Fs vs Cs

Posted by: lanovami

Fs vs Cs - 05/07/10 04:25 PM

Maybe this has been bridged before, but it is time to open up the debate again. I still can't for the life of me figure out why the majority of people prefer canines over felines. No matter how it stacks up, felines are the superior animal/pet.

1. Dogs are just gross. They eat feces if allowed, they drool, they can get downright filthy if allowed. Cats wash themselves regularly and bury their own feces.

2. Dogs are simpletons. Some call it loyalty, I don't see it. They have this "follow the pack", "follow my master" instinct that will make them "love" - if that's what you call it - their masters whether their masters are kind to them or unbelievably cruel. Stop feeding a dog suddenly one day and it will die on your doorstep. Stop feeding a cat or treat it badly and it is out the door, like any self-respecting entity.

3. Sure, a cat will not make any attempt to defend your home or you. It will also not "overdo" it as so many dogs do and try to loudly defend you from every possible menace, real or imagined. A cat will also not break from it's owners grip and maul neighbors to death or inexplicably use the training it was given to grip a 5 year olds neck in it's muzzle until death. And let's not get started on rabies (okay a worry of the past maybe, but I am taking the long view)

4. Yes, obviously 3 above is not talking about chihuahuas or poodles etc. but don't get me started on those little yipping menaces that I call all by the same name of "dropkick". So many of those miniature monstrosities are either ugly as sin, or primped up to the point of ridicule. And why do so many of them think they have to prove something by yipping insanely at everything that comes near them when most of these "enemies" could squash them like a bug if given the chance?

5. And that leads me to the sounds they make. Dogs bark, a noise much harsher than a meow. Dogs whine incessantly when they can't get inside or reach something they really want. Ever heard a cat whine (when it's not in heat anyway I guess)? Dogs growl and bark and growl and bark at a threat. Cats give you one clear hiss that says "get the hell away from me" and are done with it and you.

6. Maybe it shouldn't be a separate entry, cuz it's about noises, but dogs cannot sit on your lap or your chest and purr. That little motor in cat's throats is an incomparable improvement to any dopey eyed endearments a dog can give.

Pounds are full of these ostensible "best friends of men" called "dogs" and one can see why. Cats come out the clear winner. Down with dogs. Cats rule, dogs drool.

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/07/10 05:12 PM

And here, to stoke this red hot debate even further is an article about a recent poll.

In the war of dogs vs. cats, clear winner: dogs

LOS ANGELES — An Associated Press-Petside.com poll shows that Americans like dogs better than cats. And it wasn’t even close. Across the country, 1,967 adults were questioned and 74 percent said they preferred dogs a lot while 41 percent said they liked cats a lot.

When it comes to which pet was disliked the most, cats won handily. Fifteen percent said they disliked cats a lot while only 2 percent said they disliked dogs a lot.

The poll was conducted Oct. 1 to Oct. 5 and has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 2.2 percentage points.

Those most likely to dislike cats were blacks, Hispanics and married men. Men were a bit more likely than women to say they disliked cats.

poll

Are people so self-centered that they need a living creature around them that sees them as the center of the universe, and do they need that self-satisfaction and the approval of onlookers for those slavish shows of obeisance at one barked command? Is such blind obedience laudable? Is the expectation of such blind obedience laudable? Sit, stick your paw out, balance that treat you REAALLLY want on your nose! Pathetic.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/07/10 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By: lanovami
3. Sure, a cat will not make any attempt to defend your home or you.
Not true. We have a couple of outdoor/indoor guys. One day a few years ago I was outside with the the SO. Raymond the cat was about 25 feet to my left, she was to my immediate left between us. She was telling me about a little kitty that was yelling for food, and she made a long pitiful sounding kitten mew to mimic the kitten. Raymond came dashing over and attacked my foot for an instant, smacked my foot and chomped on my shoe once. He thought I was hurting her. He had never done anything like that, and never has since, real calm cat. Everybody loves Raymond and all, except for mice and birds.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/07/10 09:37 PM

We have two cats and two dogs (and a newt, but that's a whole other ballgame). The two mammals have their pros and cons. Cats are a bit more autonomous than dogs, but they'e just as cuddly as the dogs when they want to be. Most dogs will reflect your behavior--if you want to play, they want to play; if you want to pet them, they want to be petted; and so on. But cats don't do that. If they don't want to play they give you a stare and saunter away; if they don't want to be petted they'll might swat at you. That freaks people out, I think. I like it, though.

