This is a good thing.

Posted by: garyW

This is a good thing. - 01/04/13 09:13 AM

Quote:
Former Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA), whose 32 year career in the House of Representatives came to an end yesterday, said Friday that he's told Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick (D) that he would welcome an interim appointment to the seat expected to be vacated by Sen. John Kerry (D-MA).

Yes! Give Barney 6 months in the Senate during the next few debt debates and let him give the republicans and his lame-@ss democratic senators an earful.

Oh, I would love for him to run for the seat!

Posted by: steveg

Re: This is a good thing. - 01/04/13 09:40 AM

This would only be for three or four months, and he's decided to raise his hand for the gig only to help work through the cluster of finance issues coming up during that time. I think it's a great idea. His I take sh!t from no one and I'm working for The People approach to legislation is sorely needed for these tasks. You go, Barney! cool
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: This is a good thing. - 01/04/13 09:51 AM

That would be sweet. It's too bad that he wouldn't run for the seat.
Posted by: DLC

Re: This is a good thing. - 01/04/13 07:22 PM

Yep... Barney is NOT a nice purple dinosaur....

more like a raptor !! wink
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: This is a good thing. - 01/05/13 02:42 AM

What we need is another Barney Frank to be an a temporary senator until we vote for the next one. he is courageous and forceful when he was Congressman in Mass.He takes no s--t from anyone.
Posted by: steveg

Re: This is a good thing. - 01/05/13 04:33 AM

Um... the original Barney Frank just raised his hand to fill the interim seat. Why would we need "another" one?