New York Times

Posted by: MattMac112

New York Times - 07/26/08 08:38 AM

Does this sound like balanced reporting?<br><br>Here the New York Times first reports on Obama:<br><br><blockquote>On Thursday evening in a glittering Berlin, cheered by as many as 200,000 people, Mr. Obama delivered a tone poem to American and European ideals and shared history.</blockquote> <br><br>(they obviously left out the part where Obama cured blind puppies)<br><br>And then it reports on McCain:<br><br><blockquote>In contrast, just before he spoke, Mr. McCain, was sitting in Schmidtís Sausage Haus und Restaurant in Columbus, Ohio, having a bratwurst, and saying grumpily that he would prefer to speak to Germans when he is president, not before.</blockquote><br><br>(they obviously left out the part where McCain inflicted blindness on the puppies). <br><br><br><br>***************<br><br>nuttin'
Posted by: newkojak

Re: New York Times - 07/26/08 08:42 AM

What do you think motivated such a thing?<br><br>-- Cee Bee Double-U<br><br>EDIT: Setting aside the fact that it clearly says at the top that it is "analysis" and not "reporting" for just a moment.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by newkojak on 07/26/08 08:43 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: New York Times - 07/26/08 08:51 AM

Does this sound like balanced reporting?<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Obama has benefited from a week of good images. But substantively, optimism without reality isnít eloquence. Itís just Disney.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Oh, wait . . . that's the editorial page.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: New York Times - 07/26/08 08:59 AM

OK. So give us the truth about McCain's "appearance."<br><br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: New York Times - 07/26/08 09:29 AM

When playing golf with Bush the elder in Kennybunkport the media completed deleted any photo ops which included McCain tipping the negro caddy they had flown in. Disgraceful MSM. <br><br>ps. That will be the only time I use MSM. I had to google to make sure I got it right. Mainstream is one word so it should be MM right?<br><br>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: New York Times - 07/26/08 09:40 AM

They were both speaking to the same number of voters. <br><br>To add insult to injury, Barry Hussein refused to meet with injured soldiers. The Obama campaign says the Pentagon told him not to. The Pentagon says it was the other way around. <br><br>Either way, he could have gone without cameras. Bad community organizer. Bad. They may dock him a Rolling Stone cover over that one. <br><br>
Posted by: iBookmaster

Re: New York Times - 07/26/08 10:58 AM

Only one word makes it unbalanced. Grumpily. Take that out and it's totally accurate. Actually it's pretty accurate with grumpily. Lol. You know, like grumpy old men? <br><br>Too many lives they've spent across the ocean. Too much money been spent upon the moon. Well, until they make it right, I hope they never sleep at night. They better make some changes and do it soon. -Things Goin' On/Lynyrd Skynyrd<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by iBookmaster on 07/26/08 10:58 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: New York Times - 07/26/08 11:05 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>NEWS ANALYSIS<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>It's an analysis -- an opinion piece -- not a news item.<br><br>It doesn't have to be balanced ;-)<br><br>Turn up the signal, wipe out the noise ...
Posted by: iBookmaster

Re: New York Times - 07/26/08 11:19 AM

I think it's a mixture of all 3. News, analysis and opinion. CNN's Lou Dobbs show actually says something similar. They'll introduce him as: now here's Lou Dobbs with news, debate and opinion. And he has one of the loudest, negative opinions in news. <br><br>Too many lives they've spent across the ocean. Too much money been spent upon the moon. Well, until they make it right, I hope they never sleep at night. They better make some changes and do it soon. -Things Goin' On/Lynyrd Skynyrd
Posted by: newkojak

Re: New York Times - 07/26/08 11:24 AM

Furthermore... here and here, you excused opinion editorial and news analysis writing when talking about FOX News. Is the New York Times excused also since they clearly marked that this is analysis?<br><br>-- Cee Bee Double-U
Posted by: FSM

Re: New York Times - 07/26/08 01:11 PM

matt is the same person who in the past has argued that O'Reilly isn't part of the media and he gives us this??? <br><br>--<br>[color:red] Kansas Jayhawks -- 2008 National Champions </font color=red>
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: New York Times - 07/26/08 02:13 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>hey'll introduce him as: now here's Lou Dobbs with news, debate and opinion.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Which is fine, I guess, as long as they clearly identify what is the "debate and opinion" part and don't try to pass that off as news ...<br><br>Turn up the signal, wipe out the noise ...