Right wingnut lunacy

Posted by: MacBozo

Right wingnut lunacy - 03/23/10 06:09 PM

Smashing windows at Democratic representatives and Senators' offices who voted for HCR. Does this seem like Kristallnacht to anyone else?
Posted by: DLC

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/23/10 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By: MacBozo
Smashing windows at Democratic representatives and Senators' offices who voted for HCR. Does this seem like Kristallnacht to anyone else?

Ja Wohl !!
Was is los ?
Are Vie good little indoctronees !!?

I hope the prosecute every damm one of them for destroying Federal Property !! mad

In the end I think it hurts the GOP... everyone knows the Tea Baggers are GOP sponsored and incited by them... who else ?? . . so these tactics I think backfire more than help them.

good little "brown shirts" they are !! wink

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/24/10 08:07 AM

Here's the RM report:

Extremist violence

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/24/10 08:23 AM

Can't they arrest these idiots for inciting violence or riots ? mad

I didn't see any progressives or Dems resorting to violence when GW & Cheney pulled their BS and lies !!

Posted by: Celandine

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/24/10 09:08 AM

Smashing windows at Democratic representatives and Senators' offices who voted for HCR.
Does this seem like Kristallnacht to anyone else?

SPOT-ON mad

Posted by: steveg

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/24/10 09:13 AM

Silly man. It's all about job creation. Construction workers, glazers, janitors, disposal... dude, put it in perspective. sick

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/24/10 10:05 AM

Here's the RM report:

Extremist violence

DUDE! That was OUTRAGEOUS!

I wound up re-Watching the entire playlist
while I was doing a crafts project..

BTW cool Rachel would have MY Vote!

Y Knot?
Senator Franken's carrying his weight
maybe we need some young-blood on our side 2
Posted by: Llewelyn

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/25/10 05:39 AM

Some people need to figure out the difference between a threat and free speach...

I hope you die - free speach.
There are millions of people across the country who wish you ill - opinion.
You should fill your pockets with lead and jump in the river - suggestion.
Picture of a noose - threat.

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/25/10 05:47 AM

And it doesn't take much searching to find that sadly this sort of thing has been around for some time and isn't restricted to the right wing-nuts...

From 2004 collected works of wing-nuts

Posted by: Jim_

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/25/10 07:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Llewelyn
And it doesn't take much searching to find that sadly this sort of thing has been around for some time and isn't restricted to the right wing-nuts...

From 2004 collected works of wing-nuts

Thanks for the research. I want to see how the left rationalizes their own Kristallnacht.

And they were having such a good time with this before you came along with unbiased facts. grin

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/25/10 07:14 AM

Except, now they are "suggesting" that these things be done to everyone with whom they disagree. Rather than random acts, they are calling for a more unified, larger, response. And they have raised outright nastiness to new lows. Are you sure you want folks this warped to be in charge?
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/25/10 07:23 AM

That link takes us to equal-opportunity violence. It also takes us to recriminations on the part of democratic officials who deplore the violence, etc.

Quote:
Michael Meehan, a spokesman for the Kerry-Edwards campaign, would not comment on the individual incidents targeting Democrats, instead e-mailing the broader statement: "Criminal acts against anyone or any property should not be tolerated and we hope that local law enforcement officials will prosecute any crimes to the fullest extent of the law."

Interestingly, there's nothing similar from a representative of the Bush-Cheney campaign to object to violence against Democratic party offices and so on. Similarly, I don't hear any such objections now from Republicans. There's also a quasi officially-sanctioned aspect to the current violence and nastiness. Whether it's Tea Party organizers or organizers of some other kind of group political activism, people in such organizational capacities are encouraging the activities--and indeed some federal officials, like congressmen, are actually fundraising on the basis of their obstreperousness, which may not rise to illegality (calling a congressional peer a baby killer from the floor of the House, for instance), but which is certainly obnoxious. Or perhaps those folks suffer from Tourettes Syndrome and can be excused. I have yet to hear any anti-health care reform Republican object to people hurling the n-word at black representatives, or spitting on a black representative, or calling for the assassination of the president.

