Memorial Day weekend

Posted by: keymaker

Memorial Day weekend - 05/31/11 03:09 AM

Their sacrifice in WWII means a lot to me personally and to everyone over here.

km
Posted by: keymaker

Re: Memorial Day weekend - 05/31/11 08:01 AM

Quote:
km had to invoke a political reference

Whereabouts?

Quote:
We know what you were getting at, so don't argue the point.

Obviously you don't - my recognition of WWII valour is well known and precedes this forum back in time to MacCentral.

km
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Memorial Day weekend - 05/31/11 10:20 AM

Quote:
What? Who? Me? I didn't do anything.
Yes, I know your history here, you were implying what you've said before, we should have stayed out of the other incursions. Don't play Mr. Innocent and insult me with another reply like that.

You finally reply to something in the lounge and all three threads you politicized. This one was surreptitious. Keep that stuff here, I'll eventually get tired of moving them.
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Memorial Day weekend - 05/31/11 02:08 PM

If that is the entire extent of km's post, aren't you being a little oversensitive? km is a citizen of the UK/Europe, and I would think the first thing that comes to most Europeans minds when they hear anything about Memorial Day would be the sacrifices the US made to come in and take Europe back, and that's what exactly what he said.

Regardless of his politics, why would the sacrifice of American soldiers in say Vietnam mean as much to him as WWII as a European? Couldn't km's post there be seen as a gesture by his contrarian self to show solidarity? If you had heard that exact comment from any number of other people, I think you would have likely let it go.

Maybe there is a history about km's view on "other" incursions, but couldn't you have gone with the spirit of his post as opposed to what he "implied". The key to moderating would be moderation I would think, but admittedly I have never been a forum moderator so whatever. Anyway, it's a political post now - have at it.
Posted by: carp

Re: Memorial Day weekend - 05/31/11 02:48 PM

If that is the entire extent of km's post

Good point - seems there are some post missing in exchanges ? ?

btw; Lano - well written.

Maybe there is a history about km's view on "other" incursions, but couldn't you have gone with the spirit of his post as opposed to what he "implied"

Thats the contradictory part on KM, standing.
He condemns Hitler and defends Osama <-- in many ways they are the same.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Memorial Day weekend - 06/01/11 06:39 AM

Since you need for me to explain my actions here, when I get a chance maybe I'll explain more with a timeline, but in a nutshell, km hadn't posted in the Lounge in two months, then he appeared there and was talking down our military, as usual, and continued with it on a weekend where we were celebrating them.

Last week in one thread NG4 started, where we were talking about our Navy Seals, km turned it political, I let that ride, I didn't move it. Then in the one about our favorite war movies he tried by mentioning Fahrenheit 9/11, no one took the bait. Then he started one about the UK's Seal type team, mimicking NG4's Seal team thread. His thread starter was just a pic of their SBS team, with OMG, and then it went political a few posts down by km's hand of course.

When he posted above about WWII, we had had that conversation here previously, he feels the only justifiable war we had was WWII.

So yeah, maybe with all the crap he had been pulling last weekend I was a bit sensitive. I felt he was baiting again and didn't have time to babysit another thread, BBQs and remembering our fallen servicemen and all.

Anyway, busy, got to run. Hope that explains some.
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Memorial Day weekend - 06/01/11 01:15 PM

To be honest, I didn't expect you would explain your actions, but thank you for taking the effort. I do read the threads here, but am not as regular a denizen as most, but I had I had the gist of this. I probably hit the "cry foul" button a bit early myself.