Militant strike kills Pakistanis

Posted by: keymaker

Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/03/09 03:00 AM

US militants have killed at least 10 persons in a cross border drone attack on Pakistan contravening Art 2(4) UN Charter which provides:

"All Members shall refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any state..."

I'm calling for those responsible to be arrested, questioned and prosecuted for all relevant crimes arising out of this latest homicidal outrage.

km
Posted by: SgtBaxter

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/03/09 04:55 AM

You really have become a predictable bore.

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/03/09 05:11 AM

So have you.

km
Posted by: steveg

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/03/09 09:57 AM

That's no way to talk to the Director of the Department of Redundancy Department Director.

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/03/09 10:00 AM

Ah, but enough a/b the U.S.. How about a little outrage closer to home. Nothing you want to call for here?
Posted by: VarmintBlubber

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/03/09 10:22 AM

I call upon KM to loosen his waistcoat, step down from that mighty marble plinth and chillax!
Posted by: carp

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/03/09 11:05 AM

Quote:
Three missiles hit the hideout of Taliban commander Noor Wali

So all of a sudden killing the enemy is illegal

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/03/09 11:56 AM

Quote:
How about a little outrage closer to home. Nothing you want to call for here?

Well no, not really... only that I call upon the Iranians to observe international standards of behaviour towards the suspects and not to torture or rape or in any way attempt to soundproof any act of sodomy or other perversion on any British captive... or to descend to any kind of racist standard of behaviour towards any person protected by the Crown.. sick

km

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/03/09 12:16 PM

Quote:
attempt to soundproof any act of sodomy
Now that would be an interesting exercise in acoustics. Ew. blush

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/03/09 12:17 PM

Quote:

Well, not all of a sudden... only since the UN Charter of 1945...

km

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/03/09 12:19 PM

Jebus, Max. Loose waistcoats and "soundproof sodomy"!!! shocked What kinda forum do you think this is, anyway? Must soak keyboard in bleach now. Feh! sick

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/03/09 12:25 PM

Killing the enemy has been illegal since 1945? Really. So then every soldier that has ever fought and killed an enemy (forgive me, but isn't that their job, so to speak?) in every war for the past 69 years has committed a crime?

Holy cuh-rap, km, youse gots a lotta callin' fer to do That's one big lot! shocked

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/03/09 12:36 PM

Quote:
So then every soldier that has ever fought and killed an enemy (forgive me, but isn't that their job, so to speak?)

No, to get away with that argument it has to be a lawful act resulting in death... an unlawful act resulting in death is homicide, as I made clear some time ago...

km

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/03/09 01:02 PM

We're talking about wars. Soldiers. Combat. Shooting and killing each other in the prosecution of said wars. You want to replace infantrymen with lawyers now? km, try try try to stay on topic instead of doing another one of your verbal hulas (sorry, carp).

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/03/09 01:36 PM

Originally Posted By: keymaker
Quote:

Well, not all of a sudden... only since the UN Charter of 1945...

km

LOL , you missed read it - So targeting the enemy is illegal , err okay

Show me the link - I will read it for you

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/03/09 01:55 PM

Quote:
Show me the link

I already have... Art 2(4) UN Charter... if you don't like it, don't sign it... if you accept it, sign it, and then don't try to wriggle out of it...

km

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/03/09 02:14 PM

Quote:
Article 2(4) of the United Nations Charter
All Members shall refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any state, or in any other manner inconsistent with the Purposes of the United Nations.

Reading this says the Taliban is guilty - They have constantly invaded Afghanistan and Pakistan as militants . Keep in mind they are not a state or even a government they are simply terrorist .

Your Article 2(4) of the United Nations Charter - makes no mention of a state like Afghanistan or Pakistan NOT having the right to defend themselves from Taliban Militants - Which is the case for targeting a Taliban training camp

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/03/09 02:36 PM

Quote:
Article 2(4) of the United Nations Charter All Members shall refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any state, or in any other manner inconsistent with the Purposes of the United Nations.

Reading this says the Taliban is guilty

No, the United States is guilty... i.e. as a member whereas the Taleban is not a member and so is not bound...

km

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/03/09 03:11 PM

I just love the slack you cut these people (the Taliban, that is).