So yes, political nastiness has a long history. Political nastiness that seems to have license from party officials, of any party, not so much.

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/25/10 07:33 AM

Quote:
House Republican leader John Boehner of Ohio said in a statement that while many Americans are angry over the bill's passage, "violence and threats are unacceptable."

"That's not the American way," Boehner said. "We need to take that anger and channel it into positive change."

Linky

But democrats say that's not enough - seemed to be enough when Michael Meehan made similar statements.

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/25/10 07:37 AM

Oooh! He used the C word! laugh

What he did not do was distance himself from those who are behaving that way.

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/25/10 07:45 AM

The other thing here is they tried to paint Ayers as a terrist and anyone who may have been in the same county with him, once, as a terrist sympathizer and anti-Merican. Now, they are employing the very same tactics as their "patriotic" duty.

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/25/10 07:59 AM

I would suggest that denouncing violence and threats IS distancing yourself from those behaving that way - or is the only acceptable penitent act to switch over to the democrat party?

If that's the case I would suggest that all the democrats should leave their party because of the wingnuts they have that have "taken over their cause"!!

Accept it, both sides have their fair share of wingnuts and dangerous crazies - and that's what the news media is going to bombard us with day in and day out, while it remains fashionable to do so. If you want proof that republicans ARE denouncing the threats you need to wait more than 10 minutes for them to react, OR search off the standard liberal favourite media outlets - because once again you're not going to hear a liberal admitting that a republican denounced violence against democrats, in exactly the same vein you won't hear Rush Limbo admit that a democrats would denounce violence against republicans.

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/25/10 08:07 AM

I haven't seen very many Democrats denouncing leftwing whackos and then openly courting them for their support. Democrats tend to want to stay away from such nut jobs. Sure, there are nut jobs on either side, but the current crop on the right are way beyond nuts.
Posted by: garyW

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/25/10 08:11 AM

Quote:
""That's not the American way," Boehner said. "We need to take that anger and channel it into positive change." ... But democrats say that's not enough

Actually Boehner began his statement by saying that the Democrats are to blame for not listening to the people, and (referring to the violence) that they have every right to be angry. He made sure that his denouncement of violence was prefaced with a statement that Democrats were the cause of it. That's why many of us see him as a political douche, and with that I see why many think his statement was half-baked.

And then he concluded his statement that rather than violence these people should seek positive change by going out to vote. What he failed to say was these people need to go to jail with threats of nooses, threats to Congressman's lives and their families, cutting gas lines to their homes and throwing bricks...

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/25/10 08:34 AM

You forgot to have them called terrorists, too. wink

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/25/10 09:03 AM

I think his response was half baked.

He should have also chastized the GOP politicians that egg them on... many did, the Sat. before the vote. as someone said, "you rebuke them or own them"... no middle ground.

Perfect example is Gov Perry (TX), in private w the Tea Party members he advocates secession... but he doesn't have the balz to say it on the 6 o'clock news...

same as many GOP voted against the stimulus, but took the $$ for their district and even went to public events claiming they got it for their district (bringing home the bacon) ... it's pandering and lying !

I wouldn't put it past Karl Rove to stage the GOP break-ins in 2004 as cover for the DNC break-ins . Sadly he's that underhanded. I Don't think that was true in all cases, but who knows.

And as far as MY reaction to any independents or progressives participating in the break-ins, it pisses me off.. mad

who do they think they are Rush-Beck Republicans ? laugh

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/25/10 09:23 AM

Yes, I just saw that, and I just heard Eric Cantor rejecting the foulness and violence. Good for both of them.

edit: I just heard the Boehner thing--he wants to have it both ways. On the one hand, don't do violence. On the other hand, persist in the revolt. Right.

And Cantor, as it turns out, was responding only to the fact that he, or one of his offices, was the object of violence.

In short, I'm not so sure that I want to persist in the "Good for both of them thing."

