Boehner, Boner, Prick...

Posted by: steveg

Boehner, Boner, Prick... - 12/02/12 08:13 AM

No difference. mad
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: Boehner, Boner, Prick... - 12/02/12 09:37 AM

It never ceases to amaze me that some Republicans, of all people, fail to recognize that as long as there is a viable market, there *will* be businesses to satisfy the needs of that market; that taking money out of the hands of consumers (the market) is more likely to impact an economy than marginally increasing taxes on the business side of things. So yeah, Mr. Boehner, it does matter from where you get the revenues.

And that's just the dollars and cents view, never mind if you have any humanity in you at all =P

----

Also, here's what bugs me about this whole "small businesses" being forced to lay people off or close entirely if we raise taxes:

Let's say you have a business that is taxed on $300,000 per year.

If taxes are raised on everything over $250,000, that means $50,000 of the $300,000 qualifies for the higher rate.

Let's say you're currently taxed 15% ... on that $50,000 -- that's $7,500.

Assume the rate goes up 5% to 20% only on that $50,000 -- that's now an even $10,000, a difference of $2,500.

Here's my issue: If paying an additional $2,500 on a $300,000 business is going to cause you to fire people or close down entirely, the problem there isn't the higher tax.

And remember, that's $300,000 *taxable* income, which means you've grossed even more and this is what's left after deducting business expenses and whatnot. If you're on the edge, laying off people and crippling the economy by clearing (after taxes) $252,500 instead of $255,000 ... again, the problem isn't with the higher tax rate.

Of course, this is a fairly simplistic example. But then, most of the arguments coming from the Republicans these days (and, to be fair, the Dems as well) are equally simplistic if not more so. So I think the simplisticness(?) (simplisticity?) is appropriate ;-)

Re: Boehner, Boner, Prick... - 12/02/12 11:41 AM

That and the fallacy of the Affordable Healthcare law killing the bottom line. Helloooo. More low wage employees now with access to healthcare means a healthier workforce, which means more productivity — across the company and from each individual worker.

It's stupidity born of denial which stems from stupidity. crazy

Re: Boehner, Boner, Prick... - 12/02/12 11:52 AM

And... I think Boneher is scared sh!tless of losing his speakership to Cantor or another far white winger. Boner? I think flaccid is more accurate.

Re: Boehner, Boner, Prick... - 12/02/12 12:23 PM

Quote:
That and the fallacy of the Affordable Healthcare law killing the bottom line.

I never grokked why Business (and therefore Republicans) was against socialized medicine -- what business owner wouldn't love to not have to worry about their employees' health care/insurance? What a huge red number that would remove from their books.

Plus, that would mean insurance would follow the insured and not be based on employment -- a win-win for everyone ...

Oh well, in a prefect world, maybe ;-)

Re: Boehner, Boner, Prick... - 12/02/12 12:29 PM

Originally Posted By: steveg
And... I think Boneher is scared sh!tless of losing his speakership to Cantor or another far white winger. Boner? I think flaccid is more accurate.

Sometimes I actually feel a tad sorry for JB -- I actually do think at heart he's a pragmatist willing to cut deals. But in order to keep his job he has to play against all that and tow the Tea Party line, which I can't help but think bothers him more than just a little ...

But, in the end it IS his choice, and what little sympathy I have fades ...

Re: Boehner, Boner, Prick... - 12/02/12 12:33 PM

I think it's undeniable that anything remotely linked to Obama's legislative agenda — even policies and concepts that originated in the Repugnican universe — are to be viewed as bad juju. Priorities, eh? smirk
Posted by: Mike

Re: Boehner, Boner, Prick... - 12/02/12 01:34 PM

Originally Posted By: steveg
I think it's undeniable that anything remotely linked to Obama's legislative agenda — even policies and concepts that originated in the Repugnican universe — are to be viewed as bad juju. Priorities, eh? smirk

Yup.
In spite of the election results, Boehner, & Co. will continue this course.
(I hope McConnell gets kicked out in 2014.)
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Boehner, Boner, Prick... - 12/02/12 03:45 PM

We cannot afford 2 more years of Congressional obstruction/dysfunction. Boehner has absolutely no leadership abilities. If he had, he would have told the TPers to sit down and STFU!
Posted by: DLC

Re: Boehner, Boner, Prick... - 12/02/12 04:08 PM

I like your math 6 of 1 !!

