My FB open letter...

Posted by: steveg

My FB open letter... - 11/10/12 03:45 PM

An open letter to the CEOs of Applebee's, Papa John's, Olive Garden, Dead Lobster, and all the other ptomaine palaces that have decided to make sour grapes their #1 house special...

Gentlemen:

Since a skosh over half the citizens of the U.S. voted to re-elect President Obama, it's probably safe to assume that your constituency has a similar political construct. So if that's true, and if the blowback from half of your customer base is not related to the gas your fare is known to produce, how do you explain the *cough* wisdom of alienating slightly more than one of every two patrons? Is that also based on Romney/Ryan math?

I'd love to know in which chapter of "In Search of Excellence" you read the plan to halve your revenue by acting like half an ass.

But if my assumption is wrong and in fact the majority of your customers are Republicans, I can take some consolation in gleaning from your statements empirical evidence that poor nutrition is causally linked to delayed intellectual development.

Guys, my compliments to the chef who just cooked your collective goose!

Sincerely,
An ex-diner of yours.
Posted by: Mike

Re: My FB open letter... - 11/10/12 06:47 PM

Nice! laugh
Posted by: Mac007

Re: My FB open letter... - 11/10/12 06:58 PM

I must have been asleep. What exactly did these folks do to get you so upset?
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: My FB open letter... - 11/11/12 12:16 AM

Just Google the names.
They made "threats" during the final weeks of the campaign that if Obama won then they would be laying off people. Most of them did this by way of a letter to their employees. Vote for my guy or the highway.
Now that Obama is re-elected, some of them are firing employees.
So... fine. You want to use your employees as ammo...
We, the paying consumers, will take our business elsewhere.
Posted by: lanovami

Re: My FB open letter... - 11/11/12 12:25 AM

"You want to use your employees as ammo..."

Well put.
They must know they are making themselves look like heartless elitists by doing this.
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: My FB open letter... - 11/11/12 02:58 AM

Good for you.These bosses deserve what they get.
Posted by: MrB

Re: My FB open letter... - 11/11/12 05:02 AM

Yep, business attitudes like this make me want to go elsewhere.

In a bit of retrospect, not sure this is best for the employees. If these places lose business, with what will they attribute it? The poor economy or their insane statements ?

Dave

Re: My FB open letter... - 11/13/12 06:28 AM

Awww.. poor Papa Johns... John Schnatter lives in a 40,000 sq ft home with private golf course blah blah blah.. and can donate 2 million pizzas:
http://www.papajohns.com/twomillionpizza/
and can pay $250,000 dollars +$25,000 fnder fee to get his old Camaro back...http://jalopnik.com/5344739/how-jalopnik-reunited-papa-john-with-his-camaro

Host dinner/fundraisers for GOP candidates...etc.

... but doesn't want to raise his pizza price 14 cents in order to let his employees have heath care.

F.U. John.

http://freakoutnation.com/2012/08/09/pap...-his-employees/

I will not be buying his pizza anymore. And I liked his pizza!

Aerial view.

Re: My FB open letter... - 11/13/12 06:31 AM

Don't get me wrong.. I applaud him for being successful and rich. But not at the expense of your employees who do all the work....

Re: My FB open letter... - 11/13/12 01:11 PM

Keep it up guys. It is good to see a running tally of all those who insist Obama's plan is going to ruin them and will use their employees livelihoods as pawns.

Re: My FB open letter... - 11/13/12 01:17 PM

I found a few "lists" of this nature on the internet. But they don't provide links or dates, so it is hard to check up on their veracity. I suppose the next round of unemployment numbers will tell us how hard it really is.
Posted by: Mac007

Re: My FB open letter... - 11/13/12 07:29 PM

Thanks that clears that up.

Re: My FB open letter... - 11/14/12 03:13 AM

HA! Papa John's is in paranoia overdrive. How do I know this? Good ol' Google Analytics! Among many other things, it tells me via which ISPs my website visitors arrive Comcast, Covad, RoadRunner, AT&T, etc. But large corporations are, in effect, their own ISPs, and show up as such on that page.

I check my analytics every morning to see what the traffic is, what pages are visited, bounce rate, referrals, etc. And this morning, on the ISP list, there it is: Papa Johns International, Inc. shocked

This tells me they're crawling all over the web to sample public opinion, and in some cases, they're tracing search results to their points of origin. I've been pretty vocal a/b this issue on Facebook, and sure enough, under the Referrals section in the Traffic Sources report, FB was on the list.

Looks like someone at Papa John's cut the cheese! laugh

Re: My FB open letter... - 11/14/12 06:05 AM

And there ya have it. I just did a Google search for "open letter, papa john's" an this very thread came up well above the fold on page 1! cool

Re: My FB open letter... - 11/14/12 12:47 PM

If they are "watching" us then my vote is in. If it truly only costs them 14 cents a pizza, my vote is in. No Papa John's (and as others have said, I love PJ) until they do right by their employees and keep their employees and give them health insurance.

Re: My FB open letter... - 11/14/12 02:19 PM

In fact, the actual cost would be less than a nickel per pie. Can't find the link right now, but I'll try to locate it later. In the meantime, looks like they've got a new topping that's gonna cost 'em big time: SPAM!

Piece o' work, that guy. smirk