I have a bad feeling about this ...

Posted by: six_of_one

I have a bad feeling about this ... - 11/15/12 08:48 AM

Something I noticed about 9/11 -- or rather, the days before it: the national consciousness/the media was fairly obsessed with relatively trivial things blown way out of proportion. Back then it was the Social Security "lockbox" debate and wether a Congressman had an affair with one of his staffers and then killed her -- important things, sure, but man the coverage of both was relentless. And then the attacks happened and pretty much put everything into perspective ...

I'm kinda getting that sense again now -- "Fiscal cliff," Bengazi, the Petraeus soap opera that never seems to end; and the press/Washington/us are just obsessing and obsessing ...

I hope this isn't a harbinger of something else big rolling down us, but I really have that sense there's a huge, unexpected shoe of some sort that's waiting to drop and put all these things in perspective as well ...

I hope I'm wrong, but, man, it's a pretty creepy feeling =P
Posted by: steveg

Re: I have a bad feeling about this ... - 11/15/12 09:47 AM

In protest of ObamaCare, Santa is gonna cut back on his elves' hours? eek

But to get serious, I think I know what you're feeling. I can't help but worry that there is going to be a presidential assassination. Note that I didn't say "attempted". This fear woke me up twice in the middle of the night a few days ago and all I could think about was Trumbo's Executive Action. Yeah... Creepy. And I hope we're both very very wrong.
Posted by: lanovami

Re: I have a bad feeling about this ... - 11/15/12 01:27 PM

The big shoe coming down premonition hadn't occurred to me, but I have been tired of the whole blown out of proportion Petraeus coverage since about day 3. If there is some really big twist yet to come, please somebody post about it here, or I'll probably miss it..
Posted by: garyW

Re: I have a bad feeling about this ... - 11/15/12 01:38 PM

I think lameduck teabag republicans in the House want to impeach Obama before they get sent home at the end of the year. The Benghazi faux-scandle is the way they're going to do it with the help of douchebags McCain and Graham in the Senate intelligence committee.