Shake up at the CIA?

Posted by: Mike

Shake up at the CIA? - 11/09/12 12:10 PM

CIA Director David Petraeus is quitting, citing personal reasons, a government source says.
An extra marital affair? He seemed like a most capable man for the CIA position.
"After being married for more than 37 years I showed extremely poor judgment by engaging in an extramarital affair," Petraeus wrote in his letter. "Such behavior is unacceptable, both as a husband and as a leader of an organization such as ours."
Petraeus said that the president accepted his resignation on Thursday."
Posted by: steveg

Re: Shake up at the CIA? - 11/09/12 12:16 PM

It's Obama's fault.

Re: Shake up at the CIA? - 11/09/12 12:19 PM

Originally Posted By: steveg
It's Obama's fault.

How's that? crazy
But c'mon! As CIA chief having an extra marital affair? Not too smart......
Posted by: garyW

Re: Shake up at the CIA? - 11/09/12 12:19 PM

<rightwingworld> He's Obama's scapegoat on Benghazi </rightwingworld>

Just two months ago the GOP was drooling over the prospect of Petraeus being on the ticket with Romney.

Quote:
The abrupt resignation comes days ahead of hearings before the Senate Select Intelligence Committee and House Select Intelligence Committee over the Obama administration’s handling of Benghazi.

None of this passes the smell test.

Re: Shake up at the CIA? - 11/09/12 12:29 PM

But c'mon! As CIA chief having an extra marital affair? Not too smart...... Period.

Re: Shake up at the CIA? - 11/09/12 05:37 PM

Paula Broadwell on the 'Daily Show' in January this year....

Interview
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Shake up at the CIA? - 11/09/12 06:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike
Paula Broadwell on the 'Daily Show' in January this year....

Interview

Gives new meaning to the books title now...hmmmm?

Re: Shake up at the CIA? - 11/10/12 03:06 AM

Stupid is as schtup it does. smirk
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Shake up at the CIA? - 11/10/12 03:38 PM

Anyone, with a security clearance has to stay above reproach. If you compromise yourself through personal or financial actions, you become subject to blackmail or bribery. He was correct in admitting it and resigning before he became a security threat.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Shake up at the CIA? - 11/10/12 04:38 PM

Well it was mainly because it was with Natasha, (Rocky and Bullwinkle fame). You have to be very careful you were a friend when you work for the CIA. wink
Posted by: Mac007

Re: Shake up at the CIA? - 11/10/12 07:14 PM

Well at least he was more forthright about it when confronted with the facts unlike a certain ex-president we all know.

Re: Shake up at the CIA? - 11/11/12 12:11 AM

Nixon?

Re: Shake up at the CIA? - 11/12/12 09:24 AM

Originally Posted By: garyW

None of this passes the smell test.

Heads will roll.

Rogue FBI agent LEAKS the investigation information to republican congressman Dave Reichert , who pushes it onto Eric Cantor. Why Cantor? Because he expected Cantor to use it politically in the Benghazi faux-scandel to try to harm the President politically before the election.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/ne...s-involved.html

I bet this eventually connects to Murdoch/FoxNews, Rove and GOP kingpins as the investigation unfolds. I expect to hear this is an essential part of the story for FoxNews pushing their fantasy Benghazi story so hard.

Re: Shake up at the CIA? - 11/12/12 09:35 AM

Good article .. and I like the 49 different theories put forth by the commentors...
LOL... we will never know the truth.

Re: Shake up at the CIA? - 11/12/12 09:51 AM

From the article's comments page, this theory is just typical of what I expected to come:
Quote:
In the summer, Drudge was airing speculation that Romney might pick Petraeus as his running mate. This probably led the White House to have Holder order up some dirt on Petraeus, as insurance. So, that's why this investigation got started. Of course, Petraeus did not get picked as Romney's running-mate, so Obama no longer needed this dirt, which is why the investigation petered out. But then Cantor steps in, effectively telling the FBI "We know. You can't cover this up." And the rest is history. All started because of Drudge's rumor, and Obama's desire to obtain blackmail material on a potential opponent.

laugh

Re: Shake up at the CIA? - 11/12/12 11:08 AM

The smell test gets stinkier

Quote:
June 11, 2012 - Broadwell pictured with Rove, who tweets about it in June.

June-August, 2012 - FBI receives complaint about "harassing emails" sent by Broadwell to Jill Kelley

October 26, 2012 - Fox News "Exclusive" claiming CIA requested and was refused reinforcements.

