65,000 Attend Obama Oregon Rally

Posted by: Clark

65,000 Attend Obama Oregon Rally - 05/18/08 08:39 PM

It is estimated that 65,000 people attended an Obama rally in Oregon today.<br>Another 15,000 were left outside.<br><br>My sister was one of the 65,000 spectators. She also campaigns for Obama in Oregon.<br><br>Kate, I've got 2 brothers and 3 sisters who will be voting for Obama on Tuesday.<br>My mother may be voting for Hillary.<br>By the way, this is my biological family. My legal family lives in Wisconsin.<br><br><br>
Posted by: FSM

Re: 65,000 Attend Obama Oregon Rally - 05/18/08 09:27 PM

75,000 is what i just heard. maybe you can find your sister in this photo:<br><br><br><br><br>--<br>[color:red] Kansas Jayhawks -- 2008 National Champions </font color=red>
Posted by: Lea

Re: 65,000 Attend Obama Oregon Rally - 05/18/08 09:44 PM

I wouldn't recognize Clark's sister, but I know I don't see Kate.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:white]xx</font color=white>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>
Posted by: starmillway

Re: 65,000 Attend Obama Oregon Rally - 05/18/08 10:39 PM

That is great for Obama! Good turnout. I didn't know it was happening. I do know it looks like a shoo in for Obama in Ory-gawn.<br><br>The Clinton/Obama teams are now working on combining efforts to work on the November campaign. I will still cast my vote for Clinton but support the nominee in the November election, whomever <br><br>They've both done such good jobs and must be near exhaustion. I wish for them some refreshing, resting experiences before getting down the the serious business of beating McCain big time!<br><br><br><br>

Re: 65,000 Attend Obama Oregon Rally - 05/19/08 04:26 AM

[color:blue]"They've both done such good jobs and must be near exhaustion"</font color=blue><br><br>Funny, I was just thinking about that. That campaign must be extremely grueling. <br>They are traveling back and forth between states with very little sleep at times. <br>I couldn't come close to doing something like that.<br><br><br><br>

Re: 65,000 Attend Obama Oregon Rally - 05/19/08 04:35 AM

It's pretty easy, Sean. She's the one wearing the Obama button.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Celandine

Re: 65,000 Attend Obama Oregon Rally - 05/19/08 06:07 AM

<center><br><br> YEAH! THERE She Is! <br><br></center><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> [color:green]. . . _ _ _ . . .</font color=green><br>
Posted by: garyW

Re: 65,000 Attend Obama Oregon Rally - 05/19/08 07:29 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> ... I will still cast my vote for Clinton...<p><hr></blockquote><p>May 20th finally arrives! The Oregon primary always seemed so far off and the only reason I was even looking forward to it was knowing that you would finally be able to cast your vote for Hillary. <br><br><br><br>
Posted by: DLC

Re: 65,000 Attend Obama Oregon Rally - 05/19/08 08:03 AM

Well I have to say, Hillary can be proud of most (not all) of her campaign... I think she'd done better if she'd kept the "high" raod on several occassions.... but she IS one savvy, and powerful political Lady. NO one can match her - she is the most powerful woman in politics, Dem or GOP ! <br> I'd pay big $$ to see her and Coulter duke it out! ... course that be expensive for the 10 sec it'd last , with Ann down on the mat begging the referee to call the match !! <br><br>I hope she does come back and run again... but with a little more finesse.<br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: newkojak

Re: 65,000 Attend Obama Oregon Rally - 05/20/08 06:58 AM

I was very worried about how the campaign was going a few weeks ago, but now that we are at the end and it is time for the Democratic Party to unify, it does look like both candidates are handling their campaigns with tremendous decorum. Sen. Obama is not showing any impatience for the race to end and not rubbing any of the results in. Sen. Clinton has totally ceased some of her less attractive arguments and returned to a positive campaign. Party activists have resigned to reality and stopped wringing their hands and (quite bizarrely) looking to Al Gore to settle this.<br><br>It's the end of a good campaign that stirred a lot of blood. I only hope that the primary road show will end up motivating more volunteers for races up and down the ballot in all of the many states it stopped in.<br><br>-- Cee Bee Double-U