Wow, Hillary's comment on JFK assassination

Posted by: iBookmaster

Wow, Hillary's comment on JFK assassination - 05/23/08 05:08 PM

I'm sure you've heard or read about it today. There was just now a man on CNN's Lou Dobbs show that said what Hillary really meant was Obama could be assassinated by June and that's another reason why she's staying in the race. This guy said he didn't think Clinton was hoping for that but that it is a possibility. I couldn't believe this guy said this. I don't think she meant this at all. Although, the guy had a point. It was a 2 part answer to why she is staying in the race. Whadaya'll think?<br><br>
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Wow, Hillary's comment on JFK assassination - 05/23/08 05:22 PM

Just saw the comment on Olberman. No, she did not mean to offend. People make way too much of things.<br><br>
Posted by: MattMac112

Re: Wow, Hillary's comment on JFK assassination - 05/23/08 05:29 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>People make way too much of things.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Or not enough of things. Did you know not once was this reported by the CBS Evening News, ABC World News Tonight or DNC Nightly News ... <br><br><object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EpGH02DtIws&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EpGH02DtIws&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object><br><br>... not even reported by the New York Times. <br><br>But, let Dan Quayle spell potato as potatoe and OH MY GOD!!!!!!<br><br>Go ahead. Search the New York Times archive. You will not find one story about the guy running for President of the United STATES of America not knowing how many states there are IN America. <br><br>***********************<br><br>nothin'

Re: Wow, Hillary's comment on JFK assassination - 05/23/08 05:35 PM

Charlie Gibson of ABC News had it as his first news item of the broadcast. But, his news team didn't give a clear meaning of what she meant. Basically saying it was a misspeaking. <br><br>

Re: Wow, Hillary's comment on JFK assassination - 05/23/08 05:36 PM

Still picking nits, I see. <br><br>
Posted by: MattMac112

Re: Wow, Hillary's comment on JFK assassination - 05/23/08 05:42 PM

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nc5lHXkrdQ8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nc5lHXkrdQ8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object><br><br><blockquote>Rep. Kanjorski [D]: "That if we won the Congressional elections, we could stop the war. Now anybody was a good student of Government would know that wasn't true. But you know, the temptation to want to win back the Congress, we sort of stretched the facts...and people ate it up."</blockquote><br><br>***********************<br><br>nothin'
Posted by: keymaker

Re: Wow, Hillary's comment on JFK assassination - 05/23/08 06:10 PM

Even to this day historians are divided over whether Henry II [1154-1189] incited the murder of the Archbishop of Canterbury, Thomas Becket, when he was supposed to have said: "who will rid me of this meddlesome priest?".<br><br>Shakespeare wrote that Richard II [1377-1399] was murdered by Exton after Bolingbroke who had imprisoned the King in Pomfret Castle and fashioned himself as King Henry IV [1399-1413] pleaded with his courtiers: "have I no friend will rid me of this living fear?"<br><br>Given such parallels Hillary's comments seem vaguely sinister and in my opinion it was immoral of her to invoke the historical trauma of JFK's assassination and to make decisions about her own life on the assumption that the same fate will befall her rival.<br><br>km<br><br>
Posted by: DLC

Re: Wow, Hillary's comment on JFK assassination - 05/23/08 06:54 PM

Well I'm still pondering.... maybe she didn't mean it maliciously but it was a "wreckless statement" .... Stupid with a capital "S".<br><br>Heard this tonight on The News Hour... it's been whispered behind many closed doors Barak's possible vulnerability (and Clinton had to have known about it - it's been going on for months); and he was given SS protection earlier than ANY candidate in history (apparently that was known in political circles). The FBI, CIA took it very seriously - the first black to have a chance at being nominated... so to even mention this is very poor judgement - no matter what her intentions. And if she remembers RFK... he won is first primary in May and was assasinated 4 weeks later ! Barak's been a conternnder since January and apparently all those in security have been holding their breaths ever event he goes to , every stop... again we didn't hear of it because they were trying to keep it "low Key". <br><br>So I don't think she meant it ... but it's just callous, stupidity... so who answered the phone at 3 AM, Hillary ?? <br>Story still developing... lets see if other details come out.<br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: Celandine

