We're extremely disappointed...

Posted by: keymaker

We're extremely disappointed... - 09/10/09 08:42 PM

You don't release prisoners just because they're too big for their cells. President Obama should know that on this side of the Atlantic we're extremely disappointed that Big Mike Lapointe was released when he should be serving 5 years for drugs offences.

km
Posted by: garyW

Re: We're extremely disappointed... - 09/10/09 08:54 PM

Yes, Obama should ask Canada if they'd be willing to swap Big Mike Lapointe for Rep. Joe Wilson.

Posted by: padmavyuha

Re: We're extremely disappointed... - 09/11/09 01:47 AM

Perhaps they figured he'd been serving his sentence in parallel, and was the equivalent of two men serving 2.5 years each.
Posted by: carp

Re: We're extremely disappointed... - 09/11/09 11:44 AM

He was released for health reasons and he is not a mass murderer
Posted by: steveg

Re: We're extremely disappointed... - 09/11/09 12:16 PM

Quote:
A letter from the authorities to Lapointe said: "You have been detained for more than 25 months and your prison conditions are difficult because of your health".
Aha! So compassion may only be offered to murderers and terrorists. Thanks for clearing that up. :rolls eyes:
Posted by: padmavyuha

Re: We're extremely disappointed... - 09/11/09 12:37 PM

...and we find ourselves in a cell again...

Re: We're extremely disappointed... - 09/11/09 12:56 PM

They did not mention but I bet he is under house arrest for the remaining 2.5 years and probation after that
Posted by: steveg

Re: We're extremely disappointed... - 09/11/09 01:35 PM

When I was in high school in Cherry Hill, NJ, there was a fairly well-known local wiseguy and bookmaker that lived in my 'hood (very convenient because we were just a few hundred yards from the Garden State Park race track). Anywho, this guy weighed just under 600 lbs, and his nickname, quite appropriately, was Cherry Hill Fats. He finally got busted on some charge or other and was sentenced to 90 days in jail. But because of his size, they had to torch out the bars btwn two cells to accommodate him. And if I remember correctly, they had to feed him 15 or 20 burgers a day! laugh

Re: We're extremely disappointed... - 09/11/09 04:26 PM

Quote:
And if I remember correctly, they had to feed him 15 or 20 burgers a day!

And I bet after 90 days they had to cut more bars to get him out laugh