What can be said about JB that hasn't already been said. WTF is his "plan" for the fiscal crisis?
As someone on the Sunday politco shows said if he'd put out a counter plan they could negotiate. But when he just sits there and says "Nope, BO's isn't it! ... not the one"... there's no definitive criteria to agree or disagree on. It's like you have 2 goal posts BOs' on left , GOP on the right..... BO says I'm on my 20... JB says.... nope not close enough !! crazy OK.... then WTF are YOU !!?? (probably behind their goal post or up behind the bleachers!! laugh )

WTHell won the election and the issue? sure as H wasn't JB or MMcC !!! mad
Posted by: garyW

Re: Boehner, Boner, Prick... - 12/02/12 05:33 PM

laugh "BOEHNER: OBAMA NEEDS TO STOP ACTING LIKE HE WON ELECTION
BY ANDY BOROWITZ

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Tensions over the so-called fiscal cliff reached a boiling point today as House Speaker John Boehner accused President Obama of acting like he won the November election.

“Our message is clear: Mr. President, we are ready to negotiate with you,” Mr. Boehner told reporters. “But this nonsense of acting like you won the election has got to stop.”

Lashing out at Mr. Obama’s “delusional arrogance,” Mr. Boehner added, “I don’t know what planet he thinks he won an election on, but this whole ‘the American people elected me’ act is getting a little old.”

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell echoed Mr. Boehner’s sentiments, stating, “The President’s budget proposal sounds like the ravings of a man who thinks he won fifty-one per cent of the popular vote and three hundred and thirty-two electoral votes. When he decides it’s finally time to return to Realityville, he knows where to find us.”

Sen. McConnell denied earlier reports that he “burst out laughing” when he heard Mr. Obama’s latest budget proposal, telling reporters, “Actually, it would be more accurate to say I peed myself.”

“That business about raising taxes on the rich was—pardon my French—freaking hilarious,” Sen. McConnell said. “I’m glad that losing the election hasn’t made the President lose his sense of humor.”
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Boehner, Boner, Prick... - 12/03/12 02:56 AM

These people like Boehner and McConnell are the worst miserable politicians I have ever saw in my life.They are mean and have no feelings for others less unfortunate than themselves. They could give a s--t less if we went over the fiscal cliff or not. Their attitude towards Obama is putrid and they have no respect for him as our leader.In essence I hate both of them.
Posted by: garyW

Re: Boehner, Boner, Prick... - 12/03/12 09:18 AM

Marv, I agree with everything you just said.

(FYI, the Andy Borowitz article is satire) laugh

Re: Boehner, Boner, Prick... - 12/03/12 10:29 AM

Borowitz is a commie pinko. Alan West told me so. grin
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Boehner, Boner, Prick... - 12/03/12 04:25 PM

Re: Boehner, Boner, Prick... - 12/03/12 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By: NucleusG4

Rastafarian? wink
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Boehner, Boner, Prick... - 12/03/12 07:06 PM

Bonerfarian?

Re: Boehner, Boner, Prick... - 12/03/12 07:24 PM

Originally Posted By: yoyo52
Bonerfarian?

That would require an orange sock. laugh

Re: Boehner, Boner, Prick... - 12/03/12 07:45 PM

Now that I think about it, the round parts seem to be in the wrong place. whistle

Re: Boehner, Boner, Prick... - 12/04/12 02:43 AM

Thanks for seeing my point of view.

Re: Boehner, Boner, Prick... - 12/05/12 04:16 AM

Is this you when you were younger?

Re: Boehner, Boner, Prick... - 12/05/12 06:34 PM

Maybe we should nick-name John..... Bone-er-party

That's who he and his whole group acts like. confused

Re: Boehner, Boner, Prick... - 12/05/12 07:16 PM

Except they're eating us not themselves.

Re: Boehner, Boner, Prick... - 12/06/12 03:09 AM

They could not care one iota if the seniors and poor starved to death in this country as long as the rich get no tax increase.

Re: Boehner, Boner, Prick... - 12/06/12 07:34 AM

Well it's apparent they didn't get the 2012 "Memo" from the American people.
So let's hope in 2014 there's a D sweep, and then maybe they'll listen.
In the mean time, I hope the TP pushes them even more !! grin

Re: Boehner, Boner, Prick... - 12/07/12 02:52 AM

My sentiments exactly Dave.