Yo Matt...

Posted by: SgtBaxter

Yo Matt... - 06/14/08 06:03 PM

Uhh...<br><br>When are we going to see gasoline at $2 a gallon again? ;)<br><br><br>Hey I'm an F'n Jerk!
Posted by: DLC

Re: Yo Matt... - 06/15/08 06:51 AM

Sarge...want to see that ?<br><br>Go to Saudia Arabia or Kuwait ... I think it's 50 /gal. <br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: MattMac112

Re: Yo Matt... - 06/15/08 01:12 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Uhh...<br><br>When are we going to see gasoline at $2 a gallon again? ;)<p><hr></blockquote><p>Don't know, Sarge. But we can count on you bitching about gas prices until ExxonMobill installs a free gas pump in your front yard. ;)<br><br><br><br>***************<br><br>The 60s are over. 40 years ago. Let it go.
Posted by: garyW

Re: Yo Matt... - 06/15/08 04:13 PM

Sarge is not the only one bitching. (free gas would be nice).<br><br><br><br>more here<br><br>
Posted by: FSM

Re: Yo Matt... - 06/15/08 04:50 PM

i don't blame oil companies or Bush. i don't even blame American consumers. the problem is that the demand is rising in other parts of the world (e.g., China and India) and that's going to impact us quite a bit. i would certainly like some better hybrid choices on the vehicles i buy from American car makers, though.<br><br>but our prices aren't going back to $2 a gallon or even $3 a gallon. bye bye cheap gas.<br><br>--<br>[color:red] Kansas Jayhawks -- 2008 National Champions </font color=red>

Re: Yo Matt... - 06/15/08 04:59 PM

sorry when oil companies profits soar to $36 billion in one quarter and triple over previous years ... they're partly responsible... so is the American consumer, and Emperor Bush sits while the America economy burns to the ground...<br>like Katrina... he's helpless.<br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Yo Matt... - 06/15/08 06:20 PM

Knowing full well that what's happening was bound to happen, we screwed around for almost half a century, refusing to acknowledge the inevitable, refusing to consider alternatives to petroleum, refusing to do diddly squat. The Mayans at least didn't know that they were setting up the conditions for the collapse of their civilization. We did. And "our" civilization is the whole world. The whole thing makes my blood boil. I'm sure some will make fun of my reaction, and you know what, I don't give a good goddamn.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: FSM

Re: Yo Matt... - 06/15/08 06:59 PM

i agree that we've sucked in our long term approach. here in michigan, we're seeing the brunt of it as GM has suffered incredible losses for failing to provide the products that can produce profits and meet customer demand . . . and its sent the Michigan economy down hill. decades of republican rule led to governors and state congress happy to ride the back of GM and not prepare for the downfall of GM and now our economy is about the worst in the nation. it sux for politicians to be so short sighted. it sux even more to see our whole country sitting idly by. <br><br>--<br>[color:red] Kansas Jayhawks -- 2008 National Champions </font color=red>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Yo Matt... - 06/15/08 07:00 PM

A half century of putzing. We should all be ashamed.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>

Re: Yo Matt... - 06/15/08 07:13 PM

Yep we should have taken care of this schitt in 1979.... Carter tried but Reagan-Bush killed many energy research programs in '81.<br><br>Carter DID try to put us ahead of Oil dependency ... but too many self interested SOBs killed it. And America let them.<br>Americans must feel some pain so they don't forget next time... sad lesson, but needed.<br><br>David (OFI)