The only major difference otherwise is that dogs take a whole lot more work than cats do. We walk our pooches four times a day for about a half hour or more each time. That means that our lives are keyed to the walking schedule. If we want to go away for a weekend, we have to get someone to dog sit or put them in a kennel. With the cats--we put out an extra bowl of food and another of water and say bye-bye.

But I love 'em all.

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/08/10 01:38 AM

Both these replies, to my surprise, support my views even if you guys might actually like "dogs". I expected more to come to the defense of "dogs".

Anyway, posts appreciated guys. wink
Posted by: Antonio

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/08/10 02:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Reboot
3. Sure, a cat will not make any attempt to defend your home or you.
Not true. We have a couple of outdoor/indoor guys. One day a few years ago I was outside with the the SO. Raymond the cat was about 25 feet to my left, she was to my immediate left between us. She was telling me about a little kitty that was yelling for food, and she made a long pitiful sounding kitten mew to mimic the kitten. Raymond came dashing over and attacked my foot for an instant, smacked my foot and chomped on my shoe once. He thought I was hurting her. He had never done anything like that, and never has since, real calm cat. Everybody loves Raymond and all, except for mice and birds.

My grandmother's siamese once attacked someone who came into her house uninvited one night. He also disliked strangers going anywhere near her. I also had one, who would sleep on my bed and wake me up every morning at around 5:30AM. His name was El Diablo, and for good reason.
Posted by: katlpablo

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/08/10 04:02 AM

I expected more to come to the defense of "dogs".

Anyway, posts appreciated guys. wink
Is this in the politics forum on purpose?

Maybe you'd get more answers in the Lounge, more people visit there.
Posted by: steveg

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/08/10 04:57 AM

One dog, one cat, and one avian here. Maizee, the toy poodle joined joined the family in Manhattan in 2000. Muffinz was a shelter kitty who was our very first acquisition when we arrived in Dayton three years ago. Her purpose was to take the sting out of being uprooted that my daughter was feeling as a result of the move. But long before either came along, there was — and still is — Pagliacci, our cockatiel, who is now 20 years old.

Maizee and Muffinz play together, ignore each other, share toys, and swipe each other's food without incident. The fun part is how Pagli fits into all this. The cat will often sit and stare at the bird as if to say "I wonder if it tastes like chicken." Although she's never made an attempt to find out. In the meantime, the bird has a perpetual crush on the dog, whom he will serenade at the top of his lungs whenever she's within 10 feet of the cage. Maizee, however, couldn't care less, and my heart breaks for Pagli's long unrequited love. frown

Anecdotally, we went against the grain when we got Maizee. In Manhattan, where most people live in impossibly small apartments, most have dogs that are the size of water buffalo. Maizee is about as big as the head of the typical Manhattan mutt. laugh
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/08/10 05:34 AM

Just a personal observation: Most dog owners (who also really hate cats) that I have encountered have some kind of control issues.

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/08/10 05:48 AM

"Just a personal observation: Most dog owners (who also really hate cats) that I have encountered have some kind of control issues."

I didn't want to go that far, but yes, now that someone else has said it, I have noticed this in many dog owners as well.
Posted by: SgtBaxter

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/08/10 07:22 AM

For me it's not so much dogs or cats but the personality of the animal. Dogs generally are much more personable, but there are plenty of cats that are too.

Of our 3 cats I like white kitty the best. He's big, fat and lazy, and also the most laid back animal ever to walk the planet. No matter where you are in the house, if you're sitting or laying down he's curled up on you snoring.

