MrO and the Evangelicals

Posted by: Lea

MrO and the Evangelicals - 07/02/08 11:25 AM

I don't know if serious supporters of the man will ever develop a sense of humor, but I'm gonna keep trying. Because, really, if you can't laugh at your own candidate . . . doesn't that make you as defensive, rigid and scary as a Reupblican? OK, that's not fair to Republicans, so substitute "Republicans who actually support McNuts."<br><br>Good luck! <br><br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:white]xx</font color=white>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>
Posted by: garyW

Re: MrO and the Evangelicals - 07/02/08 12:18 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I don't know if serious supporters of the man will ever develop a sense of humor<p><hr></blockquote><p>I will try to manufacture some outrage to respond to that correctly ...<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: cope

Re: MrO and the Evangelicals - 07/02/08 12:23 PM

I....ah....oooops. Thought you were going to post the latest YouTube video of that talented, unknown R & B group "MrO and the Evangelicals".....nevermind.<br><br>Seriously, can you spell "pandering"?<br><br>Much as I admire the man, I have deep-seated fears about how much further he (led by his election team) might stray.<br><br>
Posted by: Llewelyn

Re: MrO and the Evangelicals - 07/02/08 12:40 PM

There are Republicans that support McCain?!?!?!<br><br>I thought they grudgingly picked him because he was the best of a bad bunch - not LDS, not for gun control, etc. They still don't particularly like him, but at least he's not a liberal.<br><br>I used to think it was terrible that life was unfair. Then I thought what if life were fair and all of the terrible things that happen came because we really deserved them? Now I take comfort in the general unfairness and hostility of the universe.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: MrO and the Evangelicals - 07/02/08 01:34 PM

Funny? No. Pathetic? Yes.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: newkojak

Re: MrO and the Evangelicals - 07/02/08 02:42 PM

I go back and forth on how I feel about this but the end may be no harm, no foul.<br><br>It's a little goofy to begrudge any politician for trying to appeal to people. I do find the whole faith-based initiative thing a little bit pander-y, but there is some room there.<br><br>Looking back at Sen. Obama's history with the church and community organization, this is pretty similar to what he did before politics. So it shouldn't come as any suprise that he wants to bring the spirit of that into the White House. So if there is an Obama apologist slant to take on it, it's that.<br><br>I don't feel comfortable with anything though that smacks of combining the church and the state.<br><br>-- Cee Bee Double-U
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: MrO and the Evangelicals - 07/02/08 02:51 PM

Those are pretty funny. I'm forwarding it on, heh heh.<br><br>
Posted by: Lea

Re: MrO and the Evangelicals - 07/02/08 03:13 PM

Not a hard-core supporter, huh? <br><br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:white]xx</font color=white>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: MrO and the Evangelicals - 07/02/08 03:30 PM

!<br><br>
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: MrO and the Evangelicals - 07/02/08 04:21 PM

I'm becoming one but, strangely enough, my sense of humor doesn't diminish as the other grows.<br><br>
Posted by: DLC

Re: MrO and the Evangelicals - 07/02/08 06:06 PM

That is funny... I like O over Same McCain any day.<br><br>Liked Edwards better, but anything incl Goofy, if he chose to run, would beat the best on the GOP side.<br><br>Oh wait maybe he was the best running on the GOP side. <br><br>David (OFI)