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/03/09 05:24 PM

Originally Posted By: steveg
I just love the slack you cut these people (the Taliban, that is).

Don't you love the way km defends murderers and terrorist

Al-Qeada bombs a market in Iraq killing 200 women and children , not a peep from km - but the US bombs a Taliban Training Camp that kills the enemy , look out he wants justice

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/03/09 05:25 PM

Quote:
Article 2(4) of the United Nations Charter All Members shall refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any state, or in any other manner inconsistent with the Purposes of the United Nations.

Reading this says the Taliban is guilty

No, the United States is guilty... i.e. as a member whereas the Taleban is not a member and so is not bound...

km

LOL - LOL

So not being a member - I guess I can kill at will - Your so funny

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/04/09 02:33 AM

Quote:
You want to replace infantrymen with lawyers now?

That's right - get the infantrymen out because they broke the rules in a bad way and get the lawyers in to process all the cases.

km

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/04/09 02:45 AM

Quote:
So not being a member - I guess I can kill at will

No, non members can't kill at will - only in self-defence. As it happens you're a member anyway and members aren't allowed to trespass onto someone's else's land so if they do that and kill someone that'll be a case of homicide.

km

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/04/09 02:59 AM

Quote:
Don't you love the way km defends murderers and terrorist... Al-Qeada bombs a market in Iraq killing 200 women and children , not a peep from km

How does saying nothing amount to defending murderers and terrorists?

Quote:
... but the US bombs a Taliban Training Camp that kills the enemy , look out he wants justice

You've already been told off once for trying to apply the same standards of behaviour to the United States as to proscribed organisations but as it happens the Taleban are entitled to resist our incursions because we've broken the law.

km

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/04/09 03:23 AM

So, are you volunteering, councilor?

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/04/09 03:36 AM

Quote:
You've already been told off once
Oooooo. Y'hear that, carp? You in a heap o' trouble now, boy. shocked

Reminds me of the old joke about the ant that's got the hots for a certain elephant. One day, as the amorous ant is sitting on a tree branch, the object of his desire passes below. The ant jumps onto the back of the elephant and begins humping her with passionate abandon.

Just then, a coconut falls from the tree and hits the oblivious pachyderm on the head. "OW!", she grunts, somewhat startled.

The now profusely perspiring insect stops what he's doing and asks, "Wassamattah, honey? Did I hoit youse?"

blush grin laugh

Now remember, carp. Youse have been told off!

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/04/09 10:43 AM

Quote:
So not being a member - I guess I can kill at will

No, non members can't kill at will - only in self-defence. As it happens you're a member anyway and members aren't allowed to trespass onto someone's else's land so if they do that and kill someone that'll be a case of homicide.

km

You seem to forgot that Pakistan itself is fighting the same enemy and could use the extra help and the Taliban is not a country or government there is no boarders to speak of .

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/04/09 10:46 AM

Quote:
Now remember, carp. Youse have been told off!

I wonder when that happened laugh I believe he thinks when I get tired of the circle jerk and stop responding he thinks he won the debate = told someone off laugh

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/04/09 11:26 AM

Quote:
I wonder when that happened I believe he thinks when I get tired of the circle jerk and stop responding he thinks he won the debate = told someone off

Not me... I seem to recall poly telling you off for having such low expectations of your own country... but I could be wrong. whistle

km

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/04/09 11:50 AM

You are wrong

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/04/09 12:08 PM

Okay, well don't have such low expectations of your own country then... eek

km

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/04/09 12:28 PM

I have very high expectations , as even Obama says we will seek out terrorist no matter where they are , it's every countries right to defend themselves

Now if the US targeted Pakistani National Troops I would agree with you - but in this case it was a Taliban Militant Training Camp , I am sure they were not training for summer fun activities .

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/04/09 12:49 PM

Quote:
even Obama says we will seek out terrorist no matter where they are...

Yeah but he can't unilaterally start altering the terms of an international treaty.

Quote:
it's every countries right to defend themselves

Well, self-defence is confined to lawful acts not trespassory ones.

Quote:
if the US targeted Pakistani National Troops I would agree with you - but in this case it was a Taliban Militant Training Camp , I am sure they were not training for summer fun activities .