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/25/10 10:23 AM

Note to Cantor: Show me the bullet hole. Otherwise, you're just saying, "Me too!"
Posted by: Lea

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/25/10 11:09 AM

There's a fine line between justified concern and makin' media hay.

Where's my flame-proof stuff?

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/25/10 01:38 PM

Note to Cantor: Show me the bullet hole. Otherwise, you're just saying, "Me too!"

I there was a bullet fired into the office headquarters of a United States Congressman there will definitely be a police report that should on public record. In fact, the FBI must have investigated this incident.

Otherwise, Eric Cantor is once again a liar. He needs to be called out on it.

What's next ... a black-eyed John Boner with a backwards "B" scratched on his face? laugh

Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/25/10 03:07 PM

Richmond-Times Dispatch

3:40 p.m. The Richmond Police Department is investigating an act of vandalism agsinst the Reagan Building, 25 E. Main St., where Rep. Eric I. Cantor, R-7th, has a campagn office.

Police said a first floor window was struck by a bullet at around 1 a.m. on Tuesday. The building was not occupied, police said. A preliminary investigation determined that a bullet was fired into the air and struck the window at a downward direction, landing about a foot from the window. The bullet had enough force to break the windowpane but not penetrate the window blinds, according to a news release.

There are no suspects, Gene Lepley, a spokesman for the department, said.

(This has been a breaking news update. Earlier stories are posted below.)

http://fwd4.me/6ld

Posted by: steveg

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/25/10 03:07 PM

Newt's Newest Newsworthy Newtism: [paraphrasing]It's all the Democrats' fault. They just pissed off everyone with their "machine" and corrupt process and bullying. So what should they have expected?[/paraphrasing]

I'm watching a bad movie. Yeah, that's it. A bad movie. sick

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/25/10 03:31 PM

So, the shot wasn't really directed at the Representative's office, then? Somebody fired a shot into the air and the bullet simply grazed the window? That's a hate attack? crazy

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/25/10 03:53 PM

Mike Pence of Indiana was on the PBS Newshour, and he was very good about his response to the violence and the nastiness. I don't agree with what he said about health reform, but he said it rationally and without rancor. That's fine. That's more than fine.
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/25/10 04:00 PM

If I have already sed this, please ignore.

I only know what I read in the paper! wink

smile

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/25/10 04:10 PM

Cantor also said the bullet was fired at his office because he was Jewish. I guess Eric just wanted to ramp up the crazy to the next level with that comment.

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/25/10 06:54 PM

Or he's just a media whore and wanted some attention.

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/26/10 03:53 AM

Quote:
Somebody fired a shot into the air .... That's a hate attack?

Someone hates AIR.....

must be from an anaerobic terrorist !! wink

The Dems and the media need to start calling these radicals what they really are "Domestic terrorists" !! mad

Say it over and over and over......
Posted by: SgtBaxter

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/26/10 05:31 AM

It'd be hilarious if they traced the bullet back to a gun owned by a tea bagger.

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/26/10 06:39 AM

Not to worry, Sarge. Cantor made it clear that all this violence and crap is a result of the democrats egging it on. So it couldn't have been the teabagggers. Nosiree.

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/26/10 07:11 AM

Yes it's totally due to the Dems "Pee Baggers", a group of progressives who are named that because they're bed-wetting liberals. wink

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/26/10 07:39 AM

laugh laugh laugh

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/26/10 09:06 AM

More info today on Cantor's big lie:

"You know the implausible story Eric Cantor told yesterday about how his campaign office had been the target of a shooting incident? (His exact words were: "Just recently I have been directly threatened. A bullet was shot through the window of my campaign office in Richmond this week.")

Well, even if it weren't for the fact that Richmond police are saying the bullet was fired randomly, there would be reason to be skeptical of Cantor's claim. It turns out that it is nearly impossible to imagine that anyone ever could have figured out that the building in question housed his campaign office...because the building isn't even in Eric Cantor's congressional district, and it's not his campaign headquarters.

