I know, I know

Posted by: lanovami

I know, I know - 11/08/12 01:07 PM

move beyond the gloating, BUT, my son and I listen to Armed Forces radio in Japan, that is for troops living here who want/need American news with a lot of soldiery public announcements thrown in.

Well they also get Rush every night, but the shows are pre-recorded. I had to wait 24 hours to hear Rush's lamentations. He breathed more heavily than usual, tapped his fingers incessantly, and went between loud incredulity to acerbic sarcasm. "People wanted this. This is what they chose. Four more years to get it right cuz Obama couldn't do it the first time. People want Santa Claus to give them all those handouts so they don't have to take care of themselves"

If I'd only had a brandy, it would have been perfect. Even my son who is 13 and has his own interests couldn't help but smile at Rush's whining.

Re: I know, I know - 11/08/12 01:08 PM

Then there is Rove's post election "analysis":

"Romney had convinced voters he was a better leader and had a better vision than Obama."

"This thing," Rove said, "was won."

Re: I know, I know - 11/08/12 01:09 PM

Ah, right, here is the link if you want it:

Roving
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: I know, I know - 11/08/12 03:42 PM

Last I hear, Rove is accusing the dems of vote suppression because they didn't want people to vote for Romney. Read 'em and chortle.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: I know, I know - 11/08/12 08:36 PM

Originally Posted By: lanovami
If I'd only had a brandy, it would have been perfect. Even my son who is 13 and has his own interests couldn't help but smile at Rush's whining.
He was even angrier today. I checked in for about 15 minutes and he's still beside himself.

The stop Obama express etc stuff has been their mantra, they had a purpose the last 4 years. I'm curious to see where these shows go now and if they can keep an audience.

Re: I know, I know - 11/09/12 03:14 AM

I remember he was saying it was going to take "days" to parse out how this travesty happened.
Posted by: steveg

Re: I know, I know - 11/09/12 03:23 AM

It's like if your car develops a shimmy in the front end and you think going faster will smooth it out. But eventually, a bolt shears off and you run off the road and into a bridge abutment at 90 mph.

Or the flame that burns hotter and hotter 'til it consumes all the oxygen in the air and just self-extinguishes.

Or like... ok, enough free metaphors for today. You want more? You gotta subscribe. grin

Re: I know, I know - 11/09/12 04:02 AM

And to beat my dead horse on the gloating: Obama has now reached the 3 million lead mark over Romney. Mandate, anyone? Dems are calling Florida too, though even I think it's a bit early..

Re: I know, I know - 11/09/12 04:07 AM

Nope, even Romney has conceded Florida. He won a whopping 1 swing state, which only became a swing state in the last election. I love this country.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: I know, I know - 11/09/12 05:53 AM

If you want to have a laugh check out his website. He still doesn't get it, he's fighting all the obvious reasons Romney didn't win, plus being more racist than usual.

RUSH: At some point, we should do a Spanish translation of this program.

RUSH: Ratings were down, TV ratings on election night, over 2008. It's obviously because the networks are too white, too old, and too male

Re: I know, I know - 11/09/12 06:14 AM

There's all this talk a/b the Republican "bubble" and who will emerge from it into the real world. But for the likes of Limblahblah, Hamity, Blech, et al, they are transitioning from driving an agenda to running an on-going support group for the willfully sensory-impaired. Rotsa-ruck, fellas. smirk

Re: I know, I know - 11/09/12 06:16 AM

Will give it a look, don't think I've ever gone to his website. He could probably use the hits.

His incessant insistence that the Hispanic vote wasn't about immigration but about "Santa Claus" got old fast. The average voter did not vote for Obama because of a sense of entitlement or free handouts. The average voter is not that discerning.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: I know, I know - 11/09/12 06:39 AM

I think that the worst, at least that I've heard, is O'Reilly. What he said about whites no longer being in charge, about the rise of minorities--blacks, hispanics, asians--all of whom voted for Obama because they "want stuff" and Obama is the man who will give them "stuff." That's beyond insulting. Really, completely stupid, too, if it becomes the explanation that the Reps give themselves for their loss, because it means that they won't be able to understand why they're out of office for the next century.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: I know, I know - 11/09/12 06:56 AM

Quote:
That's beyond insulting. Really, completely stupid, too, if it becomes the explanation that the Reps give themselves for their loss, because it means that they won't be able to understand why they're out of office for the next century.

Shhhhhhh... wink
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: I know, I know - 11/09/12 08:12 AM

There was a conservative dude on NPR this morning who basically said that Republican policies are fine, they're just being marketed to minorities incorrectly -- that what Republicans need to do now is just run more ethnic candidates so voters will see themselves "represented nicely" ...

Hopefully this isn't the prevailing viewpoint among Republicans. Democrats don't appeal to minorities just because of the color of their candidates' skins, but because of their actual policies.

The Republicans need to take a serious look at their substance, not just their packaging -- simply painting the white elephant brown won't change the fact that it's still an elephant ...

Re: I know, I know - 11/09/12 09:08 AM

As Romney really couldn't distinguish btwn the C-suite and the Oval Office, so the right can't tell marketing from governing. Sad.

Re: I know, I know - 11/09/12 01:14 PM

I haven't watched O'Riley in years, but I was enjoying all the excuses on Fox's website and I saw his past election statement. He kept going back to previous tape to cover his butt and show that he was never completely sold on Romney winning. And then there is the "stuff" diatribe.

Re: I know, I know - 11/09/12 01:18 PM

Rush also, was so frustrated because there are so many fine, upright minorities Repubs in high-profile positions, Condoleeza Rice, Jindal (spell), Rubio etc., so what are people talking about (I'm paraphrasing but it's damn close). He completely ignored the fact (at least in this part of his lamentations) that regardless, Repubs did not get the minority vote.

Re: I know, I know - 11/15/12 01:59 PM

In the spirit of my obsession with Obama reaching the "mandate from the people" mark Bush's people said he set in the 2004 race against Kerry, I feel compelled to proclaim the final (short of a few stragglers) tally:

62,615,406 for Obama
59,142,004 for Romney

Bush beat Kerry by just a tad over 3 million Obama beat Romney by just a tad under 3.5 million - and that was in the face of the hugest onslaught of money ever in an election (yes from the good guys side too, I know).

Obama got more actual votes than Bush in 2004 and Romney just barely beat Kerry in votes - even with all that money

Romney got less than McCain in 2008 - even with all that money