While everyone is watching Wisconsin.....

Posted by: MacBozo

While everyone is watching Wisconsin..... - 03/01/11 09:54 AM

Ohio Set to Vote on Ending Public Union Rights
Posted by: DLC

Re: While everyone is watching Wisconsin..... - 03/01/11 10:23 AM

Well they said they want to take our country back .. to the 1930s and 40s !!

They're doing it !! mad

What they'll end up doing is recruiting more to become Dems... as the measures get more austere and wages fall, these middle class Republicans will eventually become new Democrats.. might take 5 -10 years though.

Those that don't learn from History . . are doomed to repeat it !!
Posted by: steveg

Re: While everyone is watching Wisconsin..... - 03/01/11 11:51 AM

Following this apprehensively. What pisses me off is that, yeah, there are abuses within the unions very much like abuses within C-Suites everywhere. Yet the right's not bothered in the least about how inflated salaries and excessive expense accounts in the private sector are ultimately paid for by the Middle Class (or what's left of it). And these are not the people we rely on to protect us and educate our kids and preserve our infrastructure. It sucks to be us, eh? mad

Re: While everyone is watching Wisconsin..... - 03/01/11 12:13 PM

Originally Posted By: steveg
Following this apprehensively. What pisses me off is that, yeah, there are abuses within the unions very much like abuses within C-Suites everywhere. Yet the right's not bothered in the least about how inflated salaries and excessive expense accounts in the private sector are ultimately paid for by the Middle Class (or what's left of it). And these are not the people we rely on to protect us and educate our kids and preserve our infrastructure. It sucks to be us, eh? mad

I saw a post/commentary from someone complaining about people who were complaining about the redistribution of wealth to the top 1% that they could just work harder. I guess this person still believes that he/she can become as wealthy as those who are denying him/her that very opportunity. Hard work these days only gets you another day older and deeper in debt. That top 1% wants all of the wealth. crazy
Posted by: Leslie

Re: While everyone is watching Wisconsin..... - 03/01/11 12:43 PM

Quote:
I saw a post/commentary from someone complaining about people who were complaining about the redistribution of wealth to the top 1% that they could just work harder. I guess this person still believes that he/she can become as wealthy as those who are denying him/her that very opportunity.

Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
Voltaire

Re: While everyone is watching Wisconsin..... - 03/01/11 02:24 PM

I have a "come back" for the top 2% that are millionaires and complain about paying taxes !!

"Just work harder !!'
laugh

Seriously, they have many MORE means to make wealth (with less effort) than the working stiff on the clock!! . . to them: "cry me a river !!' wink
Posted by: carp

Re: While everyone is watching Wisconsin..... - 03/01/11 03:21 PM

Not pointed at anyone.

My observations, over the many years.

1 - I can see why some states wants to bust the unions - they simply get paid more than non union members, what was it about 10,000 a year more per employee? So yes thats a huge savings. Not to mention bargaining benefits.

a - Yes that would kill a huge portion of the middle class - keep in mind that the middle class are the big economy spenders , not the top 5% rich. Most of the home sales, that started this mess was to the middle class. Then want to kill the middle is stupidity.

Simply the Gove wants to create new jobs - at the same time wants to lay of thousands of middle class government employees and bust up unions that represent thousands of middle class people <-- what the f----reak

Talk about a contradiction from both State and Federal.

I have never been a friend to Unions - but they are needed.

Re: While everyone is watching Wisconsin..... - 03/01/11 05:33 PM

Get this... the average teacher pay in Wisconsin is $48,000...

the average Wall St bonus is $128,000 !!!
THAT does not include their salaries !!

so the GOP loves Wall Street.... and hates teachers... who's wrong ? mad

difference is Wall St contributes to them, most teachers don't... even so the amounts are lopsided.

Re: While everyone is watching Wisconsin..... - 03/01/11 07:21 PM

I think part of the big misconception is - the GOP believes that rich people will reinvest into more business and open more business in the US. Thus to their small brains = more jobs. ( to be honest) in Ronnie Ray Gun days that was true - now we are global .

The reality is;
The rich invest into Wall Street and overseas markets. The US tax breaks really help them to invest more over seas.

Believe it or not Donald Thrump makes good sense + plus he does not like China at all.

Re: While everyone is watching Wisconsin..... - 03/02/11 07:24 AM

Originally Posted By: carp
I think part of the big misconception is - the GOP believes that rich people will reinvest into more business and open more business in the US. Thus to their small brains = more jobs. ( to be honest) in Ronnie Ray Gun days that was true - now we are global .

The reality is;
The rich invest into Wall Street and overseas markets. The US tax breaks really help them to invest more over seas.

Believe it or not Donald Thrump makes good sense + plus he does not like China at all.

Actually, it never worked with ray-gun either. The trickle down never happened. It trickled up even more.

In a room of nutjobs, it's the unions that have ruined 'merica, because their living wages and pensions have caused everything to cost more and more.

Re: While everyone is watching Wisconsin..... - 03/02/11 01:32 PM

Right Michael.

Thats why I said
I have never been a friend to Unions - but they are needed.

By needed what I mean is, the Unions does set the bar for wages , worker safety, worker rights, yada yada.

Now since I have been in construction management almost all my working life. I was never in a Union. I do know that they are difficult to work with their Union rules and much higher pay.

However;
Union workers, do produce more and are better trained than a non - union members. Mainly because the union itself trains workers so they can get their union cards as , apprentice , journeyman , yada yada - you know what your getting. As opposed of someone off the street.

Not sure if Unions are needed for government workers this day an age? 50 years ago sure.