Are Bill and Hillary still together?

Posted by: Clark

Are Bill and Hillary still together? - 05/23/08 08:28 AM

Bill and Hillary don't seem to be on the same page. <br>Maybe they should have a coffee together some time and talk.<br><br>Bill has been campaigning to get his wife the runnning mate slot according to George Stephanopoulos.<br>"He is definitely talking it up, making no secret it would be a strong ticket for Barack Obama,” said Stephanopoulos.<br>"If she’s not going to be the nominee, then he wants her in the second spot," said one friend of the Clintons. "In the long run, it’s the best way for her to run again in 2016."<br>Hillary has been adamant that she is only interested in the presidency.<br><br>Bill said in an interview last week said that the idea of cutting Florida's delegation in half "a very reasonable solution" to the party's stand-off over how to treat a primary contest that was not sanctioned by the Democratic National Committee.<br>He called it an “appropriate penalty.”<br>Hillary on the other hand says that she insists on 100 percent representration for Florida.<br>"I think that is disingenuous but it's also insulting to the 1.7-million Floridians who actually turned out to vote."<br><br><br>I think it is interesting that Ted Kennedy, Jimmy Carter, and Nancy Pelosi are against having Hillary as Obama’s running mate.<br><br>
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Are Bill and Hillary still together? - 05/23/08 08:39 AM

I'd rather see her as Senate Majority Leader. I think that she is too powerful to be VP.<br><br>
Posted by: FSM

Re: Are Bill and Hillary still together? - 05/23/08 08:44 AM

i honestly felt like his message of change would be damaged by having a Clinton on the ticket. but, her followers are showing their "love" and they are reporting in record numbers that they absolutely won't vote for Obama. i'd almost rather lose to McCain than to give in to big babies who aren't dems for issues; rather, they're dems who won't vote for the black man. screw em.<br><br>but then i think about a McCain presidency. crap. i put our issues first so if it takes Hillary . . . <br><br>--<br>[color:red] Kansas Jayhawks -- 2008 National Champions </font color=red>
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: Are Bill and Hillary still together? - 05/23/08 09:39 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> . . . her followers are showing their "love" and they are reporting in record numbers that they absolutely won't vote for Obama.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Like Nader supporters in 2000, they'd rather be "right" than win. Too bad they can't ask the 100,000 dead from the Iraq war how they feel about them being "right".<br><br>
Posted by: DLC

Re: Are Bill and Hillary still together? - 05/23/08 07:26 PM

I think many of those threats are empty...<br>are they going to vote Bob Barr or "One Step*" McCain?<br><br>want more of the same economy... same inflation... same wars ?<br>I think they'll change their tunes come November when gas is $6 a gallon and the dollar is worth 15˘, and businesses are folding , and unemployment goes to 8-10%. Look around... small businesses are getting killed... no one has any spending cash any more... no discretionary $, and most have run their credit drier than Death Valley. Housing market in a slump, house values down another 3% ... <br><br>I think they're just reacting to the moment.... I sure hope so.<br><br>David (OFI)<br><br>*One Step behind Bush <br>but I realize I could be wrong.....
Posted by: Mac007

What I think Hillary should do - 05/23/08 07:44 PM

I think she should try for the position of Governor of Arkansas and get some real experience governing for eight years. Then after Obama's eight years or McCain's four years in office she could try again or better still she could try to become the first woman Pope. <br><br>"It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness."
Posted by: eckhard

shame on you!!! - 05/26/08 12:01 PM

<br>[color:blue]they're dems who won't vote for the black man. screw em.</font color=blue><br><br>NOT voting for Obama does NOT automatically make one racist.<br>That is a highly agressive position to take.<br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: shame on you!!! - 05/26/08 12:20 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p><br>[color:blue]they're dems who won't vote for the black man. screw em.</font color=blue><br><br>NOT voting for Obama does NOT automatically make one racist.<br>That is a highly agressive position to take.<p><hr></blockquote><p>That is not what he said. You are a racist if you won't vote for the black man. Of course everyone who does not vote for Obama is not a racist. That is a highly bizarre understanding of what FSM wrote. I think you lost it in translation. "the black man" translates not to Obama but to blacks in general. Not voting for the black man is not voting for him because of race. Those Democrats I would agree are not worth the time of day and we need not pander or kow tow to their wishes. Racists can go screw themselves.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: shame on you!!! - 05/26/08 12:32 PM

Like the WV lady says, "I'm sorta scared of the other race . . ."<br><br><object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F1x81XODP-o&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F1x81XODP-o&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object><br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>

Re: shame on you!!! - 05/26/08 12:36 PM

<br><br>Maybe you could "translate" this for me then:<br><br>"her followers are showing their "love" and are reporting in record numbers that they absolutely won't vote for Obama. i'd almost rather lose to McCain than to give in to big babies who aren't dems for issues; rather, they're dems who won't vote for the black man. screw em."<br><br>As I read it, he believes those, who wouldn't vote for Obama, don't have political issues worth making that decision. What is left then? Not wanting to vote for the black man ..... that's cearly an accusation of racism.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: shame on you!!! - 05/26/08 01:37 PM

Translation: he is talking about racists who are racists. He is not accusing anyone of being a racist accept racists. <br><br>People who won't vote for the black man are racists. Fu[i][/i]ck them and the racist boat they are rowing. <br><br>Capiche?<br><br>Blacks who won't vote for the white man are racists. etc.<br><br>

Re: shame on you!!! - 05/26/08 01:46 PM

That is definitely some scary stuff.<br><br><br>

Re: shame on you!!! - 05/26/08 02:19 PM

<br>[color:blue]he is talking about racists who are racists. He is not accusing anyone of being a racist accept racists. </font color=blue><br><br>No, he is not.<br>He is saying that the dems, who now suport Hillary and don't want to switch to Obama should Hillary lose, are non-issue-dems who don't want to vote for the black man.<br>That's an accusation, regardless of how you want to look at it. <br>This attitude kind of assumes that there couldn't possibly be any other reason NOT to vote for the man, except racism.<br>That is unfair and the kind of elitist position, which in itself might turn many people off.<br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: shame on you!!! - 05/26/08 02:21 PM

Your youtube brought me to another. Until the last ten seconds I was thinking West Virginia was McCain's 100%.<br><br><object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ODaxZSz3Awg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ODaxZSz3Awg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object><br><br>Flush the rest of those racist rednecks down the toilet.<br><br><br>

Re: shame on you!!! - 05/26/08 02:28 PM

It will always be construed as an elitist position to accuse racists of being racists and that we should screw them to the wall and ignore their racist lives and banter. A little stupid to call that position elitist. But I still think you're are also misconstruing sean's point. I can't clarify it any better than I have and leave it to sean to do that if he is still posting in this forum. (He is over at MacCentral Cafe geocaching with his kids.). But I am pretty sure sean was talking about racists being one issue. They are the definition of one issue dolts. Especially if a black man is on one of the tickets.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: shame on you!!! - 05/26/08 09:28 PM

"I don't feel like puttin' a black man in dere. I ain't prejudiced or nuttin".<br><br><br><br>

Re: shame on you!!! - 05/26/08 09:34 PM

<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: shame on you!!! - 05/26/08 09:48 PM

You can line up for autographs. <br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>