October 26, 2012 - Broadwell pimps the Fox News version of events at a University of Denver symposium

October 28, 2012 - Rove hammers and expands on it in an interview on Fox News

Approximately October 28-31, 2012 - FBI confronts Petraeus and interviews him about emails, determines no breaches of national security have taken place.

October 31, 2012 - Cantor Chief of Staff contacted by Rep. Dave Reichert about FBI 'whistleblower'. Cantor says he contacted the FBI immediately.

November 6, 2012 - Barack Obama wins re-election

November 6, 2012 - James Clapper (Director of National Intelligence) informed of FBI investigation

November 8, 2012 - Petraeus submits resignation

November 9, 2012 - Resignation accepted

Sen. Feinstein says Petraeus went to Libya and his trip report has disappeared.
Andrea Mitchell on MSNBC repeated this clip of Diane Feinstein talking about the report:

"I believe there was a trip report - someone told me he has read it - NOW SHE IS TOLD THERE IS NOT TRIP REPORT - if we have to go to the floor of the senate with a supoena we'll do it."

Re: Shake up at the CIA? - 11/12/12 01:34 PM

Starting to look like Plame redux, kind-a sort-a? Life in a Tom Clancy world. eek

This thing is getting bugger! - 11/13/12 03:25 AM

"I don't know if a lot of you have heard this, but the CIA annex had actually taken a couple of Libyan militia members prisoner and they think that the attack on the consulate was an effort to get these prisoners back," said Broadwell in a speech last month at the University of Denver."---(CNN)

Did she spill any secrets ?
Also, now the FBI is investigating General Allen..... Uh oh! shocked
Posted by: MrB

Re: This thing is getting bugger! - 11/13/12 04:46 AM

From CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/13/us/petraeus-allen-investigation/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Another general tired into it with another woman who had emails with Broadwell

Dave

Re: This thing is getting bugger! - 11/13/12 04:50 AM

Dave. I think Allen was sending inappropriate emails to Jill Kelley.

Quote:
John Allen is under investigation for allegedly sending inappropriate messages to Jill Kelley, a woman who has been linked to the Petraeus scandal.
Posted by: MrB

Re: This thing is getting bugger! - 11/13/12 04:54 AM

As Rodney King might say

"Why can't we just schtump each other"

But instead it's

"Damn you, Beotch. You're schtumping around with the guy I'm schtumping around with"

Dave

Re: This thing is getting bugger! - 11/13/12 08:15 AM

Originally Posted By: MrB
As Rodney King might say

"Why can't we just schtump each other"

But instead it's

"Damn you, Beotch. You're schtumping around with the guy I'm schtumping around with"

Dave

grin And I always thought those Generals lead an exemplary life!

Re: This thing is getting bugger! - 11/13/12 08:55 AM

This is real. Denver's ABC news reported on the breaking story, obviously didn't pay much attention when their graphics guy went to the internet to grab a photo of Broadwell's book cover…. oh that pesky internet! Here's a screen shot from last night's broadcast:

laugh

Re: This thing is getting bugger! - 11/13/12 09:05 AM

from wonkette:

Quote:
Horny old generals and slutty cougars ---->> this script has potential!

This is like trying to jerk off to the History Channel.

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but Paula Broadwell would be a great name for a Bond girl.

Somewhere in New York Anthony Wiener silently weeps.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: This thing is getting bugger! - 11/13/12 10:22 AM

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Re: This thing is getting bugger! - 11/13/12 12:17 PM

Hahaha! laugh

(I am surprised no one took offense to my obvious misprint in the subject line. Of course I meant bigger but the virtual keyboard on the iPad is quirky. I guess one has to hit those keys smack in the middle! grin)

Re: This thing is getting bugger! - 11/13/12 12:24 PM

And we were all depressed over the loss of good comedy material when Romney lost the election. crazy

Re: This thing is getting bigger! - 11/13/12 12:27 PM

Bigger Bigger! laugh laugh laugh

Re: This thing is getting bigger! - 11/13/12 01:32 PM

Quote:
Bigger Bigger!

Did I miss something? was that quote in Broadwell's email??

Re: This thing is getting bigger! - 11/13/12 01:39 PM

I'm seeing a killer Wii game. shocked

Re: This thing is getting bigger! - 11/13/12 01:40 PM

No no no no... I said election. Not erection! blush

Re: This thing is getting bigger! - 11/13/12 02:03 PM

In the last few months there have been 5 high ranking general & admirals fired or resigned. This Petraeus snafu seems to be related.