Keith's Special Comment - 05/23/08 11:47 PM

Mort Easily Digested in 2 Pts.<br>but Part 2 is the Main Thrust:<br><center><br><object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pa85uo1QyGw&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pa85uo1QyGw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object><br><br><object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sny8VfgcjaI&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sny8VfgcjaI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object><br></center><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> <br>
Posted by: SgtBaxter

Re: Wow, Hillary's comment on JFK assassination - 05/24/08 04:10 AM

I think it was her go ahead sign :O<br><br><br>Hey I'm an F'n Jerk!
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Wow, Hillary's comment on JFK assassination - 05/24/08 05:20 AM

"But, let Dan Quayle spell potato as potatoe and OH MY GOD!!!!!!"<br><br>Was that on the nightly news? I remember that. If it was on the nightly news, I agree that's pretty pathetic.<br><br>We are STILL what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle
Posted by: watcher

Re: Wow, Hillary's comment on JFK assassination - 05/24/08 05:38 AM

^ That causes me to look into the similarity between the names Henry and Hillary.<br><br>

Re: Keith's Special Comment - 05/24/08 06:02 AM

All he needed to say was the last line or 2 of the second video. I don't know who I dislike more....this guy or Lou Dobbs. Both put way too much ugliness into their journalism. I guess they do it for ratings. So people will say "I love how he slams so & so". <br><br>

Re: Wow, Hillary's comment on JFK assassination - 05/24/08 06:03 AM

What? Do you keep these in your wallet? <br><br>

Re: Wow, Hillary's comment on JFK assassination - 05/24/08 07:58 AM

FYI - It WAS on the nightly news, .... but you have to look at the circumstances...<br>he's in a public school talking about their failings... and HE can't even spell potato ! ... the news is the hypocrisy of the GOP elite !! (and how out of touch they are in their "bubble" world) ... it's not his FU.<br><br>I think both events are news... you have to look at the underlying details - background <br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: Llewelyn

Re: Wow, Hillary's comment on JFK assassination - 05/24/08 09:49 AM

Made the BBC nightly news in England it was that important!!<br><br>I used to think it was terrible that life was unfair. Then I thought what if life were fair and all of the terrible things that happen came because we really deserved them? Now I take comfort in the general unfairness and hostility of the universe.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Wow, Hillary's comment on JFK assassination - 05/24/08 09:54 AM

Don't feed the master baiter.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>

Re: Wow, Hillary's comment on JFK assassination - 05/24/08 10:48 AM

OK Yoyo... I'll refrain to bait the Master Baiter ... <br><br>Who is on 2nd.... and ....<br><br>Well here's An-nother fine mess ....<br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Wow, Hillary's comment on JFK assassination - 05/24/08 03:49 PM

Even I found that strange during that time,<br>since the actual accepted alternate spelling <br>of potato IS Indeed spelt with an "E" ending.<br>Yet another example by Hu Flung Poo.<br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> <br>
Posted by: Centercentaur

Re: Keith's Special Comment - 05/25/08 07:28 PM

I agree. I think that, although almost all of the litany Olbermann cites was true, bringing all of it up now was a bit harsh. I think it is obvious that--however awkward it was-- she was ONLY referring to the RFK assassination as a familiar historical benchmark, and never meant to imply that Obama "might get shot." This is clearly unfair; it is American politics at its worst. And to pile on all this other stuff on the occasion of this completely overblown reaction to what was probably only fatigue, that's over the top. And I say this as an Obama supporter, and also as one who has often felt grateful to hear some of Olbermann's commentaries in the recent past. <br> <br> So I am disappointed in Olbermann this time; and I also am wary of this type of thing really embittering Hillary supporters into staying home in November, or worse, voting for McCain.<br><br>

Re: Keith's Special Comment - 05/25/08 07:54 PM

Listen to this little clip (thanks to Sean over at MCC)<br><br><object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BjYpkvcmog0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BjYpkvcmog0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object><br><br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: Centercentaur

Hillary gives her instructions - 05/25/08 08:05 PM

Yes, it's amazing that someone as insensitive as Liz Trotta could be a big success in journalism (well--maybe it ISN'T). How can she say that Hillary is tone deaf in her speaking after Trotta's own performance? Many layers of irony here.<br><br>Wonkette, on the other hand, seems convinced that a new Hillary video has surfaced:<br><br>http://wonkette.com/393092/more-shocking-video-hillary-gives-her-instructions<br><br>

Re: Hillary gives her instructions - 05/25/08 08:10 PM

LOL<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>