Our dog Bear also wants to be wherever you are most of the time. He actually stands up on his hind legs and hugs me when I get home. I'm not talking jumps up on me, it's an actual hug with his front legs around my shoulders. But since he's a Pyr, he's also a lot more independent than most other dogs.

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/08/10 07:38 AM

You mean they're like puppies? When they get really excited, they piddle on you? blush

BTW, Michelle Bachmann is a sick puppy. <-- That should now qualify this thread for the Soapbox in case that Reboot guy had his finger on the Move button. laugh
Posted by: Lea

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/08/10 07:54 AM

Cats crap in the house. Dogs don't.

Cats are stingy with affection. Dogs aren't.

Cat independence is just indifference. Dogs really do love you.

Walking a cat makes you look weird. Walking a dog is good for your health.

Cats can't play frisbee. Dogs love it.

Cats catch mice. Dogs will go hunting with you and help you bring dinner home.

Cats won't bark at everything that moves outside your home. Dogs will save you the cost of a home alarm system.

Cats will desert you if you don't feed them. Dogs will stick with you, no matter what.

Cats get stuck in trees and have to be rescued. Dogs rescue people.

If cats were really so great, they'd have their own TV shows and movies. Lassie was a dog. 'Nuff said.

(I get double credit because I thought these up all by myself. Cat people need to google, dog peeps don't. wink )

Posted by: drjohn

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/08/10 08:30 AM

Cats are clean? That saliva that they wash themselves with can carry the organism that causes cat scratch disease.

Posted by: DLC

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/08/10 08:43 AM

I like both...

each has benefits and liabilities.

Each of you (lanovani and Lea) has hit all the points...

what's the matter with a mixture of both ? wink

and Steveg... MB is not a "sick puppy", but more like a rabid dog ! laugh
Posted by: Ben Dover

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/08/10 08:52 AM

Well, dogs have been domesticated, and cats have wild DNA ( they're just a miniature version of a big cat ).

The domestication may make dogs stupid, like husbands. A guy will start out righteous and get just the important things, beer, stereo and tv, then he gets married and takes out a home equity loan smile .

smile

Ed

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/08/10 09:24 AM

See I think of dogs--some dogs, like out little Max--as kids with ADHD. You gotta love 'em, but they sure need a lot of attention. smile

Now out bigger dog, Aix (cause sadly we'll never actually go to Aix-en-Provence) is more like a self-conscious sinner.

When Max does something stupid and we yell at him, it's Aix who hangs his head and puts his tail between the legs. Max could care less.

But both of them are under the control of Stealth.

But Scout gets along fine with the dogs

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/08/10 09:28 AM

Originally Posted By: DLC
I like both...

each has benefits and liabilities.

Me too.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/08/10 09:54 AM

Originally Posted By: katlpablo
Is this in the politics forum on purpose?
Testing, 1, 2, 3. I figured if he wanted it moved he'd ask. There's no policy that says fluff can't be in the soapbox. Test failed. grin
Posted by: Ben Dover

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/08/10 09:59 AM

Cosmo is half Skye Terrier and half West Highland White Terrier. Lap dog, loves cuddling and attention, perfect for my kids. Can't figure out if he's dumb or smart, as he has traits of both. Little dog complex, likes dogs his size but wants to attack bigger dogs. Fearless, brave. Once he got loose ( I don't know what my little one was thinking - He was leashed to her skateboard ) and attacked an attack dog's legs ( skateboard bounding along as he hurtled ). Pretty cool, mellow well trained attack dog - He just put a soft clamp around Cosmo's neck and held him down - Then of course they sniffed eat other's arses and were friends smile He's one of those silly little dogs that does those gazillion fake pees / markings on his walks. We could train stuff out of him, but eh, he's cute and under leash.

Muffin is pretty cool. I like pictures of her licking herself smile

I don't really like pets anymore, but what makes my kids happy makes me happy. As a boy and younger man, I really really liked German Shepherds and had several - They're a very smart dog and outstanding companion.

