Crazy people truly need the herb. Tokyo, 7 dead!

Posted by: Geetaro

Crazy people truly need the herb. Tokyo, 7 dead! - 06/08/08 06:18 AM

Guess Japan at least has no guns to buy. Here they go right to the schools and cause the BS that should have never happened if the admin/system had their aflac ducks in a row! grrrr... every death a sign my friends and foes.<br><br>WTF? More reason to legalize that which holds down a man's insanity.<br><br>Face it big paper, oil and pharm; the gig is over.<br>Stop pitting people against one another with hi-tech. <br>Stop the BS way of life that the Earth itself does not sustain.<br>If the game does not get you high why use it!? Music does, reading does, good relationship does but the TV, F THAT!<br><br>Read the story.<br><br>=<br>TOKYO (AP) A man who police said "was tired of life" drove into a crowd of pedestrians Sunday and then went on a stabbing rampage in Tokyo's premier electronics and video game district, killing seven people and wounding 10, authorities said.<br>The deadly lunchtime assault happened in Akihabara district after the attacker drove a rented two-ton truck into a crowd, running over three people, public broadcaster NHK quoted an unidentified witness as saying.<br>News reports said the man jumped out of the truck and began stabbing the people he'd knocked down, then turned on horrified onlookers. The attacker grunted and roared as he slashed and stabbed at his victims on a street crowded with Sunday shoppers, reports said.<br>"He was screaming as he was stabbing people at random," another unidentified witness told NHK.<br>Police confirmed seven deaths six men and one woman but they could not say whether the victims died from injuries from the truck or were stabbed to death.<br>Police said they arrested Tomohiro Kato, 25, at the scene.<br>"The suspect told police that he came to Akihabara to kill people," said Jiro Akaogi, a spokesman for the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department. "He said he was tired of life. He said he was sick of everything."<br>Local news reports initially said the man was a self-proclaimed gangster, but NHK later said the suspect was not a gang member.<br>At least 17 ambulances rushed to the scene, with TV footage showing rescue workers tending to victims in the street.<br>An unidentified witness told NHK the suspect dropped the knife after police threatened to shoot him. An amateur video filmed by a mobile phone showed policemen overpowering the bespectacled suspect.<br>Another amateur video taken five minutes after the rampage showed shoppers helping the victims and a man screaming, "Ambulance, Ambulance!" according to NHK.<br>Police earlier said 12 people were wounded but later lowered the number 10.<br>Akihabara district, known as Electric Town, is wildly popular with Japan's cyber-wise youth.<br>Once rare, stabbing attacks have become more frequent in Japan in recent years as violent crime has increased. In one of the worst attacks, a man with a history of mental illness burst into an elementary school in Japan in 2001 and killed eight children. The killer was executed in 2004.<br><br>- cyber? Who knows what the real deal is behind all this.<br>There's Iraq, where waaaaay more were sucked into violence.<br>Long live Everlast.<br><br><br><br>Art of war. Not game.
Posted by: FSM

Re: Crazy people truly need the herb. Tokyo, 7 dead! - 06/08/08 06:25 AM

ruse?<br><br>--<br>[color:red] Kansas Jayhawks -- 2008 National Champions </font color=red>
Posted by: FSM

Re: Crazy people truly need the herb. Tokyo, 7 dead! - 06/08/08 06:27 AM

ah, too funny. i started here and replied and then visited Stan's lounge . . . only to have my "guess" confirmed seconds later. heh.<br><br>--<br>[color:red] Kansas Jayhawks -- 2008 National Champions </font color=red>
Posted by: Geetaro

Re: Crazy people truly need the herb. Tokyo, 7 dea - 06/08/08 06:55 AM

it's like a jungle sometimes<br><br>you pastafarian you!<br><br>Art of war, not game.
Posted by: Alec_Fromm

Re: Crazy people truly need the herb. Tokyo, 7 dea - 06/08/08 06:55 AM

The herb for crazy people? Everybody could benefit from a little "herb"... seriously!<br><br>- a.k.a. Mississauga -
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Crazy people truly need the herb. Tokyo, 7 dea - 06/08/08 01:22 PM

This is the closest I have ever come to news of this magnitude.<br>I was actually about 50 feet from there at the time of the incident in a McDonalds having a coffee. The manager came down the stairs (there is a non smoking section down stairs) to say that some people had been stabbed right near the store and that he strongly advised us all to stay where we were because there were no police on the scene yet and the attacker had ran off somewhere. I was in no hurry at the time anyway, and stayed there for another half an hour or so. When I came out of the building I couldn't believe the scene that greeted me. I had missed the bodies of the dead and injured as they had already been taken to the hospital, but there was blood everywhere, strewn shoes, and police were swarming everywhere in the middle of the street in front of the restaurant. I saw a truck with a smashed window 30 meters down the road and didn't realize until I got home and saw the news how the truck played into it. I stuck around with the gawkers for a while until the gradually started to widen the cordoned off area and it became harder to see anything.<br><br>I was thinking I wished I had went up to see what was going on when the manager came down to stairs. Maybe I could have helped some people (I talked to a few people who did), or at least seen more. But I suppose it was best just to count myself lucky that psychopath hadn't struck when I had been walking on that street 20 minutes earlier.<br><br>It just came back to me now that people started laughing when the manager came down to tell us. No one really believed it. A bunch of people got on their cell phones and started giggling off stories to their friends how they were underground at the scene of an attack. We didn't know what was waiting for us when we walked out.<br><br>We are STILL what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle
Posted by: carp

Re: Crazy people truly need the herb. Tokyo, 7 dea - 06/08/08 04:50 PM

[color:blue]a man with a history of mental illness burst into an elementary school in Japan in 2001 and killed eight children. The killer was executed in 2004.</font color=blue> <-- Yiiikes<br><br>I guess in the US the nut cases prefer high school to go crazy<br><br>