John McCain's affairs

Posted by: DLC

John McCain's affairs - 06/27/08 07:17 PM

Maybe I've been putting too many hours in at work or teaching .. I dunno but I somehow missed this factoid and if there were any thread on it... but I was doing a research on the net about Cindy McCain and found this treasure at Wikipedia :<br><br>[color:blue]<br>"Marriage and family<br><br>Hensley met John McCain in April 1979 at a military reception in Hawaii.[16] He was the U.S. Navy liaison officer to the United States Senate, almost eighteen years her senior.[17] He was married to his wife Carol, and had previously had extramarital affairs in the mid-1970s.[18] Carol and John McCain had separated briefly once, but had since come back together.[16] McCain and Hensley quickly began a relationship,[17] traveling between Arizona and Washington to see each other.[8] Carol and John McCain finally separated later in 1979,[16][19] Carol accepted a divorce in February of 1980,[16] effective in April 1980, and then John and Cindy were married on May 17, 1980 at the Arizona Biltmore Hotel in Phoenix.[8] They made a prenuptial agreement that kept most of her family's assets under her name;[20] they have since kept their finances apart and file separate income tax returns.[20]" </font color=blue><br><br>I think she's pretty admiral from first glance.. she established a non-profit organization that organized trips by medical personnel to disaster-struck or war-torn third-world areas. <br><br>But the thing that struck me was this: "McCain and Hensley quickly began a relationship" (while he's still married to Carol) AND He (McCain) was married to his wife Carol, and had previously had extramarital affairs in the mid-1970s.<br><br>Wasn't it the righteous GOP who hounded Clinton for his previous womanizing from Day 1. SO ... doesn't this appear like a double standard ? I don't like either and I don;t think either has an excuse. But it appears many of the right are willing to overlook McCain's infidelity.... and it wasn't just 1 with Cindy.<br>I'd never heard of this before today.... is this old news, or just some seldom mentioned ?<br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: John McCain's affairs - 06/27/08 07:25 PM

Now, now, D. You know that it is only liberals who womanize, are un-American and unpatriotic, and are "activist" judges. <br><br>

Re: John McCain's affairs - 06/27/08 07:31 PM

Oh yeah... I keep forgetting MacBozo !!<br><br>I must be getting Alz-heimers Disease !<br><br>... that's the latter stages of Weisen-heimers ! <br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: lanovami

Re: John McCain's affairs - 06/27/08 07:32 PM

"I think she's pretty admiral from first glance"<br><br>This one took me a minute. It read she was in the Navy, but an admiral? And a pretty admiral at that? Well, that's not something you hear about everyday. Then I saw the malacarpism in it. Admirable. I see. Moving on...<br><br>We are STILL what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle
Posted by: polymerase

Re: John McCain's affairs - 06/27/08 07:36 PM

Just blame it on the Percocets that Cindy was popping 20 per day to figure out why she jumped in the sack with a dude 18 years older than her and a whole lot poorer.<br><br>None of that matters a whit. What matters is that she would be the creepiest most strung out face lifted first lady we have ever had in the White House. It would get really weird once four years in the White House has aged John making him look 106 or thereabouts and she remains a taught as a piano wire looking 38 year old mannequin ready to rip apart at the hidden seams.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: John McCain's affairs - 06/27/08 07:37 PM

excuse me... I was thinking of McCain's father and grandfather... she was the admirable one !! <br>Poly... that's why I said "at first glance"... I'm not finished researching yet. I figured there were skeletons somewhere ...<br><br>here's another tid-bit about his affairs... Vicki Iseman ..<br><br><br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: SgtBaxter

Re: John McCain's affairs - 06/27/08 08:20 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>doesn't this appear like a double standard ?<p><hr></blockquote><p>Funny thing is Cindy is a lot more attractive than Bill's wife. At least Bill had some excuse in that he's the attractive one in the relationship... McCain certainly married out of his league ;)<br><br><br>Hey I'm an F'n Jerk!®
Posted by: Centercentaur