Ed
Posted by: Leslie

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/08/10 10:23 AM

Not only do cats poo in the house, then they jump up on your kitchen counter.
Did your last sandwich taste a bit off? grin

Michele with Belly. We have zero control issues with her, as she with us.

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/08/10 10:34 AM

Can dogs jump up on your keyboard and rename all the files and folders on your desktop? Nope. Can they open apps and close windows at will? Nope. Can they shove your mouse onto the floor just for giggles. Nope.

So there... grin

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/08/10 10:38 AM

Wow, is that what I am missing?
Off to the pound I go. laugh

End of Discussion - 05/08/10 10:52 AM

How to Give a Cat a Pill

1.  Pick up cat and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby.

Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand.  As cat opens mouth, pop pill into mouth.

Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.

2.  Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa.

Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.

3.  Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away.

4.  Take new pill from foil wrap, crad le cat in left arm, holding rear paws tightly with left hand.

Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger.  Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.

5.  Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe.

Call spouse in from the garden.

6.  Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, hold front and rear paws.

Ignore low growls emitted by cat.  Get spouse to hold head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth.  Drop pill down ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.

7.  Retrieve cat from curtain rail.

Get another pill from foil wrap.  Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains.  Carefully sweep shattered figurines and vases from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.

8.  Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with head just visible from below armpit.

Put pill in end of drinking straw, force mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw

9.  Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans and drink one beer to take taste away.  Apply band-aid to spouse's forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.

10.  Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed.

Get another pill.  Open another beer.  Place cat in cupboard, and close door onto neck, to leave head showing.  Force mouth open with dessert spoon.  Flick pill down throat with elastic band.

11.  Fetch screwdriver from garage and put cupboard door back on hinges.  Drink beer.  Fetch bottle of scotch.  Pour shot, drink.

Apply cold compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus shot. Apply whiskey compress to cheek to disinfect.  Toss back another shot.  Throw tee-shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom.

12.  Call fire department to retrieve the damn cat from the top of the tree across the road.  Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat.

Take last pill from foil wrap.

13.  Using heavy-duty pruning gloves from shed, tie the little *&#%^'s front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining table.  Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of filet steak.  Be rough about it.  Hold head vertically and pour two pints of water down throat to wash pill down.

14.  Consume remainder of scotch.  Get spouse to drive you to the emergency room.  Sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye.  Call furniture shop on way home to order new table.

15. Arrange for ASPCA to collect mutant cat from hell and call local pet shop to see if they have any hamsters.

How To Give A Dog A Pill

1.  Wrap it in bacon.

2.  Toss it in the air.

I totally rest my case. laugh laugh

Re: End of Discussion - 05/08/10 10:57 AM

laugh laugh laugh

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/08/10 11:26 AM

Of course, dogs can eat your keyboard and mouse. wink
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/08/10 11:54 AM

A friend of mine who has two dogs and two cats says that dogs are like bad girlfriends, all whiney and needy and "where-were-you-I-thought-I'd-never-see-you-again" when you return from the mailbox. Cats are like your cool college roommate, saying "zup?" when you walk into the room.
Posted by: carp

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/08/10 12:49 PM

Errr okay nothing personal laugh

Cats crap in the house. Dogs don't. - True dogs do crap outside but ya gotta pick shiiit up , cats you pick up the tray .

Cats are stingy with affection. Dogs aren't. I think they are both tied on this affection

Cat independence is just indifference. Dogs really do love you. That dog love is really dependence on when it is fed , feed the dog less the more it loves you . sorta wondering where the next meal .

Walking a cat makes you look weird. Walking a dog is good for your health. Walking a cat is cool because it is sorta rare - Walking a dog is like well (THAT IS WHAT YOUR SUPPOSED TO DO) it is another job when you get home from your work .

