The country is not going to hell

Posted by: MrB

The country is not going to hell - 11/12/12 11:42 PM

I thought this was a good article

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/12/opinion/frum-conservatives-despair/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

I also like to read the comments following the articles.

One commenter had this to say
"... Here's a quote and it is true: The line between "making" and "taking" is not a racial line. The biggest government program we have, Medicare, benefits a population that is 85% white.

Those are the same white people that voted for Romney. According to the repubs, they are the "takers", but blame those that voted for Obama. ......"

Dave
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: The country is not going to hell - 11/13/12 12:36 AM

Ha.. I linked that on my FB page.
Along with this one. Very graphic language and NSFW.

Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: The country is not going to hell - 11/13/12 02:59 AM

That is the GOP Party completely narrow minded.Frum tells it like it us being truthful.
Posted by: Llewelyn

Re: The country is not going to hell - 11/14/12 03:24 AM

Oh the country is going to hell, but I would not presume to say that a different result at the recent general election would have us not going there.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: The country is not going to hell - 11/14/12 06:23 AM

The country has been going to hell since 1783. And every election makes it more certain to come to pass.
Posted by: DLC

Re: The country is not going to hell - 11/14/12 03:01 PM

Well that's true but I will say we are headed to some rough FISCAL times , esp if the Financial Cliff is hit.... major shake ups.... market will tumble.

All set up by the wild spending and no revenue of 8 years of Bush and his first 6 years of a GOP Congress. ( After all, our FISCAL house WAS in order more or less when Clinton left). We;re still feeling the effects of our fiscal policy being out of balance from that time- it doesn't correct overnight or if it does you get a Depression !!

BUT WARNING to all !! IF you have investments get them to conservative funds ASAP !! Even wo the cliff were headed into a market correction... hopefully not as bad as 2008 but still ugly.. got that from my OnLine Trading Class. Cover yourself, please ! eek
Posted by: DLC

Re: The country is not going to hell - 11/14/12 07:44 PM

Dow has dropped >600 points since the election ! and >1000 since the Oct Highs... still in a bearish trend. News from Middle East and the fiscal cliff will drive it lower until something changes. frown

But that said , traders say we're in for 10-20% correction before or right after the New year. Didn't matter who was elected either... it's been gathering for many months. I hope not but many of these advisors have been around for decades ! I expect the Dow to retreat back below or very near 10,000 (hopefully no more). we may be sliding as we speak !! eek