"get in their faces"...

Posted by: IMinTheWind

"get in their faces"... - 10/23/08 02:30 PM

McCain supporter robbed, assaulted<br><br>A knife-wielding man robbed a Texas woman and etched a "B" into her face after he saw a John McCain bumper sticker on the woman's car, Pittsburgh police said.<br><br>Ashley Todd, 20, of College Station, Texas, was using an ATM at Liberty Avenue and Pearl Street in Bloomfield just before 9 p.m. Wednesday when a man approached her, put a knife to her throat and demanded $60, police said.<br><br>Todd handed the man $60 she had in her pocket and stepped away from him, investigators said. The man then noticed the bumper sticker on the woman's car, which was parked in front of the ATM. The man became very angry, made comments to Todd about McCain and punched her in the back of the head, knocking her to the ground, police said.<br><br>The man then carved the "B" into Todd's right cheek. Todd, who isn't familiar with the area, drove to a friend's house nearby and told her friend she wasn't sure of the exact location where the robbery took place but remembered a green sign above the ATM. The friend called police and the officer met them on Cypress Street in Bloomfield, police said.<br><br>Todd's friend offered to drive her back in the direction she came from to look at ATMs until she found the right one, police said. A police officer followed until Todd pointed out a Citizens Bank ATM at Liberty and Pearl, police said.<br><br>Todd declined to comment. Friends said she is in Pittsburgh volunteering for the McCain-Palin campaign.<br><br>"We are aware that there was an incident and we are aware of the stories circulating on the Web, but the victim is very shaken up right now, and out of concerns for her privacy, we are not going to confirm if she works for us," said campaign spokesman Peter Feldman.<br><br>Police described the suspect as black, about 6-foot-4, and said he was wearing dark-colored jeans and a black undershirt.<br><br>The ATM has a security camera and investigators are trying to watch the video, police said.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>keep the change
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/23/08 02:37 PM

Damn that Obama. Who the hell does he think he is?<br><br>
Posted by: DLC

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/23/08 03:28 PM

While this is totally despicable and horrendous and I hope they nail the bassterd...<br><br>however it no way reflects on Obama or his supporters - <br><br>the man is just a criminal... don't try to link it to Obama or because the criminal is black.<br><br>IF you do you're wrong... <br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: garyW

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/23/08 03:36 PM

A black dyslexic, politically motivated mugger.... just in time to ramp up the racial tension.<br><br><br><br><br>Black man (Obama supporter) robs and then returns to the crime scene to attack a white woman (McCain supporter). <br><br>A backwards "B" (as if you looked into a mirror and did it), and refused medical attention for the "carved" "mutilation". Does the black eye even look legit?<br><br><br><br><br>I'm sorry to be the skeptic, but this story looks pretty faked for "carved" & "mutilated". My bet is she'll end up as a New American Hero in tomorrow's McCain speech.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/23/08 04:11 PM

Well here's the problem, it COULD be legit, but considering all the personal attacks, outright LIES, and sleeze coming from the GOP, one can't be 100% it's not a triclk and race baiting.<br><br>I don't think it is as long as there'a a police report with documentation. BUT IF this turns out to be a scam, this will be the dirtiest trick some Republicans have played yet.<br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: steveg

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/23/08 04:20 PM

Good for you Windy. It's better to articulate your fantasies than to keep them bottled up inside where they can putrefy and become so corrosive that they attack your brain and destroy your ability to think rationally and move productively within society and you become a deluded shrieking maniac and...<br><br>Damn. Too late.<br><br>*smooches, big fella*<br><br>

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/23/08 04:25 PM

garyW:<br>DLC:<br>steveg:<br><br>Should Obama lose, will you accept what democracy decides?<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>keep the change

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/23/08 04:27 PM

<br>IMinTheWind:<br><br>Should Obama win, will you STFU?<br><br><br><br>

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/23/08 04:32 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>IMinTheWind:<br><br>Should Obama win, will you STFU?<p><hr></blockquote><p>You want Obama to silence me?<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>keep the change

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/23/08 04:48 PM

Should McStain win, will you accept the fact the the U.S. is destined to become the largest third-world country?<br><br>

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/23/08 04:49 PM

Anyone will do.<br><br>

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/23/08 04:54 PM

Not a CHANCE.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>keep the change