Cats can't play frisbee. Dogs love it. - True , but my cat still amazes me what Robert can play with , anyway I give this a tie as well

Cats catch mice. Dogs will go hunting with you and help you bring dinner home. - Keep in mind that cats will Bring Home Dinner for you , cough just have to find a cook book to cook it - Dogs well you just have to take them out for another walk and pick up shiit , and hope you shoot something laugh

Cats won't bark at everything that moves outside your home. Dogs will save you the cost of a home alarm system.

Cats will desert you if you don't feed them. Dogs will stick with you, no matter what. - True cats are smarter , they don't wait to be starved to death

Cats get stuck in trees and have to be rescued. Dogs rescue people. - Cats are just looking for attention to come to them - Dogs are looking for attention for earning their next meal .

If cats were really so great, they'd have their own TV shows and movies. Lassie was a dog. 'Nuff said. - Lassie was a shoe in due to unscrupulous practices at the time (like couch casting) <-- Norris the Cat should have had that part laugh

(I get double credit because I thought these up all by myself. Cat people need to google, dog peeps don't. )

I have a Dog and a Cat <-- I know the difference between the two pets laugh

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/08/10 12:56 PM

Quote:
The domestication may make dogs stupid, like husbands.

laugh laugh laugh - so true

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/08/10 02:42 PM

It was slow to build, but boy did the responses come.

All good insights. Lee, thank you for the passionate defense. Well put together, even if the basic premise is flawed cool I want to make it clear, however, that I made up every letter of that post, no googling. When I feared people had little interest (sob) I did subsequently google and post a poll of cat vs. dogs, but it only gave results, no ammo. I was thinking about formulating a response to your rebuttal, but Carp's response was more than adequate.

I have owned umpteen of both of these animals, and I do believe I have the background for a fair comparison. And yes, I at this juncture it seems only fair to admit that I overstated my anti-dog stance for the sake of argument blush I don't actually hate dogs or even dislike them (except that little ones that yap incessantly at everything). I think dogs can be decent pets, but I still think cats beat dogs, paws down.

And, yep, Reboot, this was jibe/test/whatever at what is political or soapboxy and what isn't. Glad it grew like it did. The thread's fine here. Totally out of place in the lounge. smirk

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/08/10 03:43 PM

Quote:
I overstated my anti-dog stance for the sake of argument
Oh crap, I think it's too late to recall the drones. Got any last wishes before impact? shocked

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/08/10 03:53 PM

I did see a bumper sticker once that made me laugh:

"Cat: The Other White Meat!" laugh

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/08/10 07:06 PM

Your Cosmo sounds like our Max. Same behavior, same temperament, same doubts about intelligence or stupidity. ADHD smile

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/09/10 12:08 AM

"Got any last wishes before impact?"

Aaah! I probably deserved the drones for overstating my case..
Posted by: Jashue

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/09/10 07:01 AM

I've always figured that a relationship with a dog revolves around its digestive tract. My dislike of feces therefore pretty much mandates that I be a cat person.

Here is a vid of my beloved house-puma, Al doing what he does. And besides that, he is the most loving cat I've ever seen. What's more, nothing about his affecting seems "cheap" that way it often does with dogs.

http://homepage.mac.com/jashue/iMovieTheater21.html

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/09/10 08:32 AM

That's so neat! By the way, we've had two black cats (Twerp and Scout). Both were/are incredibly loving critters.

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/09/10 11:16 AM

LOL

Thanks for sharing laugh
Posted by: katlpablo

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/09/10 08:20 PM

Good job. smile laugh
Posted by: DLC

Re: End of Discussion - 05/10/10 03:43 AM

ROFLMAO !! laugh

and I started reading it like it was a step by step instruction !!

I shoulda known betta !!! blush

very funny !! ... and true !! laugh
Posted by: MrB

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/10/10 06:27 AM

It's been my experience that cat owners believe that their cat loves them, in fact a cat just considers you a part of its domain. I f you leave it adjusts

dave

Posted by: Trog

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/10/10 06:54 AM

Dogs represent bullies.