Re: John McCain's affairs - 06/27/08 09:47 PM

I think it was really admiral of you to start this thread.<br><br>Terry Gross once asked a guest (who was, admittedly, a comedienne) if she'd ever considered a facelift, and the woman replied, "No, i'd rather look like an earthling."<br><br>Newt Gingrich swore he'd not let a day go by in the Congress without mentioning Bill Clinton's infidelity. Of course, it came out later that during this little epoch Gingrich was himself in the daily process of being unfaithful to his own second wife (the 1st having been ditched while undergoing treatment for cancer). Hypocrisy? Sure, amazingly so, unbelievably so! Is Newt retired in disgrace for being such a nauseating phony? Well, no! How could you ever think that? Newt's now an elder statesman in the Republican ("family values") party, and a regular guest on fair and balanced Fox News.<br><br>I think Cindy should have an affair with Newt. He's a lot better looking than McCain. At least give him a BJ, then call up Linda Tripp and give her the details.<br><br>
Posted by: newkojak

Re: John McCain's affairs - 06/27/08 09:56 PM

Your post could be just as well against Bob Barr since he lead the Clinton Impeachment witch hunt in the House and is running in this election.<br><br>Sure, it's a double-standard. Or was it? To say that the Republicans applied a double-standard to President Clinton just seems nonsensical. They had no standards. They obstructed in every way they possibly could for the weakest ideological reasons possible. They were out for blood and that's it.<br><br>I am never too sure whether I'm interested in even thinking about Sen. McCain's marital fidelity. On the most hand, I don't care. On the other hand, it was Cindy McCain's money that financed his entry into politics for the most part. Overall though, Democrats shouldn't bother with Sen. McCain's personal indiscretions. Republicans are the ones who are obsessed with sex. Let them continue to have that reputation all to themselves.<br><br>-- Cee Bee Double-U
Posted by: polymerase

Re: John McCain's affairs - 06/27/08 10:08 PM

Lets not bring up McCain's infidelities, forget that the Vietnamese who held him captive say he lied about the torture, forget about Cindy's drug addiction and thievery, forget that he financed, his campaigns with her money, forget that he called his wife a C Ewe Next Tuesday, forget that he has gone insanely crazy screaming at senators and the help, forget that he has said one thing then said something 180 a few weeks later, forget that he seems to not know the difference between Al Quida and insurgents from Iran or that he just completely makes things up out of thin air to support his tortured logic. Forget all those things that make McCain the lecherous, insane, befuddled, angry, stupid person that he is.<br><br>We can sit and watch the Republicans pull out every trick on Obama and we will sit in our self righteous honor and we will not go there and play in the mud.<br><br>And we will lose the White House again, and again.<br><br>
Posted by: Lea

Re: John McCain's affairs - 06/28/08 05:56 AM

If the tabloids are to be believed, and really, since it's Saturday morning, why not, McNuts treated his first wife worse than trash.. <br><br><br>When McCain – his hair turned prematurel...self. It’s fine<br><br>[color:blue]‘My marriage ended because John McCain didn’t want to be 40, he wanted to be 25. You know that happens...it just does.’<br><br>Some of McCain’s acquaintances are less forgiving, however. They portray the politician as a self-centred womaniser who effectively abandoned his crippled wife to ‘play the field’. They accuse him of finally settling on Cindy, a former rodeo beauty queen, for financial reasons.</font color=blue><br><br><br>This story's been around long enough, that I don't doubt it. His first wife made one very obvious mistake. She didn't shoot him.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:white]xx</font color=white>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>
Posted by: Mike

Re: John McCain's affairs - 06/28/08 07:30 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>At least give him a BJ, then call up Linda Tripp and give her the details.<p><hr></blockquote><p> Oh Boy.....thats low ! <br><br>[color:blue][/b]Hodie mihi. Cras tibi.</font color=blue>[/b]

Re: John McCain's affairs - 06/28/08 10:07 AM

"Republicans are the ones who are obsessed with sex."<br><br>Well that's 1/2 accurate poly...<br><br>it should be Republicans are the ones who are obsessed with NO sex. <br><br> Response to other posts: <br>Yes, I read where McCain's 1st wife had a car accident which disfigured her and she had put on a lot of weight since he left in '66. Having kids will do the latter to most women.<br><br>Personally I don't care of his personal shin-digs 30 years ago but it's the Religious right and the righteous GOP who opened that can of worms on Clinton, on Gary Hart and others... so it seems fair to "Call" them on this one. <br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: John McCain's affairs - 06/28/08 10:27 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>it should be Republicans are the ones who are obsessed with NO sex<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Now, you've got to get this right. It's Reps are the ones who are obsessed with saying NO, but doing the opposite. While they're saying NO.<br><br>That last bit is important <br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: Mike

