Obama responded today about his patriotism

Posted by: iBookmaster

Obama responded today about his patriotism - 06/30/08 04:20 PM

He said he would never question the patriotism of another in this presidential race. And he would not stand idle when someone questions his. I thought it was a classy thing to say. Makes those that question his patriotism look much lower class. It's actually kind of a shame people even bring it up. No person (especially running for president) should be questioned about their patriotism. <br><br>Too many lives they've spent across the ocean. Too much money been spent upon the moon. Well, until they make it right, I hope they never sleep at night. They better make some changes and do it soon. -Things Goin' On/Lynyrd Skynyrd
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: Obama responded today about his patriotism - 06/30/08 04:31 PM

He's just repeating what his Muslim overlords told him to say.<br><br>
Posted by: iBookmaster

Re: Obama responded today about his patriotism - 06/30/08 05:57 PM

Yeah, I saw a Quran pin on his coat as he was saying it.<br><br>Too many lives they've spent across the ocean. Too much money been spent upon the moon. Well, until they make it right, I hope they never sleep at night. They better make some changes and do it soon. -Things Goin' On/Lynyrd Skynyrd
Posted by: mojo_jojo

Re: Obama responded today about his patriotism - 06/30/08 06:29 PM

I don't mind that he is a Muslim.<br><br>
Posted by: katlpablo

Re: Obama responded today about his patriotism - 06/30/08 10:31 PM

Allah, Allah, Allah, ALLAH will pray for you!<br><br><br><br><br> <br><br>
Posted by: DLC

Re: Obama responded today about his patriotism - 07/01/08 03:51 AM

When he starts wearing a Turban, that's it for me !<br><br>Who the heck does he think he is !!??<br><br>Johnny Carson ??<br><br><br><br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: newkojak

Re: Obama responded today about his patriotism - 07/01/08 06:36 AM

I just watched an excerpt from the speech here.<br><br>One thing I absolutely love about Sen. Obama's speaking style and something that he does very well here is to take the broad themes of whatever he is addressing and reframe the entire thing to not just tell his story or make his point, but show his thinking on the matter. Patriotism for the most part is superfluous and not really an issue, but Sen. Obama addressed it comprehensively in a way that says, "You wanna talk about patriotism? Sure, let's talk about patriotism." The main applause line about not questioning anyone else's patriotism is emblematic of that attitude. It simultaneously asserts his own stake in keeping the debate elevated and shames those looking to lower it in one simple sentence.<br><br>-- Cee Bee Double-U
Posted by: Mike

Re: Obama responded today about his patriotism - 07/01/08 08:52 AM

I couldn't help but follow the 'text' of the speech which appeared on the right. <br>Who the he!! 'transcribed'? Some of the copied text makes no sense at all!<br>Doesn't anyone check the transcription?<br><br>[color:blue][/b]Hodie mihi. Cras tibi.</font color=blue>[/b]
Posted by: newkojak

Re: Obama responded today about his patriotism - 07/01/08 09:27 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Who the he!! 'transcribed'? Some of the copied text makes no sense at all!<p><hr></blockquote><p>The same guy that did this.<br><br>-- Cee Bee Double-U
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Obama responded today about his patriotism - 07/01/08 09:44 AM

Yikes!<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: Lea

Re: Obama responded today about his patriotism - 07/01/08 11:07 AM

It's like the Village People pillaged Tony Orlando and Dawn and Doug Henning and they all ended up in Russia! With music!<br><br><br><br><br><br>Stunning!<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:white]xx</font color=white>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>
Posted by: Centercentaur

Re: Obama responded today about his patriotism - 07/01/08 01:52 PM

I think that was nice, but isn't it spelled "Moscow?" It would be good if this were provided as a video for people learning English, since the music and dancing involved greatly adds motivation and interest. In fact, it makes studying almost fun!<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Obama responded today about his patriotism - 07/01/08 06:57 PM

In Russian it's spelled Moskva, if that's any help, since the Latin alphabet doesn't really tell you how it's spelled . . . nevermind <br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>