They bark and bark about how tough they are to the point it is beyond annoying, and it makes me want to kick their @ss myself. "Look at me, I'm behind a fence across the street letting you know how tough I am! I can keep this up all day, pal". Try this sometime. Pull your jacket up over your head and start stumbling toward them like a zombie. The yapper will sh!t itself.

Look at the wild counterparts. Sure hyenas, wolves, etc. are fearsome... but only in packs. Without their toadies these bullies lose to nearly every other predator type in their weight range. I secretly relish watching a lion smack a hyena around, because you know the little turd will sneak back in the middle of the night with 17 others to steal the lion's kill.

Dogs are like frat boys in the back of a pick up truck. Cats are solitary killing machines like Chuck Norris. wink
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/10/10 06:54 AM

Originally Posted By: MrB
It's been my experience that cat owners believe that their cat loves them, in fact a cat just considers you a part of its domain. I f you leave it adjusts

dave

There may be some truth to that. I once heard that, if you're moving, a cat would prefer to stay at the old house with new owners than go with you to a new house. But our two kitties adjusted fairly well to our move 2 1/2 years ago. And they do appear to be quite attached to us. The one in my avatar only sleeps with one of my kids and will actually start harassing her to go to bed if it's getting late.

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/10/10 10:05 AM

The same is true for dogs. Our little Max followed my wife home one day when she was walking our bigger Aix. We're now Max's domain. On the other hand, our cat Scout was lost for about a year, found her way back, and reformed her domain.

But it's true that dogs are pack animals while cats, domestic cats anyway, are not. So for my dogs I'm the leader of the pack. For my cats, I'm an equal of sorts.

All of this is pretty superficial, to be sure.

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/10/10 02:25 PM

Cats can't herd your sheep and keep you safe on the subway!

Posted by: Antonio

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/10/10 03:07 PM

Originally Posted By: MikeSellers
Originally Posted By: MrB

dave

There may be some truth to that. I once heard that, if you're moving, a cat would prefer to stay at the old house with new owners than go with you to a new house. But our two kitties adjusted fairly well to our move 2 1/2 years ago. And they do appear to be quite attached to us. The one in my avatar only sleeps with one of my kids and will actually start harassing her to go to bed if it's getting late.

I dunno. The cat I mentioned in my last post here went insane (quite literally) after I left home for college, despite having other people around to get used to. That's just weird, if you ask me, but I while adore animals of most sorts, a don't become attached to them as if they're people (human people) like many do. I do feel bad he went crazy, tho... poor little guy frown

Originally Posted By: yoyo52
But it's true that dogs are pack animals while cats, domestic cats anyway, are not. So for my dogs I'm the leader of the pack. For my cats, I'm an equal of sorts.

All of this is pretty superficial, to be sure.

Most social relationships are wink

Originally Posted By: SgtBaxter

They can if I throw them at the mugger's face!

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/10/10 03:47 PM

That's true too, Sarge.

Fortunately there are no subways in Reading, PA wink

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/10/10 10:19 PM

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/11/10 02:16 PM

I never thought my experiment in pseudo-politics was going to take off, but it sure did. I am happily surprised how many people rushed in to the defense of cats considering every "statistic" I have ever seen says that far more than a majority of people prefer dogs.

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/11/10 03:30 PM

Yes, it's surprising that cat owners are so overly defensive about their choice.

We dog lovin' peeps make our point and move on.

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/11/10 04:01 PM

Just like our doggies do when they come upon a bush! laugh

I've gotta confess, I love all three of my critters the same, and they reciprocate just fine.

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/11/10 04:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Antonio

Yeah, but what about the sheep herding part? laugh

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/11/10 09:13 PM

"Yeah, but what about the sheep herding part?"

Cats herding sheep.. you may have the beginnings of the next big youtube viral video.

Re: Fs vs Cs - 05/11/10 10:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Antonio

Yeah, but what about the sheep herding part? laugh

They will let stupid humans and dogs do that job - remember cats are managers , not laborers laugh laugh