The real McCain! - 06/28/08 01:38 PM

The story of the first Mrs McCain.<br><br>And this guy wants to be prez?<br>No, thanks! <br><br>[color:blue][/b]Hodie mihi. Cras tibi.</font color=blue>[/b]

Re: The real McCain! - 06/28/08 06:58 PM

Oh that's a doosey !!<br><br>gee... It was like when Newt went to the hospital to visit his wife being treated for cancer and asked her for a divorce while he was having an affair. <br><br>real man of integrity.... what happened "until to death do us part ?"<br><br>Now, I really don't care what McCain did... it's his reputation, but this is the stuff the righteous GOP likes to trot out when it suits them and sweep it under a rub when it doesn't !<br><br> I do feel sorry for Carol. that poor woman went though H3LL and just when she thought she could get her husband back and try to get her life back on track... McCain has affairs and dumps her. <br><br>This coupled with McCain's hot-headed nature. excludes him from being Presidential material in my book.. and he sided with Pres. numb nuts 95% of the time. ... that's 3+ strikes. <br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: newkojak

Re: John McCain's affairs - 06/28/08 09:22 PM

Oh don't be so fatalistic. You say Democrats lose elections because of the low blows Republicans deliver. I say that Democrats can lose elections going just as low as Republicans. The two constituencies are just too different. Democrats are expected to be the smart ones. It's not fair, but it's the way it is.<br><br>-- Cee Bee Double-U
Posted by: electricron

Re: John McCain's affairs - 06/29/08 05:07 AM

Obsessed with sex?<br><br>It was far more than that with Bill Clinton. You forgot where Clinton had his sex. You also forgot Clinton initially denied he had any sex, in a Federal Courtroom after swearing to tell the truth, and nothing but the truth. All the GOP reaction occuring after a GOP senator from Oregon had recently been forced to retire because he was a well known womanizier in his office.<br><br>Is John McCain guilty of encouraging sex in his office with subordinates? Has John McCain attempted to cover this by lying in Federal Court? Clinton's trouble was more than just having sex and cheating on his wife. <br><br>Divorces are common today, and that's apparently all McCain is guilty of. <br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: John McCain's affairs - 06/29/08 06:00 AM

Clinton lied about sex, he didn't lie to get us into a war that has claimed 100,000 lives. All lies don't carry equal weight. And I still don't understand the whole "he lied under oath" caveat. A lie is a lie, no matter where it's told. I don't teach my kids that lying is only wrong if it's under oath. And I don't think my wife would accept my plea of "I wasn't under oath" if I lied about having a fling. <br><br>

Re: John McCain's affairs - 06/29/08 06:35 AM

I still have to laugh at the "OMG he lied about not having sex with that woman."<br><br>He's a married man. Duh. President, yes. In the Oval Office, yes. But ~ truly, why should anybody on the face of the planet care? JFK nailed more . . . oh, wait. That was back when it was nobody's business what your neighbor or your president nailed in his spare time.<br><br>Truly, MonicaGate reflects so much worse off the Republican's Holier than Thou Mirror than it ever will Slick Willy. Probably why Republicans hold such a grudge about the whole stupid affair. I mean really, when you compare it to, oh for example, Larry Craig . . . <br><br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:white]xx</font color=white>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>
Posted by: FSM

Re: John McCain's affairs - 06/29/08 06:51 AM

i do chuckle when an anti-gay crusader has gay sex, but no other sex scandal really registers on my Richter scale. it's all distraction stuff that i find pathetic. who cares about McCain's previous wife and how he treated her? his policies are what are going to be at the forefront. i guess if i was voting for him to marry my great grandmother . . . well, then i'd be concerned with that other stuff. <br><br>--<br>[color:red] Kansas Jayhawks -- 2008 National Champions </font color=red>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: John McCain's affairs - 06/29/08 08:24 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>when you compare it to, oh for example, Larry Craig . . . <p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Well, Lea . . . I'm tapping my foot just waiting for you to finish that sentence . . . <br><br><br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>

Re: John McCain's affairs - 06/29/08 09:05 AM

<br><br><br><br>Wait. You're not in an airport, are you? <br><br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:white]xx</font color=white>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>