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/23/08 04:56 PM

even rightwingnut Michelle Malkin isn't buying it.<br><br>"Hate crimes hoaxes — by anyone, of any political persuasion, and of any color — diminish us all."<br><br><br>Seems like Palin and McCain have already issued statements and made phonecalls to the "victim'.<br><br><br><br><br><br>Pictures from the "victim"'s Twitter page:<br><br><br><br>

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/23/08 04:58 PM

You da MAN!<br><br>

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/23/08 06:55 PM

IF it's fair and not like 2000!!<br><br>The SC should have BUTTED out.. it was a state issue.<br><br>And look what we got ... a dumb fokker, that you probably voted for, dude !<br>Do you accept Bush is a total failure ?<br><br>David (OFI)

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/23/08 10:41 PM

The police are going to give her a polygraph. Reports are she's been totally inconsistant with her story, her "proof" proves not to be true with the "crime scene". It seems that the PA police may not like getting lied to. They're checking all of the surveillance cameras in the area.<br><br>Faking a hate crime, blaming a black Obama supporting mugger... in PA.<br><br>And Drudge exagerates the claim to incite racial tensions.<br><br><br>Who's stepping up to verify her claim .... the man on the left, plunger thrust high in the air, is Charlie Smith – the National Chairman of the College Republicans... who "victim" Ashsley Todd works with.<br><br><br><br><br>So, is it now conspiracy to enact a hate crime hoax to influence the election?<br><br> <br><br>
Posted by: MrB

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/23/08 11:06 PM

what I find strange is that she didn't know which ATm it happend at. Was she driving around not knowing where she was then how did she find her friend. I suppose it's possible but raises a flag for me, as it makes it hard to confirm.<br><br>Also, she denied medical treatment which would have given her more evidence of the crime. AS it is, we don't know if there really was a carving on her face. <br><br>dave<br><br><br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by MrB on 10/23/08 11:09 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/23/08 11:37 PM

The seriousness of this thing is what's striking, and the way Drudge pimped it is reckless. Faking a mugging and gruesome violence on a campaign volunteer to try to promote racial hatred against a black candidate. Think about that for a moment. <br><br>But the campaign goes on, let's see if McCain and Palin make her a martyr tomorrow in their attempt to demonize Obama supporters. Knowing McCain, I bet he'll use it to demonize Obama.<br><br><br>If it is proven that she is lying I hope there's some serious jail time for her. <br>What are the consequences for Drudge? This is what was on his popular site for 2 hours Thursday afternoon ... with no story linked to it.<br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/24/08 04:42 AM

I'm no doctor, (but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express) but her black eye is black. The attack took place at 9PM on Wednesday. The photo of her face was taken either shortly after or by Thursday morning. Anyone get a black eye lately? Periorbital hematomas don't turn black like in "I Love Lucy" reruns. They take a couple of days to turn black. The first 24 hours usually swollen and red. Then you start getting blood pooling from the broken blood vessels as the blood seeps into the fatty tissue around the eye. This is a blue phase but the bruise has a red tinge. Around 48 hours later the blood turns completely black after it is all oxidized. If her story is true she was at the point where someone taking the picture would have said, "wow, you are going to have a black eye." They take some time to fully develop to all black with no red or blue.<br><br>I'm skeptical. I think she was hit much earlier. Then she got the bright idea. She spent some time using the eraser of a pencil to rub her skin a little raw putting a B on her face. A blunt object, not a knife, made the B. She did it in a mirror and so put it on backwards. Maybe she had a few drinks and did not realize that mistake.<br><br>When does a robber say, "give me 60 bucks"? I thought the international sign for robbery interaction was, "give me all your money."<br><br>If her story is true, it is a sad tale of one man being a vile person. He should be found and prosecuted and spend some time in jail. If her story is false it is a sad tale of a vile person. She should be prosecuted and spend some time in jail. Drudge and Iminthewind should then do some soul searching concerning their premature fanning of the flames of racial hatred. Even if her story is false they should think about it. Why does this story deserve national or even internet prominence?<br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/24/08 05:16 AM

