Reciprocal Ungraciousness?

Posted by: steveg

Reciprocal Ungraciousness? - 01/21/13 02:23 PM

Romney did not attend the inauguration. Understandable. But apparently he couldn't leave it there. He also told the press that he wouldn't be watching on TV, either. Was that really necessary? Is that the kind of *gag* "leadership" we almost got stuck with?

On the other hand, Paul Ryan did attend. But I hear he was booed loudly as he left the inaugural luncheon. I'm sorry, but that was equally ungracious and totally unnecessary. I don't care if he is at the pinnacle of GOP douchebaggery. It's a special day and a certain amount of brevity and decorum is in order. From everyone.
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Reciprocal Ungraciousness? - 01/21/13 03:03 PM

Maybe the boos for Ryan came from his own party?
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Reciprocal Ungraciousness? - 01/21/13 03:40 PM

Neither Bush was there either--understandable for H. W.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Reciprocal Ungraciousness? - 01/21/13 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By: yoyo52
Neither Bush was there either--understandable for H. W.

Well GW wasn't even invited to the GOP Convention !! laugh

He was probably out at the ranch clearing shrubs ! "it's haRd wurk !"
Posted by: garyW

Re: Reciprocal Ungraciousness? - 01/21/13 07:00 PM

Dave, all that needs to be said here is already in your sig:

Mitt who???

laugh

Congratulations President Obama. You make us proud.

Re: Reciprocal Ungraciousness? - 01/21/13 08:59 PM

The Virginia republican legislature decided to be douchebags today too.

mad link

Re: Reciprocal Ungraciousness? - 01/21/13 09:13 PM

yet none of it bothered these two

grin
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: Reciprocal Ungraciousness? - 01/21/13 09:20 PM

Originally Posted By: garyW
The Virginia republican legislature decided to be douchebags today too.

mad link

Dirty trick sure. But then they adjourned for the rest of the day to honor an important person. NOT MLK!

Quote:
Politically, the move coud derail McDonnell’s ambitious agenda for his last year in office ahead of a rumored run for higher office. Optics-wise, the state Senate GOP’s move could reverberate far beyond the Commonwealth: after using the absence of civil rights leader Marsh to push through the legislative changes, the Senate adjourned in honor of a well-known Confederate general.

“On motion of Senator Stosch, the Senate adjourned in memory or [sic] General Thomas J. ‘Stonewall’ Jackson at 4:10 p.m. to convene Tuesday, January 22, 2013,” read the official minutes of the legislative day.

According to the progressive blog Blue Virginia, Deeds also took to the state Senate floor to speak about Jackson after the new district lines were approved.

Posted by: lanovami

Re: Reciprocal Ungraciousness? - 01/22/13 01:22 AM

"I'm sorry, but that was equally ungracious and totally unnecessary. I don't care if he is at the pinnacle of GOP douchebaggery. It's a special day and a certain amount of brevity and decorum is in order. From everyone."

Very well put.
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Reciprocal Ungraciousness? - 01/22/13 02:46 AM

Romney is to embarrassed to show his pathetic face in the inauguration of Obama being elected the second time for president. What happened to the other moron George W Bush Jr another loser who never showed up either.
Posted by: steveg

Re: Reciprocal Ungraciousness? - 01/22/13 03:40 AM

You're surprised that the right wing resolve to win at any cost has been strengthened? confused

How ironic that Pres. Obama 2.0 offered up a rebuke to Repugnican election shenanigans in his speech.
Posted by: carp

Re: Reciprocal Ungraciousness? - 01/22/13 04:50 PM

What happened to the other moron George W Bush Jr another loser who never showed up either.

Ahhh Bush won both terms so really jr did not lose - however Bush sr was only 1 term, if I remember correctly ?
Posted by: Leslie

Re: Reciprocal Ungraciousness? - 01/22/13 05:06 PM

Quote:
Bush won both terms

Not without the help of the Supreme Court.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Reciprocal Ungraciousness? - 01/22/13 08:14 PM

And the help of some very hinky vote counting.
Posted by: carp

Re: Reciprocal Ungraciousness? - 01/23/13 06:07 PM

I like Bush Sr - Jr however was something else.

Whats that saying ? The Apple does not fall far from the tree ?
In Jr's case when he fell from that tree he also rolled miles away down hill laugh
Posted by: DLC

Re: Reciprocal Ungraciousness? - 01/23/13 06:09 PM

Originally Posted By: carp
I like Bush Sr - Jr however was something else.

Whats that saying ? The Apple does not fall far from the tree ?
In Jr's case when he fell from that tree he also rolled miles away down hill laugh

Yes and into a pig stye !! laugh