Re: John McCain's affairs - 06/29/08 10:57 AM

To be honest Ron - I don't care about EITHER !<br>McCain can be a cad and be unfaithful all he wants... so can Clinton.<br>WHO should care about either? (except their families?)<br><br>The point is the conservative and religious types do throw up the sex and divorce issue about Dems, but not about their own GOP - who have had more sex scandals lately than the Dems did.<br><br>And I don't even care Bill's was in the Oval office... it was wrong even if it were at the Watergate Hotel ! <br>Being in the Oval office doesn't make the wrong any worse - it's terrible no matter what.<br><br>So #1 we have Clinton getting a BJ in the Oval Office.<br>and #2 as Mike Sellers says, Bush screwing us all in the Oval Office. <br>I think the latter screw job is worse for the country than casual sex.<br><br>great to hear from you.<br><br>Respectfully,<br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: G4Dualie

Affairs indeed! - 06/30/08 12:07 PM

John McCain is a fsckup in the highest sense of the word. He was the Beetle Bailey of the Navy, ferchrissakes!<br><br>What I find disturbing is McCain crashed five fscking planes during his career!! One of his plane crashes involved a trainer he "acquired" so he could attend an Army-Navy game in 1965. He ended up oceanside and the plane crashed into some trees.<br><br>When told of McCain's crash in Vietnam, the Skipper of the carrier was probably heard to mutter, "It figures".<br><br>He was a total fsckup in the Navy. He received preferential treatment at every turn, including his stint as a POW and now John Lehman, former Secretary of the Navy, is (lying) attempting to convince the public McCain turned down a promotion to Admiral because he was planning to retire and run for the Senate. Bullshít!! Lehman will rue the day he even brought this to light, as it opens the door for other inquiries.<br><br>Fsckups who crash planes do not go from Captain to flag officer in two years, especially pilots from the Attack community. But all of this could be cleared up if the Navy would only release the other six hundred pages of McCain's service record book. <br><br>The Navy, under FOI, has released only 19 of 636 pages of his SRB. My own 20-year-career SRB probably consists of maybe 100 pages tops and I have had a number of scrapes and bruises. So for anyone to accumulate 600 pages is short of amazing to me.<br><br>John Kerry released his entire SRB to the public in the aftermath of the swift boat debacle. Why doesn't McCain do the same? I'll tell you why, because not only would it kill his chances at president, but his service record would undermine his entire political career.<br><br>John McCain is a fsckup and dare I say it, worse than Bush.<br><br><br>M i c h a e l (OFI)

Re: Affairs indeed! - 06/30/08 12:22 PM

WOW, thanks for the update.<br><br>er so you really like the guy huh ? <br><br>Well these are some great points... I hope the public doesn't let McCain off his public record like they did GW.... all his schitt was kept secret and we see WHY now.<br><br>Also today Newsweek or Huffington Post was releasing an article about John and Cindy being 4 years delinquint on taxes on a property they own in La Jolla. Surprisingly it got paid today- NO penalty ! and... They own 7 houses...but the real story is I think it makes them look elitist - the very slam they point to Obama with. Shows their hypocrisy.<br><br>David (OFI)

Re: Affairs indeed! - 06/30/08 01:07 PM

How can one not relish the delicious schendenfrued here?<br><br>(And I'll be eternally grateful to Jon Stewart for teaching me that word. I can only hope I've used it correctly.)<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:white]xx</font color=white>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>
Posted by: G4Dualie

Re: Affairs indeed! - 06/30/08 02:30 PM

That's Schadenfreude and I can only speak for myself but, I hope I don't come across as taking delight in someone else's misfortune.<br><br>What I am stammering about though is the preferential treatment for this bozo! I mean come on already. He was dissed in 2000 for all the wrong reasons, that's all I'm saying.<br><br><br>M i c h a e l (OFI)

Re: Affairs indeed! - 06/30/08 03:02 PM

If McNuts' miliatry records are going to bite him in the butt, I don't feel remotely sorry for him. We reap what we sow.<br><br>I suppose I should hang my head in shame, that I'd enjoy seeing him have to own up to his record, but ~ nope. Ain't gonna happen. No more than I'd hide my delight in seeing Bush finally get his. <br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:white]xx</font color=white>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>