That's the same as giving a pass to al Qaeda for their attack on the Pentagon...

km

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/04/09 03:37 PM

LOL

Okay lets say North Korea attacks South Korea , by your thinking South Korea has no right to defend them selves - Is that what your saying ?

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/04/09 03:43 PM

Quote:
Okay lets say North Korea attacks...

Not allowed... Art 2(4).

km

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/04/09 03:51 PM

Quote:
Okay lets say North Korea attacks...

Not allowed... Art 2(4).

km

LOL - Bingo you finally got it

Please remind the Taliban to not cross the Pakistani boarder into Afghanistan to murder Afghanistan civilians . This is a sure fire way to prevent Afghanistan crossing the boarder into Pakistan to defend themselves from future attacks .

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/04/09 03:57 PM

Quote:
Please remind the Taliban to not cross the Pakistani boarder

Taliban not a member...

km

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/04/09 05:19 PM

LOL

Again so the Taliban has full right to cross boarders and murder civilians ? Is that what your saying

Again Afghanistan has full right to defend themselves from an enemy WHO crosses boarders , and then retreats back "thinking they are safe" , and then crosses the boarder to attack once again <-- clearly that is a known fact

You did not answer my question about what if North Korea attacked South Korea ? You only mentioned a UN resolution that does not in anyway mentions a defending country ? Such as South Korea and Afghanistan .

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/04/09 10:41 PM

Quote:
so the Taliban has full right to cross boarders...

Make your mind up - I thought there were "no boarders to speak of"?

Quote:
Afghanistan has full right to defend themselves from an enemy WHO crosses boarders

No, it lost the right when it failed to stop civilian attacks being launched from its territory.

Quote:
<-- clearly that is a known fact

Actually it's not a known fact but a known assertion.

Quote:
... what if North Korea attacked South Korea ? You only mentioned a UN resolution that does not in anyway mentions a defending country ?.

Yes, I answered it... since any such strike would be unlawful it follows that the South would have the right to self-defence... just like the Taleban does.

km

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/05/09 10:44 AM

Quote:
since any such strike would be unlawful it follows that the South would have the right to self-defence... just like the Taleban does.

LOL
Well you got half right , yes the South has that right to defend themselves - key word is aggressor - Just like Afghanistan has the full right to defend themselves from the aggressor Taliban

Quote:
No, it lost the right when it failed to stop civilian attacks being launched from its territory.

Taliban lost that right because they are the aggressor . They constantly crosses the boarder into Afghanistan and attacks their civilian people their police and their armed national forces they even attack school girls

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/05/09 10:51 AM

Quote:
Taliban lost that right because they are the aggressor

I don't know about that... holding women and children down and raping them at gunpoint is quite aggressive... sick

km

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/05/09 10:59 AM

So throwing acid and killing school girls is not ?

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/05/09 11:11 AM

Quote:
So throwing acid and killing school girls is not ?

Like I said - you need to raise the expectations you have of your own countrymen to a higher plane... as things stand the alleged actions of the Taleban and the crimes of the USA are just as bad as each other.

km

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/05/09 12:13 PM

Like I said we have high expectations , maybe you should raise yours

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/05/09 12:18 PM

Somehow I just know you'd have a rationalization for the Big T's behavior.

Well, I guess I needn't reset my expectations of you, km. Same ol' same ol'.

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/05/09 12:28 PM

Quote:
Like I said we have high expectations...

That doesn't really stand up to scrutiny... all Europe and many other nations besides committed themselves to the jurisdiction of the International Criminal Court over genocide, crimes against humanity and war crimes but the US opted out... why any supposedly democractic nation would want the freedom to commit such crimes remains unexplained.

Quote:
...maybe you should raise yours

No, the gap would get even bigger then... since our standards are higher than yours it would be better for you to raise yours a bit to even things out...

km

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/05/09 12:31 PM

Quote:
Somehow I just know you'd have a rationalization for the Big T's behavior.

What, persons in fear of murder rape or torture have a right of self defence? Fairly standard - accepted everywhere apart from the States, apparently.

km

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/05/09 12:43 PM

Please, Mr. Monovision. Save your bias for someone else. Few here are still buying your monotonous anti-American "callings for". We've been listening to it for nigh on eight years now, and the only recent nuance that's been added is your periodic rant against Gay Pride. Tell me, did you call upon the organizers of yesterday's London parade to knock it off? If U.S. drones had fired missiles into that crowd you'd have been totally flummoxed!