<br><br>March '04. The evening of the morning I got clocked at the 33rd St. 6 subway entrance in Manhattan. Two titanium plates, eight screws and nearly five years later, I still have nerve entrapment and slight numbness on that side of my face. Hard to get hit in the eye with enough force to cause a shiner and nothing else.<br><br>Smells bogus to me.<br><br>
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/24/08 06:25 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>When does a robber say, "give me 60 bucks"? <p><hr></blockquote><p>Yeah, really. If she had a hundred dollar bill, does she get change back?<br><br>

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/24/08 06:34 AM

The assailant also said " I am going to turn you into an Obama supporter" before he carefully etched her face with the dyslexic B making sure to do it slowly and evenly so as not to chance any permanent scaring. Between her blog and all the reports this guy was quite the chatty Kathy while he pinned her down at 9PM on a busy sidewalk in the Little Italy of Pittsburgh where it is known it might not be healthy for black people to be after dark.<br><br>Michele Malkin thinks it is bogus. She's always right. <br><br>
Posted by: SgtBaxter

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/24/08 09:20 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p><br>I'm skeptical. I think she was hit much earlier.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>I think it's mascara and a fingernail.<br><br>If that was a legit black eye, like you say it's the very waning end of one, weeks on in the process. I've had a few in my lifetime to know.<br><br><br>Hey I'm an F'n Jerk!®

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/24/08 10:33 AM

http://kdka.com/<br><br>A Pittsburgh police commander says a volunteer for the McCain campaign who reported being robbed and attacked near a bank ATM in Bloomfield has confessed to making up the story. Police say charges will be filed. More details to follow.<br><br>
Posted by: Clark

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/24/08 11:10 AM

KDKA is the only news media saying that she has "confessed" so far, at least.<br>But her story is so far fetched that you know it is all one big lie.<br>She lies so badly, I wonder if she is related to Casey Anthony?<br><br>From the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review:<br><br>Pittsburgh Police say a McCain-Palin Campaign volunteer who reported she was attacked by a supporter of Sen. Barrack Obama has changed parts of her story.<br><br>Ashley Todd, 20, is now telling investigators that the man who robbed her outside a Bloomfield ATM on Wednesday night also groped and sexually assaulted her.<br><br>She also says she lost consciousness during part of the attack near Liberty Avenue.<br><br>"She indicated that when he had her on the ground, he put his hand up her blouse and started fondling her," said police spokeswoman Diane Richard. "But other than that, she says she doesn't remember anything else."<br><br>Richard said the attack happened outside the view of the Citizens Bank surveillance cameras.<br><br>Detectives retrieved photos from the cameras but none depict Todd standing in front of the ATM machine, Richard said.<br><br>Todd was questioned by detectives for nearly five hours last night. She initially told police she was standing at the ATM when a man approached her from behind, put a knife to her neck and demanded money. She said she gave him the $60 she had in her pocket and stepped away.<br><br>Todd initially said the robber noticed a John McCain bumper sticker on her car and became enraged. She told police he punched the back of her head, knocked her to the ground and continued punching and kicking her before scratching a backward letter "B" in her right cheek with the knife.<br><br>She now is telling investigators she was attacked on nearby Pearl Street after walking away from her car. She also told police she isn't sure if it was her bumper sticker or a campaign button on her jacket that angered her attacker.<br><br>She has also changed her story to say she doesn't remember giving the attacker any money; she assumes he must have taken the cash she had on her, police said.<br><br>Police administered a polygraph test to Todd this morning, but declined to release the results. They plan to bring her in today again for further questioning.<br><br>

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/24/08 11:40 AM

It's now lighting up on the internet that Asley Todd is being arrested for making a false report. What does Drudge say ... developing. <br><br><br> Boston Herald [color:red]<br><br>Maurita Bryant, the assistant chief of the police department’s investigations division, says 20-year-old Ashley Todd is being charged with making a false report to police.</font color=red><br><br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/24/08 11:46 AM

[color:blue]Bryant says Todd can’t explain why she invented the story or explain how the "B” was scratched onto her face.</font color=blue><br><br>Humm , college prank maybe ? or something seriously wrong with this gal<br><br>

