why Sen. McCain is not president

Posted by: newkojak

why Sen. McCain is not president - 06/17/09 08:03 AM

McCain: Obama should declare Iran election 'a sham'

I would have to say that most of the Republicans in congress have been reasonably constrained when it comes to the current unrest in Iran.... except for Sen. McCain.

This is a perfect example of what is wrong with Sen. McCain. He impulsively sees short term political gain in the United States to grandstand on a foreign policy issue without considering what the consequences of his ideas are. So long that McCain can score political points, he'll do it.

Country first!
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: why Sen. McCain is not president - 06/17/09 08:58 AM

That is exactly what the previous badministration would have done.

Short term gain for years of damage. crazy

Re: why Sen. McCain is not president - 06/17/09 09:14 AM

I don't get a chance to give Bush and company much credit for anything, but I think putting a big stars and stripes stamp on the Green Revolution is too reckless even for the likes of Dick Cheney.

Who knows what Sen. McCain even would be doing right now if he was given the chance. If he were president, there would not be any short term political gain to grandstanding the way he can do right now from the sidelines.
Posted by: DLC

Re: why Sen. McCain is not president - 06/17/09 09:19 AM

Originally Posted By: newkojak
McCain: Obama should declare Iran election 'a sham'

I would have to say that most of the Republicans in congress have been reasonably constrained when it comes to the current unrest in Iran.... except for Sen. McCain.

This is a perfect example of what is wrong with Sen. McCain. He impulsively sees short term political gain in the United States to grandstand on a foreign policy issue without considering what the consequences of his ideas are. So long that McCain can score political points, he'll do it.
Country first!

ah . . .you mean . . ah, like PALIN !! wink

laugh

Re: why Sen. McCain is not president - 06/17/09 09:34 AM

That's precisely why those two belonged together. They are both focused less on actual reason and saying anything with consequence than they are obsessed with their own outrage at this or that tiny, tiny thing.
Posted by: carp

Re: why Sen. McCain is not president - 06/17/09 11:25 AM

McCain is wrong , again

fwiw;
Iran is already claiming that the US is meddling in its affairs ? wtf
Obama being smart to stay the distance

Re: why Sen. McCain is not president - 06/17/09 11:28 AM

Originally Posted By: newkojak
That's precisely why those two belonged together. They are both focused less on actual reason and saying anything with consequence than they are obsessed with their own outrage at this or that tiny, tiny thing.

Ah come on we know that McCain can see Iran from his window laugh

Re: why Sen. McCain is not president - 06/17/09 02:17 PM

Quote:
Ah come on we know that McCain can see Iran from his window laugh

he thinks the desert view to the south is Iran, not realizing that desert is actually in northern Mexico or maybe N. Mexico !! wink

you know one would think that since not one of those "Iranians" climbing over his fence was (1) wearing a turban and (2) leading burros and not camels, he'd figured the real situation out. . . poor John . . laugh
Posted by: polymerase

Re: why Sen. McCain is not president - 06/18/09 11:51 AM

The more I read McCain's reponse and how Iran's leaders are using his response the madder I get.

McCain cannot think past making his 21% happy. He could be tearing down any progress to get a different government in Iran but he doesn't care. All he can do is rattle sabers. That is how Bush got us Amhadinijad in the first place.
Posted by: garyW

Re: why Sen. McCain is not president - 06/18/09 11:57 AM

This is how McCain got us Palin. Also.

Posted by: MacBozo

Re: why Sen. McCain is not president - 06/18/09 11:58 AM

GOP = the party of no change.
Posted by: Celandine

Re: why Sen. McCain is not president - 06/18/09 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By: garyW

blush McCain wants to screw Iran???

eek

Re: why Sen. McCain is not president - 06/18/09 02:34 PM

Originally Posted By: garyW

Ghee Gary - Palin brings some great comic relief , we need her for that .

I can see Russia from my window

Don't let Palin shoot you from a helicopter

During a lop sided conversation = ( I've been Palined )

Somebody gotta write a book of Palin one liners laugh

Posted by: garyW

Re: why Sen. McCain is not president - 06/18/09 02:36 PM

I'm sure that McCain's 21% must be pleased.

Re: why Sen. McCain is not president - 06/18/09 02:46 PM

And remember he's the one that sang "Bomb, Bomb, Bomb . . Bomb, Bomb Iran !!" I'm sure that makes both the extremists & the moderates happy and secure ! ... and that video clip has been all over the planet !

GOP must be for "Got "0" Perception!"

or maybe "Got "0" Patience!" (describes W and Iraq to a tee.) ;-)