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/05/09 12:45 PM

Quote:
all Europe and many other nations besides committed themselves to the jurisdiction of the International Criminal Court over genocide, crimes against humanity and war crimes but the US opted out.

LOL
Oh really ? name them for me
Seems to me your right there in the middle of the war - not to mention since the Taliban is the aggressor they are accused of genocide, crimes against humanity and war crimes

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/05/09 01:01 PM

Quote:
Oh really ? name them for me

What all of 'em? Oh, alright then...

Afghanistan
Albania
Andorra
Antigua and Barbuda
Argentina
Australia
Austria
Barbados
Belgium
Belize
Benin
Bolivia
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Botswana
Brazil
Bulgaria
Burkina Faso
Burundi
Cambodia
Canada
Central African Republic
Chad
Chile
Colombia
Comoros
Congo
Cook Islands
Costa Rica
Croatia
Cyprus
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Denmark
Djibouti
Dominica
Dominican Republic
Ecuador
Estonia
Fiji
Finland
France
Gabon
Gambia
Georgia
Germany
Ghana
Greece
Guinea
Guyana
Honduras
Hungary
Iceland
Ireland
Italy
Japan
Jordan
Kenya
Latvia
Lesotho
Liberia
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Macedonia
Madagascar
Malawi
Mali
Malta
Marshall Islands
Mauritius
Mexico
Mongolia
Montenegro
Namibia
Nauru
Netherlands
New Zealand
Niger
Nigeria
Norway
Panama
Paraguay
Peru
Poland
Portugal
Republic of Korea
Romania
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Samoa
San Marino
Senegal
Serbia
Sierra Leone
Slovakia
Slovenia
South Africa
Spain
Surinam
Sweden
Switzerland
Tajikistan
Timor-Leste
Trinidad and Tobago
Uganda
United Kingdom
United Republic of Tanzania
Uruguay
Venezuela
Zambia

Quote:
Seems to me your right there in the middle of the war

Yeah, we are... but we're not raping anyone in a legal vacuum. sick

km

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/05/09 01:10 PM

Well all those countries would certainly cross boarders to defend themselves - even you agree to that . Much like Afghanistan has the same right against the Taliban .

You keep mentioning rape is this another Allegation like it's the truth ? has it been proven in court yet ?

Just in case you missed the definition of the word allegation

Quote:
allegation |&#716;ali&#712;g&#257; sh &#601;n|
noun
a claim or assertion that someone has done something illegal or wrong, typically one made without proof : he made allegations of corruption against the administration | allegations that the army was operating a shoot-to-kill policy.

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/05/09 01:44 PM

Quote:
Well all those countries would certainly cross boarders to defend themselves

They wouldn't have the right to cross borders to defend criminal acts like rape.

Quote:
You keep mentioning rape is this another Allegation...

Yeah, it's an allegation... Maj Gen Taguba collected evidence of 400 incidents of abuse including the homosexual rape of a minor...

“I saw [name ] ******* a kid, his age would be about 15 to 18 years. The kid was hurting very bad and they covered all the doors with sheets. Then when I heard screaming I climbed the door because on top it wasn’t covered and I saw [name] who was wearing the military uniform, putting his **** in the little kid’s ***…. and the female soldier was taking pictures".

Quote:
has it been proven in court yet ?

At the moment the evidence is being suppressed by presidential decree because in the States rape can be a state secret.

km

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/05/09 02:19 PM

Your fascination with this topic is worrisome — compulsive, in fact. How you manage to nudge virtually every thread, no matter what topic it begins with, toward this same issue boggles the imagination.

No one has ever argued that these alleged crimes represent mankind at its worst. No one has ever argued that the perps and their enablers need to be screwed to the wall for the rest of their lives. But you just can't let go of it — even for a day. Worse, you talk as if such crimes were invented, patented, and solely owned and practiced by the U.S. No other country on the planet has ever engaged in horrific human rights violations. No other faction has ever raped, murdered, beheaded, falsely imprisoned or tortured. No government — other than the bloody U.K. has ever gotten it's justice system right.