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/24/08 11:48 AM

Red Sox fan?<br><br>
Posted by: Celandine

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/24/08 11:56 AM

BIG Difference!<br><br>Your orbital area is visibly swollen from above your brow nearly to your mouth.<br><br>...and it's in livid Technicolor! ...none of the smeared make-up "black".<br><br>They splashed a full color photo of her across the page ...but in deference to her <br>privacy, they refuse to disclose whether she WORKS FOR THEM ...or not. <br><br>BTW: she said "knife" I'm guessing one of those serrated plastic knives that you <br>get from a Deli. And not only is the perp. dyslexic, but LEFT HANDED as well.<br><br>Somebody call Al Sharpton; we've got another Twanna Brawley case in the works.<br><br><br>HOLY COW!<br>In the time it took to type that post<br>the mystery's already been solved! <br><br> [color:white].<br></font color=white> [color:white]. .</font color=white>"Fool us thrice...and we get what we deserve."<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Celandine on 10/24/08 12:01 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: starmillway

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/24/08 12:03 PM

She confessed today<br><br>http://tinyurl.com/6bgm9d<br><br><br><br><br>

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/24/08 12:40 PM

College prank? Hardly. She knew exactly what she was doing and ImintheWind and Drudge took the bait. She knew this story would inflame black prejudice and give some people a reason to not vote for Obama. She would get her 15 minutes of fame and go down as a freedom rider of Republican democracy if she pulled it off and in fact McCain did win. She had already talked to John and Sarah. To pigeonhole this kind of crime down to college prank is ludicrous. <br><br>The fact she was a complete idiot about it so that only a chatty left handed dyslexic with a pencil eraser for a weapon could have done it is no reason to lesson the severity of the crime she committed. She is the lowest of the low. <br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/24/08 12:50 PM

I'll repeat what I wrote last night:<br><br>The seriousness of this thing is what's striking, and the way Drudge pimped it is reckless. Faking a mugging and gruesome violence on a campaign volunteer to try to promote racial hatred against a black candidate. Think about that for a moment. <br><br>

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/24/08 12:57 PM

Well I dunno Poly but I would not give a 20 year old to much credit as a master mind all by her little head , me thinks her and some college buddies got together and hatched this plan by committee hence why her story kept changing <br><br>IMO<br><br>

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/24/08 12:59 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Humm , college prank maybe ?<p><hr></blockquote><p>What was she hoping for, to influence the vote in PA because of racial hatred?<br>Incite a riot? What if people got killed? <br><br><br>She said a black man carved her face with a knife, then sexually molested her and beat her to make her vote for Obama.<br><br>The response to Drudge's headline yesterday over at FreeRepublic were several threads over 500 posts long each with calls to stock up ammo and guns to fight off the oncoming race riots. Those threads were deleted just a few hours ago ... but I'm certain the hatred and call to violent action still runs deep in the minds of the wackos that Todd and Drudge and Hannity fueled all afternoon yesterday.<br><br>Way to go Ashley Todd. Windy must be proud of you.<br><br><br><br>

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/24/08 01:05 PM

Thats why I don't think this 20 year pea brain acted alone when she says she does NOT know why she made up the story , that tells me she is hiding others ? ?<br><br>

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/24/08 01:13 PM

I posted earlier in this thread the name and pic of the guy that told police her story was true .... plunger-weilding Chairman of the College Republicans.<br><br>

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/24/08 01:21 PM

Found it , some how I missed it - DuH<br><br>[color:blue]Charlie Smith – the National Chairman of the College Republicans..</font color=blue> <-- I think the police should be talking to that guy too , I mean polygraph the whole works <br><br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/24/08 02:19 PM

It's not dyslexic--that's the way it ends up when you're doing it in the mirror.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/24/08 02:25 PM

Well besides facing possible criminal charges for her childish pranks, DO all of you realize the ramifications of this fiasco ?<br><br><br><br>Windy will adopt a new sock puppet name ! Stand BY !! <br><br>David (OFI)<br><br>Hey Windy, you're in GOOD company....<br><br><br>the wheels have fallen off McSame's "straight talk" wagon too !!

