The Speaker of The House

Posted by: steveg

The Speaker of The House - 01/01/13 03:30 PM

Hello. My name is John Boehner. Yes, the spelling is a little awkward. The actual pronunciation is Flaccid. smirk
Posted by: garyW

Re: The Speaker of The House - 01/01/13 08:40 PM

Boehner voted "yes" along with only 1/3 of his House GOP. Cantor voted "no" with 2/3 in his favor.

Guess who will be the next Speaker…

Can Cantor possibly be worse that Boehner? Without a doubt, this is not a good thing for the functioning of the new Congress.
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: The Speaker of The House - 01/02/13 02:36 AM

Eric C is a little weasel which i cannot stand.He hides behind John B and has no guts at all to stand up to his opinions.No way would he be speaker of the House.
Posted by: steveg

Re: The Speaker of The House - 01/02/13 03:25 AM

The buzz a/b a potential Speaker Cantor is all over the map. But the dominant theory still seems to hold out for Flaccid keeping his job. If Cantor were to get the gig, it would, IMHO galvanize the left and the WH and scare the crap out of the electorate, resulting in a Democratic route in '14 (or '16 at the latest).

IMHO, Flaccid has been neutered to the point where he's little more than a figurehead, but one who presents just enough of a center lean to keep the left off-guard. Not that I would ever give this Repugnican party credit for strategically looking around corners, but I have to wonder if they're not worried that Cantor might use the gavel to punch a bigger hole in the bottom of an already leaky boat.

Ok, now that I've gotten all of this year's metaphors off my chest... grin
Posted by: DLC

Re: The Speaker of The House - 01/02/13 03:09 PM

Maybe we should refer to him as mouse-man, Squeaker of the House ! wink

No machismo ! No cahones ! blush
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: The Speaker of The House - 01/02/13 05:48 PM

Cojón--cajón means big box. Maybe big enough to pack Mr. Flaccid.
Posted by: carp

Re: The Speaker of The House - 01/02/13 07:44 PM

I think it comes down to , who has a better - Tan smile
Posted by: DLC

Re: The Speaker of The House - 01/02/13 07:49 PM

Wella Pardna .... his "mountain oysters" are mousey oysters ! blush

laugh