Good gawd, man. How do you breath in that vacuum?

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/05/09 02:53 PM

Quote:
Well all those countries would certainly cross boarders to defend themselves

Meaning armed conflict , that is whats going on defending Afghanistan from an invader such as the Taliban

Quote:
They wouldn't have the right to cross borders to defend criminal acts like rape.

What in the H3ll are you talking about ?

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/05/09 03:10 PM

Quote:
Your fascination with this topic is worrisome...

Territorial integrity? As long as the US keeps launching cross border raids I'll prolly keep mentioning Art 2(4)... the monotonous regularity is in the incursions themselves.

Quote:
How you manage to nudge virtually every thread, no matter what topic it begins with, toward this same issue boggles the imagination.

Well, if you look carefully at the thread you'll see that most of the nudging has been done by carp - I've simply responded to it because he keeps claiming the right of self-defence for the wrong side.

Quote:
Worse, you talk as if such crimes were invented, patented, and solely owned and practiced by the U.S.

No I don't agree with that... I was commenting on another cross border raid into Pakistan but I also provided a list of nations that have agreed not to commit international crimes... nations who don't mind include Burma, China, Congo, North Korea, Sudan, United States and Zimbabwe but of those only the States was involved in the Pakistan job.

km

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/05/09 03:36 PM

Quote:

You know, events at the facilities investigated by Maj Gen Taguba.

km

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/05/09 04:11 PM

Quote:

You know, events at the facilities investigated by Maj Gen Taguba.

km

Your back to ALLEGATIONS agin - wait till the investigation is complete

Just incase you missed the definition

Quote:
allegation |&#716;ali&#712;g&#257; sh &#601;n|
noun
a claim or assertion that someone has done something illegal or wrong, typically one made without proof : he made allegations of corruption against the administration | allegations that the army was operating a shoot-to-kill policy

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/05/09 04:12 PM

Some body get this man tongue depressor and a jar of Vaseline. His head's stuck again. No wonder he can't breath.

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/05/09 04:17 PM

Quote:
As long as the US keeps launching cross border raids I'll prolly keep mentioning Art 2(4)... the monotonous regularity is in the incursions themselves.

This is where you are wrong and you already agreed that Afghanistan has the right to defend themselves from invaders from Pakistan , they are called Taliban

If you want to keep mentioning Art 2(4). <-- which does NOT apply to Afghanistan defending themselves from invaders - Then you are more welcome too keep this thread going

I am getting out of this mindless circle jerk

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/05/09 10:10 PM

Quote:
you already agreed that Afghanistan has the right to defend themselves from invaders from Pakistan

No I didn't agree with that... I said that Afghanistan lost the right to self-defence when it failed to stop civilian strikes being launched from its territory. Self-defence isn't available to persons who commit or conspire with others to commit international crimes.

km

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/05/09 10:51 PM

Quote:
Save your bias for someone else.

Bias?

Quote:
Few here are still buying your monotonous anti-American "callings for".

Anti-American? I'm anti atrocity not anti-American.

Quote:
We've been listening to it for nigh on eight years now,

No that's wrong... everyone knows that I condemned 9/11 and applauded the Queen's order to the Coldstream Guards to play the Star Spangled Banner outside Buckingham Palace as a tribute to those who lost their lives. I objected to Iraq because it was against the law - that was 6 years ago.

Quote:
... and the only recent nuance that's been added is your periodic rant against Gay Pride. Tell me, did you call upon the organizers of yesterday's London parade to knock it off?

Doh, trust you to bring the gays into it... the only problem I've got with the parades is that being gay is nothing to be proud of - are you proud of being heterosexual? There's something seriously screwed though about paying people to attend the parades to make them seem better supported than they really are - especially when the money could be used for mainstream health care instead.

Quote:
If U.S. drones had fired missiles into that crowd you'd have been totally flummoxed!

Flummoxed? You can't fire missiles on people just because they're gay... you're only allowed to fire them on those whom you reasonably suppose want to commit gay rape or torture and get away with it.

km

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/06/09 03:45 AM

*yaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwnnnnn*

Re: Militant strike kills Pakistanis - 07/06/09 03:47 AM

sleep