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/24/08 02:37 PM

How do we know that Windy and that girl aren't one and the same?<br>New sock: IMinDragAgain.<br><br>

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/24/08 02:42 PM

I would agree that the friends she went and talked to before she reported to this to the police need to be talked to but the machinations of her story make me believe that she is the lone idiot. <br><br>As yoyo said, it's not dyslexia, she did the B in a mirror. I don't see her doing that with friends and then one of them not mentioning she put the B on backwards. Besides, if there was more than one brain involved here it would have not fallen apart so quickly. Any cop looking at her and her changing story would have suspected fraud right away. No, I think this is a lone idiot who may have gotten a shiner from her boyfriend and then suddenly had a grand plan. Maybe she sat around with her friends and chatted about possibilities but I think she went out and pulled this fiasco off all by herself.<br><br>But lone idiot or a couple of friends, it was no college prank. It was a very criminal act with huge implications. The law says that she filed a false arrest report and she should be reamed for the maximum which is a very small punishment for the damage she could have wrought.<br><br><br><br><br>

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/24/08 03:03 PM

Upon rereading your post Carp I think you might be right. If she is saying she doesn't know why she did it she could have been cranked up by her friends into doing it. Or chatted about it a bunch and she just decided to do it. The amount of zeroness in the planning makes me think that ultimately when she decided to do it she was alone because it seems only one brain cell was firing. But then again, I have seen meetings wherein many people have decided to take the most stupid path. Stupider than a path only one person could have chosen. I had this poster in my conference room but one of the meeting lovers tore it down.<br><br>Let me se if I can find a copy. ....<br><br>Found it. I need to purchase another copy. I got it from my Secret Santa years ago and I loved it in my conference room. But then I had to share the room with ... meeting lovers.<br><br><br><br>I gave great meetings when that poster was up. I could always point to it when the meeting was becoming group stupid. The agreeing to the lowest common denominator or even worse deciding on a really neat but totally fruitless path.<br><br><br><br>

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/24/08 03:03 PM

A quick google search for criminal prosecution of hate crime hoaxes seems to indicate it can be considered a felony.<br><br>http://www.i2i.org/main/article.php?article_id=564<br><br><br>Ashley Todd arrested:<br><br><br><br>

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/24/08 03:05 PM

AH ... HA HA HA HA HA !! <br><br>"IMinDragAgain"<br><br><br>Well ya got me there , pil-grim !!! <br><br>David (OFI)

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/24/08 03:05 PM

<br>Welcome Back!<br><br>He was restating the obvious, same <br>as the point about being "left handed".<br>I'd mentioned it because the scrapes were <br>not only backward but on the "wrong" side of her <br>face (as if drawn by her own right hand) since drawing <br>it on the left cheek would have been awkward for a right<br>handed person IF HE'D INDEED BEEN FACING HER at the time.<br><br><br><br> [color:white].<br></font color=white> [color:white]. .</font color=white>"Fool us thrice...and we get what we deserve."

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/24/08 03:12 PM

<br>Yar...<br><br>Even in the Bible <br>Bearing False Witness<br>is a heavy duty "No-No"<br>chiefly for it's potential for<br>causing huge amounts of harm.<br><br><br><br> [color:white].<br></font color=white> [color:white]. .</font color=white>"Fool us thrice...and we get what we deserve."

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/24/08 03:44 PM

Who the heck knows why a dumpy little chick would do such a thing.<br>She doesn't look like a malicious or hateful type, but who knows?<br><br>Might of been merely a bid for attention...<br>Might have been a cover for the $60 that had "gone missing"...<br>Had they sent her to withdraw it?and for what purpose? rent? food?<br>Beer money? Maybe returning empty-handed didn't seem like a viable<br>option... A fabrication for not being her fault ? ...but who to blame??<br><br>I doano...<br>maybe we never will...<br><br>But in the Twana Brawely case, it was fear of punishment for staying<br>out all night, that caused her to lie to cover her a$$, and the rest, as<br>they always say, is history.<br><br>I believe this girl stepped into a hornet's nest out of shear stupidity.<br>(that doesn't excuse it... she still tried, for whatever reason, to pin it<br>on a racial stereo-type to cover her fat arse. She's about to pay for it.<br><br> [color:white].<br></font color=white> [color:white]. .</font color=white>"Fool us thrice...and we get what we deserve."

