Another shooting

Posted by: yoyo52

Another shooting - 01/22/13 01:15 PM

At a college in Houston
Posted by: steveg

Re: Another shooting - 01/22/13 02:41 PM

Waiting for the Gun Truthers to tell us Obama organized all of these going back to Lincoln's assassination. sick
Posted by: carp

Re: Another shooting - 01/22/13 04:28 PM

Right Steve, yet just another hoax staged by team Obama laugh
Posted by: MrB

Re: Another shooting - 01/23/13 02:17 AM

Nah, it didnt happen. Didnt happen because it was in a gun free zone.

Dave
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Another shooting - 01/23/13 02:42 AM

It never ends.
Posted by: Leslie

Re: Another shooting - 01/23/13 07:29 AM

I thought you could carry guns in Texas.

Re: Another shooting - 01/23/13 06:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Leslie

You can but not in a gun free zone = school or courtroom and similar.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Another shooting - 01/23/13 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By: carp

You can but not in a gun free zone = school or courtroom and similar.

Yeah that's a shame.... if they could go into courtrooms maybe we could reduce some vermin...(lawyers) grin

JOKING !!!

Re: Another shooting - 01/23/13 07:15 PM

"Newly elected Congressman Steve Stockman (R-TX) has introduced a bill to simply prohibit any institution from being able to call them a "gun free zone." This, he argues, isn't only because the current law is an infringement of the Second Amendment of the Constitution, but because it is dangerous. Again, places where criminals know that there will not be guns are places they want to go to in order to commit crimes. It is common sense."

I guess I was thinking of this.

Re: Another shooting - 01/24/13 03:39 AM

It's shocking to see the lack of understanding of the 2A by these people. Makes you wonder how they got over the bar in the first place.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Another shooting - 01/24/13 08:44 AM

Yeah baby ! Lets pack heat to the Prayer meeting Sunday !! (no gun free zones !!) :-P

I like Chris Matthews' comments about mentally challenged people like him.
"At night, . . they go back to their caves !" grin

Re: Another shooting - 01/26/13 01:34 AM

Folks with ccp are used to carrying. Clipping on their carry is just another thing they do when getting dressed. No more so than a person putting tictacs or lip balm in their pocket, or in my teaching days , my putting my slide rule or calculator in my pocket

Dave

Re: Another shooting - 01/26/13 02:12 AM

Chris Matthews is a good commentator and takes no s--t from no one. I have been watching Hardball for over 5 years and his comments are right on.They do belong in their caves.

Re: Another shooting - 01/26/13 06:22 AM

So? confused Is anyone saying that have to go out half-dressed? If carrying with a 30-round extended clip sticking out of the butt of their Glock is routine, there's a real problem here, don't you think?

Re: Another shooting - 01/26/13 09:42 AM

That is a very scary statement.
To walk out your door everyday armed to the teeth to protect yourself kill is demented.

And please correct me if I'm wrong, but don't most of these people say it is to protect themselves from the government?
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: Another shooting - 01/26/13 10:25 AM

And please correct me if I'm wrong, but don't most of these people say it is to protect themselves from the government?

That might/could be considered over generalization.

Consider another statement:

And please correct me if I'm wrong, but don't most some of these people say it is to protect themselves from the government?

I would probably be inclined to make the second statement,

But -- I am not a mind reader. Absent a highly respected poll result, I'm inclined to think I would be guessing.

Respectfully,
Kate/Ethel

Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Another shooting - 01/26/13 11:11 AM

I'd add that anyone who says that he's armed to attack the government is, in the words of Article 3, section 3 of the Constitution, a traitor.

Re: Another shooting - 01/27/13 08:40 AM

My point is, that many folks who carry , doing so is as comfortable as that, and as safe, since the weapon would be secured

And, no one would carry with a 30 round magazine. In fact compact is prefered. Most would carry with the standard size(15-17) mag. Not because having an extended mag is more dangerous because f the number of rounds but because of the physical size would tend to be unwieldy .

When I taugh school, I regularly carried a folding knife in my pocket. Not for protection, as I was in school, and schools are actually quite safe , but because I found use for it most every day. I mention this to add that it was just as standard for me to grab it as it was to grab my wallet. One went in one pocket, the other in the other with my Kees and change.

Dave
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: Another shooting - 01/27/13 10:04 AM

Quote:
When I taugh school, I regularly carried a folding knife in my pocket. Not for protection, as I was in school, and schools are actually quite safe , but because I found use for it most every day. I mention this to add that it was just as standard for me to grab it as it was to grab my wallet. One went in one pocket, the other in the other with my Kees and change.

A knife /= a gun.

A knife has many daily uses, as you point out, 99% of which don't involve killing or wounding something. I doubt ordinary citizens would find a daily use for a gun, which has but a single purpose ...

Re: Another shooting - 01/27/13 02:13 PM

Originally Posted By: six_of_one
Quote:

A knife /= a gun.

A knife has many daily uses, as you point out, 99% of which don't involve killing or wounding something. I doubt ordinary citizens would find a daily use for a gun, which has but a single purpose ...

Yep thats pretty much it.

Hunting ? well for a definition - better to use traps and a knife . Today use is a long range guns with a high power scope or a machine gun -< now thats not hunting it is a sport.

IMO.

Re: Another shooting - 01/28/13 02:40 AM

Is completely paranoid who thinks this way.