Larry Pratt

Posted by: steveg

Larry Pratt - 12/20/12 07:20 AM

Executive Director of Gun Owners of America gets taken apart like a cheap watch by Pierce Morgan.

I was inspired to comment on Pratt's FB wall:
Quote:
Mr. Pratt, will you go to Sandy Hook and personally present your gunslinger screed, face to face, to the families of the victims especially the parents of the slain children?

Pierce Morgan is right: You're an unbelievably stupid man. And if you carry an organ donor card, tear it up. It's of no value because you have no heart to donate. And thank God brain transplants aren't yet doable.

Can't wait to see if my comment is ignored, deleted, flamed, or if 2nd Amendment commandos raid my wall with bayonets fixed. eek grin
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Larry Pratt - 12/20/12 07:51 AM

Don't be a Pratt!
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Larry Pratt - 12/20/12 09:16 AM

Nothing like watching a Pratt fall. smile

Re: Larry Pratt - 12/20/12 10:01 AM

BADDA BING! grin
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Larry Pratt - 12/20/12 10:15 AM

Originally Posted By: yoyo52
Nothing like watching a Pratt fall. smile

Hyuk hyuk. cool
Posted by: DLC

Re: Larry Pratt - 12/20/12 10:43 AM

I am NOT wishing this but I wonder if they'd feel the same if someone took out a bunch of these rabid gun owners or members of their families?? I don't think they comprehend the pain victims relatives feel or suffer.

Re: Larry Pratt - 12/20/12 11:52 AM

Oh, they comprehend it. Problem is, they're convinced that packing heat of their own would prevent said pain in a kill or be killed kind-a way. sick

Re: Larry Pratt - 12/20/12 11:57 AM

Yeah. Someone comes in blazing away and you're going to have time to get your weapon and fire back. Sure! Tell me another one.
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Larry Pratt - 12/21/12 02:35 AM

Pratt is an idiot with no conscience or feelings at all. Morgan really told him off which he rightly deserved.

Re: Larry Pratt - 12/21/12 12:57 PM

Saw a program where they took 5 so called gun advocates - aka Average people who want to "protect themselves" and put them in a classroom with other students. {BTW these people practiced at shooting ranges and were good shooters.} The test student was packing heat (but it was a regular handgun gun that used bullets with paint tips). Some time during the lecture an armed gunman breaks into the classroom shoots the lecturer and then starts firing. NOT a single one could get their gun out of the holster in time to save themselves. ALL 5 were killed (simulation). SO it shows that unless you have near the training police get (i.e. crisis situations), you're no more safe than the other victims ! And these 5 were excellent shots... but NOT under pressure.

The gunman also had a gun with paint tipped bullets and they showed where the armed student was hit in the melee... one was hot 3 times in 3 vital spots. The gunman did not know which student was armed so he had to make that call as the simulation played out. it wasn't hard ! (look for the klutz trying to get his gun out !) But I found that amazing -- in all 5... lecturer and several other students killed and NOT 1 time was the shooter taken out !! NOW you could play this 20 times and maybe he might be neutralized once or twice (statistics better with more numbers); BUT in the majority... probably 90%+ of the time it had NO effect !! The other caveat was that not 1 even got a shot off - even assuming 1 did - would he be able to hit the target under pressure ?? and in a vital spot to take him down?? And if you arm 2-3 students how many casualties due to random fire. You think there's going to be an orderly exit ?? whistle

He should have asked Pratt why they didn't lobby for nukes or 50 cal machine guns !! Hey - protecting yourself !! can't inhibit that !!

So most of the NRA rationale is just fairy tales. and "hoping" ! Big surprise huh !!
I knew you'd be stunned ! laugh

Forgot one other thing... you permit the arming of teachers and you put a target on their back !! Like they need more handicaps in the class room ... they're not carrying enough responsibilities !!
F-ING crazy !!! mad mad mad

Re: Larry Pratt - 12/21/12 03:53 PM

Linky? I'd love to spread that around.

Re: Larry Pratt - 12/22/12 08:36 AM

I'll look, but I saw it on TV, I can't remember the channel... was one of those "surfing" events ! blush

It was Diane Sawyer on 20/20 !! Taa-Daaaaa ! grin

However it was a 2009 episode they reran and it turns out to be very controversial, but with the NRA everything is controversial including do I use a 10 megaton nuke or will a 1 megaton be enough?? crazy

laugh

Posted by: katlpablo

Re: Larry Pratt - 12/22/12 10:13 AM

Originally Posted By: MacBozo

Posted by: Jim_

Re: Larry Pratt - 12/22/12 10:19 AM

Originally Posted By: MacBozo

You might want to fact check first. Here's a youtube vid, and a link to an article discounting the "demonstration."

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/6631

Re: Larry Pratt - 12/22/12 10:20 AM

Looks like you're quicker on the draw. smirk

Re: Larry Pratt - 12/22/12 10:39 AM

Who's quicker on the draw?
Posted by: katlpablo

Re: Larry Pratt - 12/22/12 10:43 AM

The article discounting the "demonstration" is pretty convincing.

Re: Larry Pratt - 12/22/12 10:54 AM

Originally Posted By: steveg
Who's quicker on the draw?
Okay, that's where I saw it. I looked here but couldn't find it, how did I miss it with such a descriptive Subject line. smirk

Re: Larry Pratt - 12/22/12 11:06 AM

Originally Posted By: katlpablo
The article discounting the "demonstration" is pretty convincing.

The person with the gun was in the same seat too so the shooter knew where to look, maybe coincidence, maybe not. I figured it was probably a set-up. I just found the article challenging it today.

If you do a google with things like man confronts robber with gun, thief with gun etc, there are plenty of real life stories from the other side where the victims had control of themelves and came out on top.

Re: Larry Pratt - 12/22/12 12:12 PM

Ok, from now on I'll put the whole f'n post in the subject line like people that put a paragraph in the subject line of their emails. >:p

Re: Larry Pratt - 12/22/12 01:19 PM

I don't discount those stories, but they didn't need a Bushmaster to do it. Most of the time it was small arms.

MY points are :
1. Fine! . . keep the 6 shooter and non-automatic rifles for sport and protection.

2. There are lots of gun owners out there who are more dangerous than a plus because they are not trained, don't practice, etc. but they think cause they have one- they're John F-ing Wayne !! Look at the morons running around with cars killing people, now give them a gun crazy ... I don't want to be anywhere near them in a crisis/hostage situation !!!

3.Let's be smart: require training, and regular updates to own one. They need to know how to use one, store one, and gun safety ! NONE of that is required now.

4. Eliminate Gun sales at gun shows - too many cracks in the system. No background checks. You can get guns- high powered ones- easier than booz or cigarettes !!

Jus my 2 !! grin

Re: Larry Pratt - 12/22/12 02:46 PM

Were those successful defenses conducted in a shopping mall, school, etc with dozens of frightened people/children screaming and running from someone who burst in firing at random, or a one-on-one situation? Consider the situation(s).