ruh roh! - 10/24/08 04:00 PM

(unconfirmed)<br><br>McCain campaign's involvement implicated in the Todd hate-crime hoax. <br><br><br>"John McCain's Pennsylvania communications director told reporters in the state an incendiary version of the hoax story about the attack on a McCain volunteer well before the facts of the case were known or established -- and even told reporters outright that the "B" carved into the victim's cheek stood for "Barack," according to multiple sources familiar with the discussions.<br><br>John Verrilli, the news director for KDKA in Pittsburgh, told TPM Election Central that McCain's Pennsylvania campaign communications director gave one of his reporters a detailed version of the attack that included a claim that the alleged attacker said, "You're with the McCain campaign? I'm going to teach you a lesson."<br><br>Verrilli also told TPM that the McCain spokesperson had claimed that the "B" stood for Barack. According to Verrilli, the spokesperson also told KDKA that Sarah Palin had called the victim of the alleged attack, who has since admitted the story was a hoax.<br><br>The KDKA reporter had called McCain's campaign office for details after seeing the story -- sans details -- teased on Drudge.<br><br>The McCain spokesperson's claims -- which came in the midst of extraordinary and heated conversations late yesterday between the McCain campaign, local TV stations, and the Obama camp, as the early version of the story rocketed around the political world -- is significant because it reveals a McCain official pushing a version of the story that was far more explosive than the available or confirmed facts permitted at the time.<br><br>The claims to KDKA from the McCain campaign were included in an early story that ran late yesterday on KDKA's Web site. The paragraphs containing these assertions were quickly removed from the story after the Obama campaign privately complained that KDKA was letting the McCain campaign spin a racially-charged version of the story before the facts had been established, according to two sources familiar with the discussions."<br><br><br><br>

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/24/08 04:46 PM

Now, siwwy widdle mans, don'tchu feew just a widdle bit stoopit?<br><br>

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/24/08 06:26 PM

Right Poly<br>she was pumped up - the police are now saying she acted alone and has mental issues but I betcha she still had lots of help tipping the bucket over and I bet that Smith guy had a big hand in it<br><br>Which begs another question;<br>Does colleges normally admit students with mental problems ? I guess this question should go in another thread<br><br>

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/24/08 06:34 PM

Colleges don't usually do psychological screening.... they go by grades, test scores, and recommendations... but as a PT College Prof I can say recommendations are usually based on academic prowess, and not psychological analysis.<br><br>Thus there are some mentally imbalanced in college... look at the VT incident. And many reported he had problems, but it was never explored until it was SADLY too late.<br><br>David (OFI)

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/24/08 06:54 PM

Your right David<br><br>I guess , I assumed that a academic student would have perpetrated a better crime then this ? and that is a good thing <br><br>
Posted by: drjohn

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/24/08 09:59 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Does colleges normally admit students with mental problems ? I guess this question should go in another thread<p><hr></blockquote><p>For years, college counselors have seen ...ment histories.<br><br><br>Old farts, the hidden caulk of civilization. Jim Atkinson<br><br>

Re: ruh roh! - 10/25/08 12:45 AM

<br>SUX - but the damage's been done.<br>It's never made sense that the SPLASH gets remembered<br>long after the story has been disproved up one side & down the other.<br><br><br> [color:white].<br></font color=white> [color:white]. .</font color=white>"Fool us thrice...and we get what we deserve."

Re: ruh roh! - 10/25/08 04:53 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p><br>SUX - but the damage's been done.<p><hr></blockquote><p> Yeah, this is heavily damaging to McCain's campaign. Ashley may go down in history as the last straw as McCain's campaign goes up in smoke. From here on out the true psychos who are claiming that Obama is planning on creating a black nation complete with O flag have to tone it down or else they look like they are as nutty as Ashley. (They're nuttier but that goes without saying.)<br><br>They will now switch to claiming that Asley was an Obama plant. Sort of like the right wing wacks claiming 9/11 was an inside job. Life would be boring witout all these crazy people as entertainment.<br><br><br><br> <br><br>

Re: "get in their faces"... - 10/25/08 02:51 PM

ah Steve, that's what you get with "D" students !<br><br>buy them books and send them to school.. and they can't even put together a decent ruse !! <br><br><br><br>You'd think she could at least connect with someone in the Drama Dept. and get a decent make-up job !! Guess that thinking was too far out of her box!<br><br><br>David (OFI)