CNN Lou Dobbs Mexico/US Wall building

Posted by: KateSorensen

CNN Lou Dobbs Mexico/US Wall building - 11/12/08 01:55 PM

I guess it must have been a teaser for Lou's show where he is interviewing Ted Turner.

Ted said something like Lou always looked maybe mad or mean when talking about immigrants/illegals/hispanics and the building of the wall, which I guess Lou supports.

He told Lou to remember Reagan saying, "Tear down that wall!" and it came down eventually. He pointed out we're now building walls like the Mexico border one and the Palestinian/Israli one.

Turner said, "Tear down those walls!"

Me? How do I feel about the walls?

Waste of money that we could be something constructive with. Walls won't keep Hispanics out of the US. Where there is a way, they'll find it. Find another way of dealing with them. Make it illegal and a big fine to hire them. Give them some sort of 'pass' to work at times when they are needed.

Let's have Hispanics apply thru the immigration process that peoples from other countries have to use, and wait to get in legally. There has got to be a way of doing that.

smile

oh, and I guess I should add, Lou Dobbs program is a real downer!! He and all his participants think NO one has done ANYTHING right/properly/ethically/morally/legally/etc.

/rant
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: CNN Lou Dobbs Mexico/US Wall building - 11/12/08 02:00 PM

A CNN 'grump' I do like is Jack Cafferty!

I think he's really a pu$$ycat and entertaining with his small bits and contributions.

smile
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: CNN Lou Dobbs Mexico/US Wall building - 11/12/08 02:16 PM

Lou belongs to the same mindset as Rush. He'll never be happy until we are driven back to 1952.
Posted by: macdavid

Re: CNN Lou Dobbs Mexico/US Wall building - 11/12/08 03:28 PM

"Tear down those walls!"

Let's tear down the walls around the newly second-classed citizens of California!
Posted by: Lea

Re: CNN Lou Dobbs Mexico/US Wall building - 11/12/08 04:03 PM

I'd love to personally give Lou a tour of the border. The places I could take him . . .

Posted by: carp

Re: CNN Lou Dobbs Mexico/US Wall building - 11/12/08 05:15 PM

Quote:
Waste of money that we could be something constructive with. Walls won't keep Hispanics out of the US. Where there is a way, they'll find it.

Walls or fences to me are stupid , but it does sorta help to keep the stupid ones out sorta - All ya need is a passport or VISA to get in and then just disappear . Much better then a long track across the boarder , paying them "Coyotes" , this sorta weeds out the undesirables . IMO

Quote:
Let's have Hispanics apply thru the immigration process that peoples from other countries have to use, and wait to get in legally.

I agree this process needs to be looked at and currently should not take a decade for them to get legal