Enlightened Iran

Posted by: yoyo52

Enlightened Iran - 06/20/08 02:56 PM

Strikes again. Raise the issue of sexual harassment by a male administrator and the result? You end up in jail. Why?<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>he local prosecutor is reported to have said that publicising certain crimes is worse than the crimes themselves.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br><br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Enlightened Iran - 06/20/08 08:20 PM

Is that a suggestion, or a question? <br><br>

Re: Enlightened Iran - 06/21/08 06:41 AM

Hmmm . . . Not sure why I posted it in this particular forum. Just a senior moment ahead of its time. I hope. <br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: katlpablo

Re: Enlightened Iran - 06/22/08 09:49 PM

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>Hmmm . . . Not sure why I posted it in this particular forum.<hr></blockquote><br><br>Well, there is some sort of similarity between your quote by the Iranian prosecutor…<br><blockquote><hr>[T]he local prosecutor is reported to have said that publicising certain crimes is worse than the crimes themselves.<hr></blockquote>and the following one from the US Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa, talking to Scott McClellan, who was then under oath at the House Judiciary Committee…<blockquote><hr>… from the integrity standpoint, couldn't you have taken some of this to the grave with you and done this country a favor?<hr> <br>See and hear it here, Minute 3:54.<br><br>Apparently certain patriotic beliefs are best not expressed [publicized] or exercised at all if it comes to criticising other patriots' actions that may be or not be patriotic [favorable to the country]…<br> </blockquote><br>…<br>Maybe something like that coincidence of political enlightenments in Iran/USAmerica was what was hidden in the back of your mind to make you post in this section… <br> <br><br>
Posted by: keymaker

Re: Enlightened Iran - 06/22/08 10:31 PM

I see what you mean I s'pose it is quite enlightened. <br><br>We had a case in England once, Invicta Plastics v Clare [1976] it was called where someone started publicising radar speed trap warning devices which protected motorists driving dangerously from prosecution and they were found guilty of incitement. Oh, and there was that case when someone drew a picture of Jesus depicting Him as a gay homosexual person when all of sudden the magazine Gay News published it and thereby committed blasphemy which upset a few people - that one was called Lemon v Gay News [1979].<br><br>The thing is this is only what the prosecutor said... I s'pose the question is - will the judge be equally enlightened?<br><br>km<br><br>

Re: Enlightened Iran - 06/23/08 08:30 AM

As you've reminded us before, the UK's legal system is really medieval, so no surprise in your second example.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: Moderator

Re: Enlightened Iran - 06/23/08 03:15 PM

Sorry, forgot to let you know that I moved this!<br><br>[color:white]I'm also known as OSXaddict</font color=white><br>
Posted by: Lea

Re: Enlightened Iran - 06/23/08 03:27 PM

Eh, I was getting lost every time I read it, so . . . <br><br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:white]xx</font color=white>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>

Re: Enlightened Iran - 06/23/08 03:36 PM

I figured. I still don't know why I put it over in the Suggestions Forum in the first place.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Enlightened Iran - 06/23/08 04:19 PM

It's the power of suggestion! <br><br><br><br>my photos
Posted by: carp

Re: Enlightened Iran - 06/23/08 09:54 PM

[color:blue]We had a case in England once, Invicta Plastics v Clare [1976] it was called where someone started publicising radar speed trap warning devices which protected motorists driving dangerously from prosecution and they were found guilty of incitement.</font color=blue> <-- good because thats exactly what they were doing is aiding and abetting and and providing information to law breaking speeders to circumvent the law.<br><br>

Re: Enlightened Iran - 06/23/08 09:58 PM

Well - what's so bad about mediaeval? <br><br>For the record the blasphemous article in Lemon's case was a poem rather than a picture - not that it makes any difference where ribaldry and depravity regarding public morality is concerned because every publication is surely blasphemous which contains contemptuous, reviling or scurrilous matter relating to God, Jesus Christ or the Bible. <br><br>km<br><br>

Re: Enlightened Iran - 06/24/08 08:39 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Well - what's so bad about mediaeval? <p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Sort of like humor . . . if you don't hear the joke, there's no point in explaining it.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>

Re: Enlightened Iran - 06/24/08 09:59 AM

Oh great! I've got this earth-shattering point but I can't explain it. <br><br>km<br><br>

Re: Enlightened Iran - 06/24/08 10:41 AM

Just watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail. The funnier bits.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: katlpablo

Re: Enlightened Iran - 06/25/08 10:58 AM

Moderately confused…<br><br>