Is Obama cleaning house of the Bush era neocons? Was there a risk of a military coup d'etat? Why was Eric Cantor involved? Something much more serious is playing out than a couple of old generals banging uppercrust MILFs.

Re: This thing is getting bigger! - 11/13/12 02:12 PM

A koo day tah, eh? eek

What's got my attention is the FBI agent that started this whole thing. It's been said he had a pronounced right-side limp, if ya know what I mean, and thought he might break something before the election.

Hooboy. crazy

Re: This thing is getting bigger! - 11/13/12 02:16 PM

laugh laugh laugh

Re: This thing is getting bigger! - 11/13/12 03:51 PM

I love how it was so hard to get the leads on this mess...

they were in their emails ??!! ... so much for 007 tactics !! encryptions !! coded messages !!

a 5th grader could have discovered this !! blush

Re: This thing is getting bigger! - 11/13/12 03:54 PM

Patraeus and Broadwell were trying to hide things by sharing a single gmail account and editing 'drafts'.

Super spy stuff!
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: This thing is getting bigger! - 11/13/12 04:18 PM

In HufPo read:

Jill Kelley, Woman Who Sparked Petraeus Scandal, Ran Questionable Charity

WASHINGTON -- Tampa, Fla., socialite and military hostess Jill Kelley, one of the women at the center of the ever-expanding scandal that brought down former CIA Director David Petraeus, founded a questionable charity for cancer patients with her surgeon husband, Scott Kelley.

Based out of the couple's mansion, the Doctor Kelley Cancer Foundation claimed on its tax forms that it "shall be operated exclusively to conduct cancer research and to grant wishes to terminally ill adult cancer patients."

. read the rest

Posted by: MacBozo

Re: This thing is getting bigger! - 11/13/12 06:10 PM

I'm wondering just who this Jill Kelley is and why she had so much access to so many high ranking officials. She doesn't pass my sniff test (don't even start, you gutter dwellers! shocked ). laugh

Re: Shake up at the CIA? - 11/13/12 07:07 PM

as my grandmother would say, velly funny. wink

Re: Shake up at the CIA? - 11/13/12 07:15 PM

Now I'm hearing one of the FBI agents was taken off the case for lewd behavior with Mrs. Kelly. This just keeps getting worse and worse. crazy

Re: This thing is getting bigger! - 11/13/12 07:32 PM

Pat Robertson doesn't think it's a big thing....... grin

He's a man!

This woman has a problem! - 11/14/12 03:43 AM

Who the heck does she think she is? Demanding 'diplomatic protection'?
Puh-leeeeeeese! mad

Her 911 call

Re: This thing is getting bigger! - 11/14/12 04:58 AM

Pat Robertson sanctions infidelity...
Whodathunkit?

OH! Wait! He's a Republican Bible thumper.... She was probably asking for it!

Re: This thing is getting bigger! - 11/14/12 03:27 PM

Well here's my question... WTF cares?

Clinton - The POTUS had an affair...Did he resign? NO !
SO why should the head of the CIA have to ?
Was security information leaked ? NO !

SO ... WTF cares what he did, but his family ?? crazy

I think it is what it is to make political points against the BO Administration! Someone in FBI/CIA who has opposite political views pushed this BS !

DONALD !!! mad

laugh

Re: This thing is getting bigger! - 11/14/12 03:49 PM

I think it all goes much deeper. Prior to Patraeus five other high ranking generals and admirals have recently resigned or been fired. I think these Bush-era military guys are PISSED that Obama's ending the wars. That, and the fact that old generals like shagging uppercrust MILFs.

Posted by: lanovami

Re: This thing is getting bigger! - 11/14/12 04:57 PM

uppercrust MILFs - yum. Sorry, way off topic!

Re: This thing is getting bigger! - 11/14/12 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: DLC
Well here's my question... WTF cares?

Clinton - The POTUS had an affair...Did he resign? NO !
SO why should the head of the CIA have to ?
Was security information leaked ? NO !

SO ... WTF cares what he did, but his family ?? crazy

I think it is what it is to make political points against the BO Administration! Someone in FBI/CIA who has opposite political views pushed this BS !

DONALD !!! mad

laugh

Remember, Bill never had 'sexual relations' with that woman!
(unless you wanna call a BJ sexual relations!)

Re: This thing is getting bigger! - 11/14/12 06:23 PM

OK but he was unfaithful and broke his vows...

As a Democrat he vowed to only screw the other party !! smile

laugh