewart had a bit about the silliness of saying that the 2nd Amendment protects our liberty when every other amendment is being violated. This is just evidence .
Posted by: MrB

Re: Recording all phone calls....hmmm ? - 01/23/13 08:43 AM

It's what I've been bitchin about for years to folks with deaf ears. We aren't gaining any freedom we are losing it, every time one of them crackers passes a new law. 97.6% of the it restricts our freedom.

Dave
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Recording all phone calls....hmmm ? - 01/23/13 10:02 AM

Originally Posted By: yoyo52
Once upon a time you needed a warrant to listen in on conversations, let alone record them. On Monday Jon Stewart had a bit about the silliness of saying that the 2nd Amendment protects our liberty when every other amendment is being violated. This is just evidence .

I think that was Bill Maher.
Posted by: carp

Re: Recording all phone calls....hmmm ? - 01/23/13 05:50 PM

Hummm,

Seems to be okay with (consent) even on your own cell phone.

However there was a legal case (John Doe -vs- government) that his cell phone was tapped without a warrant. The court came back (if I remember correctly) the court decided that cell phones Broadcast which then becomes public , if land line then its private and needs a warrant.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Recording all phone calls....hmmm ? - 01/23/13 07:11 PM

Originally Posted By: carp
Hummm,

Seems to be okay with (consent) even on your own cell phone.
Recording a conversation you are involved in is different in different locales. Here we are allowed to record them as long as we are involved, and don't need to advise the other parties. Some places require all parties be made aware.
Posted by: steveg

Re: Recording all phone calls....hmmm ? - 01/24/13 03:56 AM

GoToMeeting has a record function. So whether it's a voice or video conference, you can capture the entire meeting.