World welcomes Obama win

Posted by: MacBozo

World welcomes Obama win - 06/04/08 07:31 AM

AP story<br><br>Looks like we're on the right track for a change. <br><br>
Posted by: Lea

Re: World welcomes Obama win - 06/04/08 07:49 AM

If everybody else is happy, I'm happy. <br><br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:white]xx</font color=white>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: World welcomes Obama win - 06/04/08 08:09 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>"He has a very appealing persona -- elegant, fluent, strings lots of sentences together into paragraphs,"<p><hr></blockquote><p>Amazing how low the Presidential bar is these days, huh?<br><br>

Re: World welcomes Obama win - 06/04/08 08:26 AM

Amazing how low the Presidential bar is these days, huh?<br>Nah! Just the current one. <br><br>
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: World welcomes Obama win - 06/04/08 08:31 AM

Well, I just hope Obama can continue to help put food on my family and enable gynecologists to practice their love for women. Cause you can't get fooled again.<br><br>
Posted by: garyW

it really works!!!!! - 06/04/08 09:21 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>If everybody else is happy, I'm happy. <p><hr></blockquote><p><br><br>
Posted by: DLC

Re: it really works!!!!! - 06/04/08 09:50 AM

LOL. .. . very funny.<br><br>David (OFI)

Re: it really works!!!!! - 06/04/08 10:01 AM

<br><br>I laughed hard at that the first time and it's still great. But note, I wasn't "bitter" then, and I'm still not. Nor am I fool. The train is leaving the station, I am on board. Granted, I'm not sitting in the cheering section, but I'll save my reservations for a more appropriate time. <br><br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:white]xx</font color=white>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>
Posted by: Jim_

Re: World welcomes Obama win - 06/04/08 02:35 PM

Yep, popularity and world opinion are important qualifications for running our country. Who cares about experience in local government and foreign policy, minor points.<br><br>It appears this is more like American Idol than a presidential election.<br><br>------>#1 - JD's Trivia game<br><br>------>#2 - MM-MCF Trivia game

Re: World welcomes Obama win - 06/04/08 02:42 PM

Oh, please. I'm at least trying to be gracious about this. You aren't helping.<br><br><br>[snicker][/snicker]<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:white]xx</font color=white>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>

Re: World welcomes Obama win - 06/04/08 03:00 PM

I thought you were being a bit out of character. <br><br>If Hillary makes VP I might consider voting for him, but if not, I doubt it.<br><br>(And I can't believe I replied in the Political morass. Never should have broken the ice here.) <br><br>------>#1 - JD's Trivia game<br><br>------>#2 - MM-MCF Trivia game
Posted by: Mike

Re: World welcomes Obama win - 06/04/08 03:18 PM

If the interest/participation in the upcoming November election is as high as it is/was in 'American Idol'... Wouldn't that be great?<br>IMHO, we'll see more Americans voting in this election than in the previous four.<br>(Just dreaming/hoping)<br><br>[color:blue][/b]Hodie mihi. Cras tibi.</font color=blue>[/b]

Re: World welcomes Obama win - 06/04/08 03:37 PM

<br><br><br><br>Pffft, you can handle it. <br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:white]xx</font color=white>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>

Re: World welcomes Obama win - 06/04/08 04:01 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>If the interest/participation in the upcoming November election is as high as it is/was in 'American Idol'... Wouldn't that be great?<p><hr></blockquote><p>Yes, and I'm sure we'll see record numbers voting. Let's hope the interest is for the right reasons and not like american Idol just superficial popularity due to race or fancy speeches.<br><br>Like I mentioned in another post, the race card is being played on both sides.<br><br>------>#1 - JD's Trivia game<br><br>------>#2 - MM-MCF Trivia game

Re: World welcomes Obama win - 06/05/08 06:09 AM

Yeah, like GW was ever qualified for more than used car salesman. <br><br>

Re: World welcomes Obama win - 06/05/08 06:11 AM

(And I can't believe I replied in the Political morass. Never should have broken the ice here.)<br><br>But, you're everywhere now. <br><br>

Re: World welcomes Obama win - 06/05/08 08:43 AM

Yeah, he was a salesman, he sold himself enough to get elected twice. <br><br>------>#1 - JD's Trivia game<br><br>------>#2 - MM-MCF Trivia game
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: World welcomes Obama win - 06/05/08 04:04 PM

"you can fool some of the people all of the time ..."<br><br>;-)<br><br>Turn up the signal, wipe out the noise ...