GOP acting like it's a Romney Presidency

Posted by: garyW

GOP acting like it's a Romney Presidency - 11/26/12 10:26 AM

they haven't changed there tune a bit and continue to push the same Romney Ryan plan and talk of repealing Obamacare. If Obama stays strong and wins the fiscal cliff debate I fear it's just going to embolden these douchebags to continue their obstruction and threats to shut down the government and cause another debt ceiling crisis. The few republicans that have recently spoke of working together and dropping their Norquist pledge is just bulsh!t, I doubt they'll actually give an inch. Benghazi fizzled out for them so now all they've got left is to tank the economy again if they aim to win the 2014 midterm and have a shot in 2016. Is a strong economy and jobs recovery again a hostage to teaparty anti-government ideology and abortion rights in Obama 2.0? This is where Bohner is going to define his legacy if he ever discovers how to do his job.

Posted by: steveg

Re: GOP acting like it's a Romney Presidency - 11/26/12 10:38 AM

Well, if this actually helps them in '14 and '16, then the Repugnican campaign slogan will have to be I'm with Stupid.-->
Posted by: DLC

Re: GOP acting like it's a Romney Presidency - 11/26/12 11:39 AM

Well Polls show if we hit the cliff, the GOP will be blamed the most - that should translate to a D takeover. I don't want to hit the cliff, but if we do it's their AZZ !! mad

One other question - how can they oppose BO if they secede ? wink

Re: GOP acting like it's a Romney Presidency - 11/26/12 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By: steveg
Well, if this actually helps them in '14 and '16, then the Repugnican campaign slogan will have to be I'm with Stupid.-->

How is it the teaparty gained so much power in 2010? We underestimated them then, there was more cynicism than anything really tangible to offset them.. The I'm With Stupid campaign strategy works if dems don't get out and vote. This is where apathy has to be targeted. Hopefully the 2012 re-election machine stays in place and is already gearing up for the mid-term. Dems are at a disadvantage because Obama is not on the ballot to get people to the polls.

I understand that the TeaParty of 2010 won't be the same in 2014 or 2016. It might be stronger... I think it'll be better funded by Wall Street and the billionaires like Adelson.

The rational part of me says Dems should be able to utilize the power they have and build on it, they've got Obama with the wind at his back. The emotional side of me says "oh f*ck!" we've seen this before. laugh

Posted by: steveg

Re: GOP acting like it's a Romney Presidency - 11/26/12 01:04 PM

Methinks it's the intervention room for you, buster. shocked
Posted by: DLC

Re: GOP acting like it's a Romney Presidency - 11/26/12 01:37 PM

Originally Posted By: steveg
Methinks it's the intervention room for you, buster. shocked

Too Late - he needs DEEP therapy !! eek
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: GOP acting like it's a Romney Presidency - 11/26/12 03:27 PM

If Boehner cannot reign in the TP and they push us over that cliff, he won't be Speaker next Congress. He has been totally ineffective for his two years of "leadership."

Re: GOP acting like it's a Romney Presidency - 11/26/12 05:07 PM

Originally Posted By: MacBozo
If Boehner cannot reign in the TP and they push us over that cliff, he won't be Speaker next Congress. He has been totally ineffective for his two years of "leadership."

I think it's just the opposite. If Bonhner agrees to a grand bargain to avoid going over the cliff then he's booted out as Speaker. If he folds to the Teaparty demands he remains speaker. I think he'd rather remain in power than help the country.