She wins!

Posted by: garyW

She wins! - 06/03/08 04:04 PM

<br><br>Congratulations Senator Obama, you've already made history. Now, on to the White House with a general election campaign as brilliant as the one you've just aced.<br><br>Yes. We. Can.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Mike

Re: She wins! - 06/03/08 04:18 PM

Yes...a historic decision in US politics!<br>Next question: Who will get the VP spot?<br><br>[color:blue][/b]Hodie mihi. Cras tibi.</font color=blue>[/b]
Posted by: DLC

Re: She wins! - 06/03/08 06:40 PM

I was hoping it'd get over tonight... <br><br>McCain has had a "free ride" too long<br><br><br>I know it won't happen but I wish he'd pick her as VP.<br>I know she doesn't deserve it the scortched earth campaign she's run..<br><br>But follow this:<br>To Obama which is most important just winning, or getting his potential programs and changes he wants to make done- enacted? The former is more ego driven... the latter more idealistic.<br>If his programs - his changes are #1 then pick Hillary...<br>1. it'd almost assure his victory .. the party more united.<br>2. The Obama / Clinton ticket would steam roller over McCain...<br>3. It could ensure or make a huge difference in the Congressional races which could give them a strong majority instead of this weak one.<br>4. That'd really go a long way to getting his program through Congress and also maybe few of Hillary's pet projects. She'd win too !<br><br>Hillary would be smart to take the VP because :<br>1. it would set her up for 2016 (or possibly 2012 if Obama's administration flopped - not likely)<br>2. and she might get some of her programs in the platform and through a Democratic Congress.<br>Not as good as being President, but it's a great consolation.<br><br>Is this too logical for politics ? <br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: Lea

Re: She wins! - 06/03/08 06:47 PM

Congratulations. I honestly hope everybody gets what they wish for.<br><br>I'll save the "Be careful . . ." for later. <br><br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:white]xx</font color=white>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>
Posted by: MrB

two things about her as VP - 06/04/08 08:23 AM

First, Her speech last night was all about stowing up her supporters so that she can have more bargaining with Obama for that VP spot. He shows weakness if he chooses here. As some talking heads said last night, He doesn't need her to bring in her women voters, another good woman would do the same. She wanted him to feel forced to choose.<br><br>second. If he chooses her as VP then he is a dead man. I mean literally. I just don't trust that woman. I know many here like her a lot but not me. Her whole campaign has been about her and not her parter or the country. Her speech last night was just more of the same. If he chooses her, then someone will kill him. May not be her supporters but might be so.<br><br>I say it's best for the party for her to just accept her loss and move on. I don't belive, for an instant that she could have had her decision ready to go for last night as a concession speech. She has had months to get her head around to this moment and be ready.<br><br>dave<br><br><br><br>