Instead, the building (located here) is actually in Virginia's 3rd congressional district (map here). Cantor represents the 7th.

Probably because the building isn't in Cantor's CD, it doesn't have any actual campaign posters or other markings to indicate that Cantor has an office inside it. Moreover, the building's address is not listed on his campaign website, so even if the bullet hadn't been fired randomly, it's virtually impossible to imagine how somebody could possibly have decided to target this location.

The final question is this: even if the bullet hadn't been fired randomly, even if somehow somebody figured out that Cantor had a campaign office inside this building which is not in Cantor's congressional district and is not listed on Cantor's website, then why in the world would someone who had gone through all those hoops end up firing the bullet into the wrong office? Remember, even though he has an office in the building, his office itself was not struck."

from Kos

But Cantor's lie did it's job ... the news reports and rightwing blogs are screaming that Cantor was shot at by the left, the bullet was meant for Cantor, his office sprayed with bullets, and on and on.

Now, can there be some investigation into Rep. Jean Schmidt's voicemail of the "angry Obama-supporting black man" that uses phrases like funky ass. And Jean Schmidt's vote got so much attention that she'd receive the death threat. Please investigate this!

The GOP and the media is so quick to find the moral equivalency on the left to balance the teabagger's violence .... and it doesn't matter if it's just more white college boys wearing pimp suits or white girls attacked by an imaginary black man carving a 'B" into her cheek.

Jean Schmidt's claim needed to involve a seemingly over-the top stereotype angry & violent black man. Cantor's claim needed to include the Left attacking him because he's jewish. And who exactly is fanning the flames?

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/26/10 10:23 AM

Originally Posted By: SgtBaxter
It'd be hilarious if they traced the bullet back to a gun owned by a tea bagger.

I was reading to the end before saying about the same thing:
Perhaps one of his own Yahoos that shot into the air & missed
during an Anti-Obama/Anti-Healthcare Reform/Anti-Obama/
Anti-Gov Take-Over/Anti-Obama/Anti-Democrat/Anti-Obama/
Anti-Liberal/Anti-Obama/Anti-Abortion/Anti-Obama/Pro-Life/
Pro-Handgun Rally/Prayer-Meeting a few blokes away. eek

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/26/10 02:16 PM

Two Obama supporters infiltrated a Teabag Party event in Iowa yesterday ....

laugh

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/26/10 05:21 PM

That's some strong hate speech there! laugh
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/26/10 07:31 PM

All I know is that it isn't very safe to have a bumper sticker on your car that promotes the health care plan right about now, and that my cousin blocked me from his Facebook account because I got into an argument with his (moron) wife.

Seriously, this is something like the civil war. She told me that I was crazy, unhappy with my life, and taking out my unhappiness on others because I couldn't make the government conform to my mold.

In the meantime, she's having babies at specified timeframes so that, as soon as the youngest can go to school full time, she has another one so that she can continue to sit on her lazy fat ass and make her husband (my cousin) support her and her decadent lifestyle. She has four kids so far and just had another one recently. She spends her summers living in their mobile home on a beach on Cape Cod, while he's slaving his butt off up near Boston. In the winter, she lives in their semi-mansion south of Boston. She even had the nerve to tell me that craziness runs in the family! So, if she really believes that, why is she procreating so profusely with someone who has crazy in his genes?

I will write a blog about these things someday, when I'm done with college. Sigh... It will be called "Derelicts in Providence".
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/26/10 07:55 PM

AHA! I have been inspired! http://donnabenevides.wordpress.com/2010/03/11/hello-world/
Posted by: Lea

Re: Right wingnut lunacy - 03/27/10 07:07 AM

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Donna, that's so funny! I remember when blogs first started getting attention, I thought it was so dumb. Who would want to read somebody else's random thoughts. Ha. Today? There are half a dozen I follow regularly. And consider ~ Most of our longer posts here, just like the one you've started your blog with, are just our random thoughts. And infinitely entertaining, too.

Bonus! I can stick my PhotoBucket images in a post again. Double high fives, huh?