Sen. Ted "Tubes" Stevens behind in vote count!

Posted by: newkojak

Sen. Ted "Tubes" Stevens behind in vote count! - 11/13/08 05:58 PM

Anchorage Daily News: Begich takes lead in latest vote count

Well well well... if there is one thing that we have all learned from all of this, it's that the Internet is definitely not a truck.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Sen. Ted "Tubes" Stevens behind in vote count! - 11/13/08 06:44 PM

well if the absentee and early votesbreak for him as they have for Obama and most Dems , he should take the day, and BE #58 !! Then if AL (MN) and Martin (GA) can get in, we'll have our 60!!
(provided that backstabbing Lieberman doesn't turn on us again !). whistle

even if we finish with 58 or 59... there may be come NE Republican Senators that might be persuaded to vote our way. They're far different from the southern or western states. wink
Posted by: newkojak

Re: Sen. Ted "Tubes" Stevens behind in vote count! - 11/13/08 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: DLC
even if we finish with 58 or 59... there may be come NE Republican Senators that might be persuaded to vote our way. They're far different from the southern or western states. wink

That's just the thing. I don't really think that 60 is going to matter as long as Lieberman, Snowe, Collins, and a few others are in the Senate. They would have to join whatever filibuster the Republican leadership would want to throw up.

I really don't think that the Senate Democrats should be aiming for legislation good enough to get a 60-vote majority though. I bet budgets might be a little bit difficult around taxes, but I hope much of President Elect Obama and the Democratic Party's priorities are geared toward 75-80 vote majorities in the Senate.